How many of you believe Hendricks caused GSP's retirement?

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
th

I think was a factor, but not the main reason.

He probably did want to leave, I just think after a very tough fight like that it likely made him want a break even more.

It was a huge factor, if not the biggest.

Georges didn't want to fight Hendricks in the first place. Then after he was thrashed and gifted a decision, he wants no part of a rematch.

Hell, he's saying that Jake Shields will be WW champ...

Give me a fucking break.

Considering the rumours were out there well before the fight even happened that he was going to retire or take an extended leave, no Hendricks had little if anything to do it.
He was ready to walk away if he destroyed Hendricks, he was ready to walk away on a loss, and as he showed in the presser, he was ready to walk away after winning a close one.

He said there was an announment after the fight way before he fought Hendricks and even his manager said he might retire, so no it wasnt a factor at all

Georges didn't want to fight Hendricks in the first place. Then after he was thrashed and gifted a decision, he wants no part of a rematch.

Give me a fucking break.

Georges can see into the future?!?
He really IS the GOAT!

But you already knew that
CzhfQWd.jpg

GSP hasn't been the same fighter since he returned from knee injury to fight Condit. You could tell back then that his head wasn't completely in it and he was having reservations about being a pro fighter. Yes Hendricks gave him a tough fight but GSP was a shell of his former self. GSP a couple of years ago would have mopped the floor with him.

There were threads here about GSP making a possible retirement speech before he fought Hendricks.

Give me a fucking break.

"Gifted decision"?

Most media members gave GSP rounds 3 & 5 and Hendricks rounds 2 & 4, the main concern is over the 1st round. If it's so damn close, it should probably be a 10-10, resulting in a 48-48 Draw. Personally, I give close rounds like that to the champ, but you could just as easily give it to Hendricks. Basically, judging it round-by-round, it's a toss-up.

Judging the fight as a whole? I'd side with Hendricks. But we don't judge fights like that, so it's worthless.

People are so impressed by Hendricks that they overvalue everything he did, it was a much closer fight than fans want to admit.

He said there was an announment after the fight way before he fought Hendricks and even his manager said he might retire, so no it wasnt a factor at all

No Dana White cleared that up. The big announcement was that he was going to be at a shopping mall signing autographs or something. It's irrelevant him making the conference call that's something totally different.

The writing had been on the wall for a while. So illiterates would think this, yes.

"Gifted decision"?

Most media members gave GSP rounds 3 & 5 and Hendricks rounds 2 & 4, the main concern is over the 1st round. If it's so damn close, it should probably be a 10-10, resulting in a 48-48 Draw. Personally, I give close rounds like that to the champ, but you could just as easily give it to Hendricks. Basically, judging it round-by-round, it's a toss-up.

Judging the fight as a whole? I'd side with Hendricks. But we don't judge fights like that, so it's worthless.

People are so impressed by Hendricks that they overvalue everything he did, it was a much closer fight than fans want to admit.

Oh hush now. Using logic with Redhawks100. Besides he acknowledged GSP as the GOAT already!

"Gifted decision"?

Nope. Every single reputable MMA media outlet gave Hendricks the first round.

Sherdog: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
5thRound: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
MMAJunkie: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
BleacherReport: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
MMAFrenzy: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
MMAFighting: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
BloodyElbow: "Round 1 to Hendricks"

Nah, that seems more like Jones/Gus.

Back