How long would you stay in a relationship without sex?

She has been treated horribly and abused by her ex. She's unfortunately been through a lot in her short life, which makes the situation less black and white. She tells me she feels like she doesn't deserve my love.
well shit man, that sucks I'm sorry for her and that you have to deal w/ that

I renege what I said then, can't force the issue here especially if care about her

She has been treated horribly and abused by her ex. She's unfortunately been through a lot in her short life, which makes the situation less black and white. She tells me she feels like she doesn't deserve my love.

if her past had been so terrible, then how was it that she began to have tons of sex with you, and couldn't get her hands off you? couldn't have been that past abuse.

haven't gone through the entire thread, but i'm sure this has been said, and it's absolutely true: the threadstarter turned into a wussy, and it completely destroyed her attraction to him. that is what happened. absolutely nothing to do with medication.

guys can't forget that women want men who do things on their terms, and who don't cater or seek approval from their women.
What a shitty observation.

if her past had been so terrible, then how was it that she began to have tons of sex with you, and couldn't get her hands off you? couldn't have been that past abuse.
You sound like you have literally zero understanding of psychology.

Does she engage in self destructive behavior?

Either way this doesn't sound like a healthy relationship and there is chance you could be enabling unhealthy behavior. If she has issues she has to deal than she has to deal with them. You can't love her out of depression or feeling bad which should be obvious by now.

You shouldn't be in a committed relationship until you can love and be by yourself and it doesn't sound like this chick is there. And you can't get her there, that is all up to her.

Not long at all. You need sex, good sex, for a relationship to last.

Does she engage in self destructive behavior?

Either way this doesn't sound like a healthy relationship and there is chance you could be enabling unhealthy behavior. If she has issues she has to deal than she has to deal with them. You can't love her out of depression or feeling bad which should be obvious by now.

You shouldn't be in a committed relationship until you can love and be by yourself and it doesn't sound like this chick is there. And you can't get her there, that is all up to her.

She does.

This post really resonated with me. Thank you.

<2>

The thing is she is a really sweet person. I like her personality a lot. She works with kids and she's great with them. She likes MMA. We are both into music. Previous to all of this she's someone I could see myself building a life with and having a family. When we were sleeping together, it was by far the best sex I've ever had.
I would leave her for liking MMA,like an ex smoker who moans the most when someone lights up,I did MMA for a good number of years,but won't have that shit on my TV for 10 seconds these days

Last edited:
It really sounds like it is the medication and possibly the reason why shes on it in the first place. I would suggest her trying new medications or take a short break on a weekend when it can be just you and her. Also see if anything else will turn her on like starting with a message or just being a little forceful and take it. My girl was reserved for the first year plus and then I started being a little more agresssive and things changed. If she has ex issues, she most likely secretly likes being a little aggressive and dominated. Kinda f'd up but its what Ive noticed in my experience.

I've been on a lot of different meds over the years - related to depression and fatigue - and they can have a big impact on energy and sex drive. There is a lot of trial and error involved in terms of finding the right meds and dosages. When something wasn't doing the trick I'd be sleeping all the time. It's a crippling lethargy. I'd have to sneak out the office at work constantly and take naps in my car. Tied into that, my sex drive wouldn't be dead, but doing anything about it would be too much of a chore. I'd sit and watch Anal Goliath 6 for an hour and not even jack off for example. But once you have a working prescription everything goes back to normal (That said some shit'll come up and you gotta change up meds again and the process starts all over)

Last edited:
yikes, I hope this isnt the case but thats text book reflective woman talk bro. When women say stuff like that its because they arent into you like they used to be.

She's probably getting sex somewhere else.

I'm Dating a girl who I just found out has borderline personality disorder. Consider yourself lucky.

Depends on the situation. If I was in your situation I would break up. I mean you haven't even seen her recently so it isn't that serious. Get out now while you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back