How many of you believe Hendricks caused GSP's retirement?

If someone other than Hendricks grabs the WW strap and then GSP happens to miraculously return then yeah it will be pretty obvious he was ducking a rematch with Hendricks

No Dana White cleared that up. The big announcement was that he was going to be at a shopping mall signing autographs or something. It's irrelevant him making the conference call that's something totally different.

You're talking about an entirely different happening.

Only haters believe this

GSP was hinting his "announcement" before the fight took place. Had he dominated Hendricks, he probably would've taken time off, still.

If someone other than Hendricks grabs the WW strap and then GSP happens to miraculously return then yeah it will be pretty obvious he was ducking a rematch with Hendricks

What if, in your scenario, GSP is out until 2015? Lets say Hendricks loses to Lawler (unlikely but it could happen) and GSP announces months down the road that he'll make a comeback in say May 2015.

Does that still qualify for you?

Georges can see into the future?!?
He really IS the GOAT!

But you already knew that
CzhfQWd.jpg

Lol! Fuckin' pwned!

What if, in your scenario, GSP is out until 2015? Lets say Hendricks loses to Lawler (unlikely but it could happen) and GSP announces months down the road that he'll make a comeback in say May 2015.

Does that still qualify for you?

I dunno man

It was a huge factor, if not the biggest.

Georges didn't want to fight Hendricks in the first place. Then after he was thrashed and gifted a decision, he wants no part of a rematch.

Hell, he's saying that Jake Shields will be WW champ...

Give me a fucking break.

How fucking retarded can you be? He want to retire since the condit fight but he had issues to solve with Nick diaz and then hendricks beging for the shot. I cant belive what people write in here.

And no, hendricks had nothing with the retiremente, maybe was that fight was the one that make him realized he couldnt continue without a break but dont think so.

How fucking retarded can you be? He want to retire since the condit fight but he had issues to solve with Nick diaz and then hendricks beging for the shot. I cant belive what people write in here.

And no, hendricks had nothing with the retiremente, maybe was that fight was the one that make him realized he couldnt continue without a break but dont think so.

Issues to solve with Diaz?

mj-laughing.gif

I'd concede and admit that GSP is the GOAT if he legitimately beat Hendricks and didn't have to rely on extremely poor and incompetent judging to win the fight.

Nope. Every single reputable MMA media outlet gave Hendricks the first round.

Sherdog: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
5thRound: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
MMAJunkie: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
BleacherReport: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
MMAFrenzy: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
MMAFighting: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
BloodyElbow: "Round 1 to Hendricks"

Nah, that seems more like Jones/Gus.

Dave Meltzer - 48-47 GSP
SportsIllustrated.com Jeff Wagenheim - 48-47 GSP

BUT EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!

GSP didn't want to fight Hendricks in the first place?

mj-laughing.gif

He handpicked Nick Diaz over Hendricks. Diaz was coming off of a loss, out of retirement and hadn't had a top 10 win since Daley. Hendricks, meanwhile, had just racked up his 3rd top 10 win.

What was GSP's excuse for not fighting him?

"I feel he lost to Koscheck"

I'd concede and admit that GSP is the GOAT if he legitimately beat Hendricks and didn't have to rely on extremely poor and incompetent judging to win the fight.

Why would he become the GOAT by beating Hendricks even if he had won dominantly?

I dont get the logic in a Hendricks victory

But you ALREADY admitted it!!! Or are you saying you are a liar?

Back