How good was Matt Hamill?

For all of the embarrassing statements that Tito has been lampooned for, I'm surprised that this one flew under the radar after it happened.
Tito's a gift. Love how Hamill thought it was hilarious.

I felt he won the fight with Bisping. He didn’t want to fight his friend Franklin and showed it during the fight, but yeah jon jones took his soul.

Matt Hamill has more class in his pinky finger than Bones does in his whole body. Didn't need any 'roids, cheap shots, or excuses.

GOAT post-fight winning interview after Jon Jones.

Deaf, and concussed, he got KO'd and assumed he'd lost, Rogan forgot he was deaf, and Matt slurred some shit about his shoulder being the reason he lost, when he had actually won via a technicality... Brutally hilarious.

10 mins in:

His loss to Bisping made me hate Bisping until now.

Kinda reminds me of Bader in a way.

Heard he just came out of retirement. Not sure where he will fight next though.

I recall on TUF, during the training, Matt came across as an extremely top level wrestler. Strangely enough, I seem to recall that when he would have an actual fight, he wouldn't wrestle all that much which I found odd.

I think he was a good fighter. He looked good in the Bisping and Tito fights

I've been re watching tuf 3 on fight pass and it got Me thinking about Matt 'The Hammer 'Hamill

What are peoples thoughts on him as a fighter and his skill level?

Notable wins:

Tim boetsch (tko)
Mark Munoz ( ko)
Jon Jones ( lol )
Keith Jardine ( decision)
Tito Ortiz ( decision)

Some decent wins there but he lost a fair few two.

How good was his wrestling?
On the show he was portrayed as very high level. Wiki says he was a 3 time ncaa division 3 champ. Is division 3 a lot lower level than 2 and 1? How do his credentials stack up?

The man is clearly an inspirational guy and what he was able to achieve dispite his disability is impressive.

Thoughts?
He is the only fighter to defeat Jones

I've been re watching tuf 3 on fight pass and it got Me thinking about Matt 'The Hammer 'Hamill

What are peoples thoughts on him as a fighter and his skill level?

Notable wins:

Tim boetsch (tko)
Mark Munoz ( ko)
Jon Jones ( lol )
Keith Jardine ( decision)
Tito Ortiz ( decision)

Some decent wins there but he lost a fair few two.

How good was his wrestling?
On the show he was portrayed as very high level. Wiki says he was a 3 time ncaa division 3 champ. Is division 3 a lot lower level than 2 and 1? How do his credentials stack up?

The man is clearly an inspirational guy and what he was able to achieve dispite his disability is impressive.

Thoughts?

he so great he beat jon jones. DUH

Classy, strong, ground breaker mentality, good wrestler, humble, competitive mid-western nice guy. While he was always a wrestler first and foremost, he did have some just powerful hammerfists. I always had the feeling he didn't like to hurt people, therefore his striking was not heavy on technique.
Interesting take. On tuf he was thought of as very cocky and too rough in training all the time/ punching too hard etc

His loss to Bisping made me hate Bisping until now.

Kinda reminds me of Bader in a way.
I believe that bisping fight was the catalyst for virtually all of the bisping hate from then on out.

For not being able to hear instruction during a fight, he did very well.

Back