How good was Matt Hamill?

Your an ass.

he was at a competitor and not a lay down fight for anyone in the LHW division. He was ranked fighter in the top org and you say he was awful.

Shertards.

<{clintugh}>
So he was an average fighter in a razor thing division? He could only wrestle and had pretty bad cardio. Sure he won a couple fights he shouldn’t have but once wheels fell off he was done.

Not good enough to start a thread about and have it go 3 pages...

Hamill's weakness was being deaf. Deafness itself wasn't a weakness, but it produces the side effect of a soft head. He couldn't take a shot. Tito explains.;)

good wrestler with big strength but limited on striking and grappling.

He was not very good. His wrestling was very over-stated as well.

So he was an average fighter in a razor thing division? He could only wrestle and had pretty bad cardio. Sure he won a couple fights he shouldn’t have but once wheels fell off he was done.
Whatever dude. I would love to see your pro fighting record.

The guy was in the top 10 at times in the top organization. Even if the division was not at its peak then he deserves some credit.

Whatever dude. I would love to see your pro fighting record.

The guy was in the top 10 at times in the top organization. Even if the division was not at its peak then he deserves some credit.

No sense arguing with this fool. Now that you've challenged him he's just going to dig deeper into the Hate Mine. Fuck him. War Hammil.

Classy, strong, ground breaker mentality, good wrestler, humble, competitive mid-western nice guy. While he was always a wrestler first and foremost, he did have some just powerful hammerfists. I always had the feeling he didn't like to hurt people, therefore his striking was not heavy on technique.

Should of won that series of TUF, he would of easily beaten Bisping in the finale. Solid fighter though, I always liked the guy and felt he doesn't get enough respect.

I've been re watching tuf 3 on fight pass and it got Me thinking about Matt 'The Hammer 'Hamill

What are peoples thoughts on him as a fighter and his skill level?

Notable wins:

Tim boetsch (tko)
Mark Munoz ( ko)
Jon Jones ( lol )
Keith Jardine ( decision)
Tito Ortiz ( decision)

Some decent wins there but he lost a fair few two.

How good was his wrestling?
On the show he was portrayed as very high level. Wiki says he was a 3 time ncaa division 3 champ. Is division 3 a lot lower level than 2 and 1? How do his credentials stack up?

The man is clearly an inspirational guy and what he was able to achieve dispite his disability is impressive.

Thoughts?
He would have been a lot better if he just listened to his corner man.

Dunno, obviously better than Jon Jones though.

Wasn't that bad... Had some decent wins ( Jones ). Just needed some all around MMA work.

Hamill's weakness was being deaf. Deafness itself wasn't a weakness, but it produces the side effect of a soft head. He couldn't take a shot. Tito explains.;)

For all of the embarrassing statements that Tito has been lampooned for, I'm surprised that this one flew under the radar after it happened.

Back