How do you feel about the Korean dog meat market/trade

WjjWMu8.gif

Yea I know, its one of those things when you say don't click that a certain number of people will be compelled to click it. At least I spoilered it and put a warning up. Its an ugly thing and I don't even like thinking about it.

I have internal conflict right now. I went vegetarian for awhile but later found out that I have psoriatic arthritis and can't eat too many legumes or dairy during a flare up, making it difficult to get enough protein outside of meat sources. What bothers me most is the needless suffering that the animals are put through. I don't have the same qualms with a quick painless death. If I could get away with it and not face repercussions, I wouldn't have a problem with torturing and murdering someone who put an animal through such needless pain.

I can't understand why you would be angry at your friend for showing this to you. The people who are committing these acts are the ones who deserve your contempt.

I was angry at my friend because he didn't warn me and give me the option to view it or not, but yea, the entire process upsets me. I understand we kill animals and eat them but cruelty is something I can't stomach and it is exceptionally cruel.

Alright I picked out a few of you for your own good. If you want to know what they are doing to these dogs, and cats for that matter, then click the spoiler. It isn't a video, because that's too harsh for your minds but even a verbal description is bad. I would say if you are upset easily don't click the spoiler, it will only ruin your day. Don't click it, just don't do it. Its too late for me, I can only warn others.

They take a dog catcher, looks like this.

th

Basically a stick with a loop on the end. Then they put it around the dogs neck, they do it to cats as well, and lift the dog into the air by his neck. Now keep in mind, the animal is very much alive and healthy and aware, not sedated. Then on the other side of the room that have a big boiling cauldron. Looks kinda like this.

th

Then they dip the live dog into the boiling water. Not long enough to kill him, they aren't trying to kill him yet, they just want to boil him a little bit. When this part of the agonizing procedure is done they have succeeded in loosening the dog's skin just enough that they can grab its skin and pull it all off in one big piece like a sock. Literally, they just de-skin the animal in one big yank. The horrifying part, if what I have told you is not already horrifying enough, is that the dog is still alive. He's been boiled, and had all his skin ripped off, and now he's standing there looking at you. Then the butchering phase starts and I won't even continue.

I've seen it done on video, against my wishes, and it scarred my mind for life. I'll take that to my grave. I had a friend that said check this out and I didn't know what it was. He almost got a legit ass beating that day and if we were'nt such good friends he would have, or I would have, but someone is getting an ass beating when that video is pulled out. So if you think its alright to eat dogs, fine, but I thought you should at least know one of the preferred methods.
LOL
Do you actually believe that shit or are you just hoping we do? There’s something seriously fucked up with a person that makes that shit up and then uses it to trick people into agreeing with their opinion.

Good point. I love bacon but feel very conflicted about it. What if salmon were really intelligent? Would the same argument apply?

They say Octopus are unbelievably smart and some cultures eat them as well. Check this out.

Octopuses are so smart they get bored. Aquarium staff have learned to be wary of a bored octopus because they've been known to break the monotony by eating their own arms. That tends to scare the kids.

LOL
Do you actually believe that shit or are you just hoping we do? There’s something seriously fucked up with a person that makes that shit up and then uses it to trick people into agreeing with their opinion.

I've seen video of it done bud.

I've seen video of it done bud.
Doesn’t mean its the normal way, its not. Torturing an animal and eating an animal are two different things unless you’re a raging anti.

As far as this thread goes, anyone who kills and eats a dog should he shot on site.

So if you eat beef and people from india felt you should be shot on site...

I didnt like the taste of wolf so id imagine dog wouldnt taste any different. But if another culture eats them im not miffed about it.

Doesn’t mean its the normal way, its not. Torturing an animal and eating an animal are two different things unless you’re a raging anti.

Yea, you aren't going to win this one with me. I'm not going to post videos just to prove it to you because it would take an asshole to post that on a Sherdog forum but you don't know wtf you are talking about.

So if you eat beef and people from india felt you should be shot on site...

I didnt like the taste of wolf so id imagine dog wouldnt taste any different. But if another culture eats them im not miffed about it.

Wolves are not dogs, just saying. Don't eat either one.

Yea, you aren't going to win this one with me. I'm not going to post videos just to prove it to you because it would take an asshole to post that on a Sherdog forum but you don't know wtf you are talking about.
Do you have a reading problem? I didn’t say it never happened. I said its not how dogs, or any animal, is butchered by normal people. And it absolutely isn’t.

Do you have a reading problem? I didn’t say it never happened. I said its not how dogs, or any animal, is butchered by normal people. And it absolutely isn’t.

I think you have the problem wanting to argue and downplay. Here are some minimal links for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-cooked-China-s-annual-dog-meat-festival.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17467...-boiled-alive-by-three-men-at-chinese-market/

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100522142949AAVsFV7

Here come all the 300 pound sherdoggers who just got finished with their double bacon cheeseburger and yet have the audicity to tell Koreans what to eat. Be a vegan and eat no animal products or continue your meat eating ways and don't discriminate. Be consistent with your diet. Don't give me that whole "but but dogs are smart and help us". Life is life. Plenty of retards have low iqs and yet we don't kill them. We should be asking "do they suffer?" rather than "are they smart?"

Here come all the 300 pound sherdoggers who just got finished with their double bacon cheeseburger and yet have the audicity to tell Koreans what to eat. Be a vegan and eat no animal products or continue your meat eating ways and don't discriminate. Be consistent with your diet. Don't give me that whole "but but dogs are smart and help us". Life is life. Plenty of retards have low iqs and yet we don't kill them. We should be asking "do they suffer?" rather than "are they smart?"

Refer to post #64. The issue is not killing a dog. Its the method.

Refer to post #64. The issue is not killing a dog. Its the method.
I never liked this argument. At the end of the day you're killing it. Most meat in America comes from tortured animals. If you don't believe me do some research into factory farming. How do you think this country can produce so much meat? Animals willingly queue up?

I never liked this argument. At the end of the day you're killing it. Most meat in America comes from tortured animals. If you don't believe me do some research into factory farming. How do you think this country can produce so much meat? Animals willingly queue up?

You can't characterize cruelty as an "at the end of the day dead is dead" argument. What happens to these animals is inexcusable and disgusting.

You can't characterize cruelty as an "at the end of the day dead is dead" argument. What happens to these animals is inexcusable and disgusting.
Yes it is disgusting. And yet plenty of ignorant Americans continue to eat meat that is tortured equally if not worse than the countries they look down on. I have much more respect for a meat eater that eats anything than your typical spoiled American that is clueless about the factory farming holocaust

Back