How One Muslim Suicide Has Been Used to Destroy the Marine Corps

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The liberal left appears to be complicit alongside CAIR in a assault on our national defense. This is just the latest hit piece on the marine corps due to the suicide of one Muslim Recruit. Now they along with the Muslim lobby want the whole boot camp process watered down in order for the national defesne to be weakened. Did this kid commit suicide or did he commit jihad when he jumped?
Already dozens of career Marines have lost their jobs. What is next?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/...ed-a-culture-of-brutality-in-the-marines.html

Last edited:
I'll finish later (alanb always has interesting topics) I'm already confused by the second paragraph

. He graduated ninth in the class of 2014 from Taylor’s Harry S. Truman High School, a valedictorian with his pick of colleges

One suicide isn't going to change things.

Everybody's just waiting for America to grow soft.

Then the fun begins.

Just another in the long line of rolling stone reporters lying about the military

Not allowing DI's to stick Muslim recruits in a dryer is "hurting our national defense"?

Moreover, the two main incidents mentioned in detail in the NYT piece were internally investigated by the Marines as part of their normal procedures. Punishment was recommended in both instances. Some are facing court martial this summer. Even the Marines realize these few DI's went way overboard.

No offense to any marines on here, but now days the marines recruit pussies & women over guys that actually want to be marines. It's all about diversity. I'm sure they still recruit plenty of good marines. But they also choose pussies & women over serious candidates.

It's all about diversity & plus they weren't doing many waivers for anyone back in 2013 when I tried to join.

The liberal left appears to be complicit alongside CAIR in a assault on our national defense. This is just the latest hit piece on the marine corps due to the suicide of one Muslim Recruit. Now they along with the Muslim lobby want the whole boot camp process watered down in order for the national defesne to be weakened.
Already dozens of career Marines have lost their jobs. What is next?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/06/...ed-a-culture-of-brutality-in-the-marines.html

Ok, I stopped reading at they put the kid in a dryer, and were asking him if he was still a muslim.

People should have been fired, people should be held to account for disobeying direct orders.

I get that their are a lot of marines here that look fondly on their time in basic, and see a need for these off book tactics, but if you get caught breaking the rules, you have to be held to account.

What would be worse then coddling these recruits, is allowing a basic break down in command structure.

The standing order is no hazing. These people got caught hazing, and will now be held to account as they should be.

Boot Camp hazing is nothing compared to what we do in Fleet at 29 Palms. If you can't handle boot camp you are definitely going to kill yourself once you get to Fleet.

Boot Camp hazing is nothing compared to what we do in Fleet at 29 Palms. If you can't handle boot camp you are definitely going to kill yourself once you get to Fleet.
they describe him as unathletic, is that even possible? I suppose any individual with above average will power and heart could make up that sort of deficiency but I can't imagine an unathletic person being able to hang with the marines in bootcamp

If someone bullied me by putting me in a clothes dryer I'd probably run them over with a car.

No offense to any marines on here, but now days the marines recruit pussies & women over guys that actually want to be marines. It's all about diversity. I'm sure they still recruit plenty of good marines. But they also choose pussies & women over serious candidates.

It's all about diversity & plus they weren't doing many waivers for anyone back in 2013 when I tried to join.

lol, sure buddy. Any idiot can get into the marines and i've never seen them give a fuck about "diversity". Literally a monkey could join the marines. I'm curious to know what your excuse is about "trying to join" and them not letting you. Did you pull a Ted Nugent or something?

Isn't this part of the problem?

I get wanting to put people through a crucible. It serves its purposes. However, we feed 18 year olds propaganda to get them to join. Get them to sign a contract that gives them no escape for years, and then put them through the psychological warfare meant to break and rebuild a person.

If we changed either the propaganda, or the locked in contract during training, I would have less of an issue with these off book tactics.

If we really want the marines to be elite, double their pay. Then we wouldn't need to sell 18 year olds lies, and use contracts to keep people in the military.

they describe him as unathletic, is that even possible? I suppose any individual with above average will power and heart could make up that sort of deficiency but I can't imagine an unathletic person being able to hang with the marines in bootcamp

He only lasted 12 days. However, you can get through boot camp without being in great shape starting off. The whole point is to turn you into a killer. They won't take you if you are in bad shape but average shape yes and the guy was not in bad shape. Look at the picture. He was scrawny but thin. If he had been mentally storng he would have left boot camp in good shape.

He only lasted 12 days. However, you can get through boot camp without being in great shape starting off. The whole point is to turn you into a killer. They won't take you if you are in bad shape but average shape yes and the guy was not in bad shape. Look at the picture. He was scrawny but thin. If he had been mentally storng he would have left boot camp in good shape.

lol at "they won't take you if you're in bad shape". I literally know a bunch of guys i went to school with who made it in while being in bad shape. They also all happened to be some of the dumbest people i knew and most of them i would NEVER trust with a gun let alone running around behing other soldiers with AR's, SAW's, etc.

The Marines aren't going to change. Tradition is one of the driving forces of the Corps. They still use the same verbiage as those that served 50 years ago for christ sake.

lol at "they won't take you if you're in bad shape". I literally know a bunch of guys i went to school with who made it in while being in bad shape. They also all happened to be some of the dumbest people i knew and most of them i would NEVER trust with a gun let alone running around behing other soldiers with AR's, SAW's, etc.

No you don't.

No you don't.

I literally hung out with a lot of them almost every day. Most of them ate like shit, never worked out or exercised, etc. Oh and 4 of them were in sped classes which should tell you right away that they weren't the brightest bunch. On my mother's grave i am not making any of this up. Sure, some of the guys i knew that joined the marines DID workout a lot and were in good shape, but quite a bit of them weren't.

You can look up pictures of plenty of out of shape marines, and that's while they are deployed. Yet somehow it's hard to believe that BEFORE they joined the marines there is no way they could of been out of shape? Pleasssse.

You sound mad. I'm guessing you were a marine?

As long as you literally knew them...

Back