How long would you stay in a relationship without sex?

My parents and I have managed fine so far.

tumblr_m00ya6_Urej1qz5yzjo1_500.jpg

Here's my situation.

When my girlfriend and I first started seeing each other, I was emotionally available but she pursued me anyways. We started sleeping together and it was amazing. She wanted me all the time, and the sex was great. Eventually I got to a place where I felt ready for a relationship which made her very happy. But ever since we started dating, things changed. She's become depressed and has no sex drive. She says she is disgusted with herself even though she looks the same and is beautiful. She switched medication around the time we started dating and she sites that as the reason for the change, but I can't help but feel like she liked the cold hearted emotionally unavailable version of me, and now that she has the me chase is over. When we started dating I went from being kind of an asshole, to the sweet person who I feel I really am (flowers, dinner, etc). I've talked to her about it and she insists it's her medication and nothing to do with me, but man it's been a while since we've had sex now. Last time was August 5th. And before that it had been a while too. I haven't even seen her recently, so it's not like she's taking care of me in other ways if you know what I mean. When I was single in the winter I was having sex all the time. I've been in a relationship for most of the summer now and have had sex like twice. I'm doing my best but it's getting more difficult. I don't wanna keep talking to her about it because I feel like I've made myself very clear. I'm in a really good place in my life right now aside from this, but I can't help but feel a little bad about myself because of it. I really do care about her and I want it to work but how long do I wait to see if things change?

TLDR: Cliffs

-Started seeing girl when emotionally unavailable
-I was kind of an asshole
-Sex all the time
-Started dating
-Started being really sweet to her
-Sex no mas
-She claims it's her new medication

Lol at not getting laid since august 5th...you got nothing, try being married for 10 years with twin babies at home like me. If I want to get laid I'd have to pay for it.

Last edited:
Here's my situation.

When my girlfriend and I first started seeing each other, I was emotionally available but she pursued me anyways. We started sleeping together and it was amazing. She wanted me all the time, and the sex was great. Eventually I got to a place where I felt ready for a relationship which made her very happy. But ever since we started dating, things changed. She's become depressed and has no sex drive. She says she is disgusted with herself even though she looks the same and is beautiful. She switched medication around the time we started dating and she sites that as the reason for the change, but I can't help but feel like she liked the cold hearted emotionally unavailable version of me, and now that she has the me chase is over. When we started dating I went from being kind of an asshole, to the sweet person who I feel I really am (flowers, dinner, etc). I've talked to her about it and she insists it's her medication and nothing to do with me, but man it's been a while since we've had sex now. Last time was August 5th. And before that it had been a while too. I haven't even seen her recently, so it's not like she's taking care of me in other ways if you know what I mean. When I was single in the winter I was having sex all the time. I've been in a relationship for most of the summer now and have had sex like twice. I'm doing my best but it's getting more difficult. I don't wanna keep talking to her about it because I feel like I've made myself very clear. I'm in a really good place in my life right now aside from this, but I can't help but feel a little bad about myself because of it. I really do care about her and I want it to work but how long do I wait to see if things change?

TLDR: Cliffs

-Started seeing girl when emotionally unavailable
-I was kind of an asshole
-Sex all the time
-Started dating
-Started being really sweet to her
-Sex no mas
-She claims it's her new medication

What relationship?

I've talked to her about it. I know it would greatly benefit her life. I work at a gym and train MMA. She seems interested, especially in training MMA, but she hasn't pulled the trigger on it.

It's quite possible she's scared or anxious. The hardest part is taking that first step. Once taken, it gets much easier. I used to suffer from anxiety quite bad, and it took me months to get to my first BJJ class after deciding I was going to go. But once you get there and begin the warm up, it just fades away.

If shes worth it and gureat in most aspects i look for id stay as long as i could..............

but im still hittin some pumpum on the side

<GinJuice>

If you haven't banged her a month into the relationship, it's time to find a new target. In fact, you should aim to get laid on the third date.

I've been on a lot of different meds over the years - related to depression and fatigue - and they can have a big impact on energy and sex drive. There is a lot of trial and error involved in terms of finding the right meds and dosages. When something wasn't doing the trick I'd be sleeping all the time. It's a crippling lethargy. I'd have to sneak out the office at work constantly and take naps in my car. Tied into that, my sex drive wouldn't be dead, but doing anything about it would be too much of a chore. I'd sit and watch Anal Goliath 6 for an hour and not even jack off for example. But once you have a working prescription everything goes back to normal (That said some shit'll come up and you gotta change up meds again and the process starts all over)

Damn, Anal Goliath 6 must have some serious character development.

Just tell her, "look. I'm going to have sex on a regular basis. You get to choose whether you want it to be with you or someone else."

The only legit reason a woman won't have sex is illness. Otherwise I'd be out after a few weeks. Learned my lesson about staying in sexless relationships. Sexless relationships aren't relationships.

If your woman isn't sleeping with you on a regular basis, then she is sleeping or thinking about sleeping with someone else, end of discussion.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but most of those mental health medications don't kill your sex drive, they just make it extremely difficult or impossible to cum. So her medication excuse could be total bullshit.
Completely untrue.
Medications can definitely lower your libido and energy. It can kill men and womens sex drive. It's not just about coming. They can make you not want to have sex, or even make it difficult to get erections

I haven't seen her because trying to make plans with her is like pulling teeth and she has continuously bailed on our plans due to her condition.

I'm 26, as stated previously.

She has been treated horribly and abused by her ex. She's unfortunately been through a lot in her short life, which makes the situation less black and white. She tells me she feels like she doesn't deserve my love.

Unless you are a guy that also likes "complicated" relationships, this relationship will probably be nothing but a giant headache.
I could understand if there was no sex, but there was still good communication and good quality time being spent, but if you're not even seeing her, then what's the point?
I had a similar issue with a girl, and the moment it changed from "messin around" to "let's actually have a real date ", she got shady.
She's a nice girl, but she also has a fucked up past. She likes games and the chase. I don't.
These mental issues aren't generally issues you can sit on, wait, and hope the person comes to their senses. Especially when it's depression. Depression makes them not want to do anything, and when you don't force them to make decisions, then it just reinforces their not doing shit.

I say you have to make an ultimatum or just cut ties.

Come home with some perfume on your clothes around your neck and maybe some kinda something that looks like a hickey

If she asks about it say not having sex won't be an issue any more and then just go take a shower

That will fix it

The last time we had sex (August 5th) (yeah, I remember the date) (Pettis vs Moreno) She felt amazing afterwards. I was like, see? You need to let me make you feel better. We had a good conversation about how a healthy sex life lessens the things she's dealing with. She totally agreed at the time, but seemed to forget rather quickly.
This, and the thing about her feeling like she doesn't deserve your love, both point to her being codependent. Is that her condition? Did one or both of her parents abandon her as a child?

Back