How many of you believe Hendricks caused GSP's retirement?

UFC bullshit caused his retirement..

Not Johny..

He handpicked Nick Diaz over Hendricks. Diaz was coming off of a loss, out of retirement and hadn't had a top 10 win since Daley. Hendricks, meanwhile, had just racked up his 3rd top 10 win.

What was GSP's excuse for not fighting him?

"I feel he lost to Koscheck"

GSP fought a murderer's row of the best fighters in the world at his division over the course of 9 years, and beat them all handily. But he was scared of Johny Hendricks.

mj-laughing.gif

By the way, those "incompetent judges" scored the fight round-for-round (like they were supposed to). Thank Christ they didn't score it based on the "look at his face" criteria that you and many others blindly subscribed to.

GSP wanted to retire, the fight with hendricks just exaggerated those feelings.

GSP fought a murderer's row of the best fighters in the world at his division over the course of 9 years, and beat them all handily. But he was scared of Johny Hendricks.

mj-laughing.gif

By the way, those "incompetent judges" scored the fight round-for-round (like they were supposed to). Thank Christ they didn't score it based on the "look at his face" criteria that you and many others blindly subscribed to.

Murderer's row? Hahaha... oh good lord. I expected this from a delusional Rampage fan.

Another incredibly dumb statement from MarkHammer. I never said facial damage should've given Hendricks the win. Are you completely incapable of creating a good and coherent post?

Murderer's row? Hahaha... oh good lord. I expected this from a delusional Rampage fan.

Another incredibly dumb statement from MarkHammer. I never said facial damage should've given Hendricks the win. Are you completely incapable of creating a good and coherent post?

Great post. The points you've outlined here have forced me to re-evaluate my original opinion regarding you being a full-of-shit blowhole.

Great post. The points you've outlined here have forced me to re-evaluate my original opinion regarding you being a full-of-shit blowhole.

It really isn't my fault you have no argumentative point to make.

It was a huge factor, if not the biggest.

Georges didn't want to fight Hendricks in the first place. Then after he was thrashed and gifted a decision, he wants no part of a rematch.

Hell, he's saying that Jake Shields will be WW champ...

Give me a fucking break.

Shut the fuck up already! We all get it your GSP hater. Now, go jerk off to old silva fights!

Its kind of funny seeing the contrast of opinions in terms of certain fighters compared to others.

This whole do you believe Hendricks caused his retirement is almost similar to jones situation with Gus. Many on sherdog vehemently think that jones was ducking Gus or is ducking Gus for Texiera yet someone mentioning that they think Hendricks had something to do with GSPs retirement is somehow out the question.

I think it was a combination of the pressure but its funny to see the opinions though.

I actually think the close decision was the reason GSP didn't commit to retiring right then and there. He's prideful and probably thought he owed Hendricks a rematch after the scores were announced. I do think he had planned to retire before the fight. After thinking long and hard about it and actually watching the fight he probably figured that the fight was close and he was fine with the decision which lead him to be okay with the retirement.

It really isn't my fault you have no argumentative point to make.

Lol, what was there to argue with? Me being a big stupid meanie head Rampage fan?

You have been shredded a new asshole in this thread, and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Nope. Every single reputable MMA media outlet gave Hendricks the first round.

Sherdog: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
5thRound: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
MMAJunkie: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
BleacherReport: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
MMAFrenzy: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
MMAFighting: "Round 1 to Hendricks"
BloodyElbow: "Round 1 to Hendricks"

Nah, that seems more like Jones/Gus.
And how did he win that round?

Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as (1) effective striking, (2) effective grappling, (3) control of the ring/fighting area, (4) effective aggressiveness and (5) defense.

Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in (c) above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense.

1) Effective striking is judged by determining the total number of legal strikes landed by a contestant.

Total Strikes? Hendricks > GSP (27 > 26)
Sig. Strikes? GSP > Hendricks (19 > 18)

That's pretty damn close.

2) Effective grappling is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown and reversals. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to mount position, and bottom position fighters using an active threatening guard.

Both GSP & Hendricks landed 1 takedown, GSP was the only one to threaten with a submission attempt.

Another close one, maybe slight edge for GSP.

3) Fighting area control is judged by determining who is dictating the pace, location and position of the bout. Examples of factors to consider are countering a grappler's attempt at takedown by remaining standing and legally striking, taking down an opponent to force a ground fight, creating threatening submission attempts, passing the guard to achieve mount, and creating striking opportunities.

Dictating the pace, location and position of the bout? Maybe slight edge to Hendricks for defending one of GSP's takedown attempts to force more exchanges.

But again, each gained one takedown, and GSP "created a threatening submission attempt".

This one is probably a draw.

4) Effective aggressiveness means moving forward and landing a legal strike.

Aggressiveness and landing a legal strike? I'd say Hendricks was a bit more aggressive but they landed nearly the same amount of strikes. Draw, maybe edged by Hendricks.

5) Effective defense means avoiding being struck, taken down or reversed while countering with offensive attacks.

For the millionth time, they landed nearly the same amount. Hendricks only avoided 1 takedown attempt.

The following objective scoring criteria shall be utilized by the judges when scoring a round:

a round is to be scored as a 10-10 round when both contestants appear to be fighting evenly and neither contestant shows clear dominance in a round;

a round is to be scored as a 10-9 round when a contestant wins by a close margin, landing the greater number of effective legal strikes, grappling and other maneuvers;

Last edited:
I'd concede and admit that GSP is the GOAT if he legitimately beat Hendricks and didn't have to rely on extremely poor and incompetent judging to win the fight.

No! No! No! You said if he won and he did. Now eat a dick or crow!

Lol, what was there to argue with? Me being a big stupid meanie head Rampage fan?

You have been shredded a new asshole in this thread, and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Still, you are just incoherently rambling.

ROFL,

The thread just got cold blooded but I still dont know why Hendricks would make GSP the GOAT definitely.

I think GSP has fought the hardest grouping of contenders but his status of GOAT IMO would be through Silva, another true elite.

Back