Opinion Do you believe Pitbulls are genetically the most dangerous dog?

Do you believe Pitbulls are genetically the most dangerous dog?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Inspired by this thread.

I know people are going to say smaller dogs tend to bite more, that maybe true, but their bites are nothing close to what damage a Pitbull can do.

So therefore I believe Pitbulls and their types are the most dangerous dogs that's out there. They have enough bite force to inflict enough damage that can maim or kill grown adults.

I know some or most would say it's the owner fault Pitbulls are acting in this behaviour. But these same owners buy other types of breed of dogs, but you don't see as much carnage you see Pitbulls inflict on it's community.

I think they are naturally very aggressive and considering their size and strength it's a very dangerous lethal combination.

If you are willing to buy these type of animals, be certain of the consequences or worst case scenarios of owning these type of dogs.

That's just my thoughts on it.

Inspired by this thread.

I know people are going to say smaller dogs tend to bite more, that maybe true, but their bites are nothing close to what damage a Pitbull can do.

So therefore I believe Pitbulls and their types are the most dangerous dogs that's out there. They have enough bite force to inflict enough damage that can maim or kill grown adults.

I know some or most would say it's the owner fault Pitbulls are acting in this behaviour. But these same owners buy other types of breed of dogs, but you don't see as much carnage you see Pitbulls inflict on it's community.

I think they are naturally very aggressive and considering their size and strength it's a very dangerous lethal combination.

If you are willing to buy these type of animals, be certain of the consequences or worst case scenarios of owning these type of dogs.

That's just my thoughts on it.
Yes, they are too aggressive

Seems like they mostly dine on the flesh and blood of babies and newborns, so less of a concern from here. Let them run free I say!

A non-mixed APBT is not a large dog. Definitely the most dangerous for its size though.

Deport the dogs to the island of snakes may the winner rule the island .

I think they are cheap and many people can get one. Other dogs might be more dangerous but more expensive so we see less of them.

I am pretty sure you can find pitbulls at the pound.

Last edited:
I don't know about genetically. I just think that given all factors involved, and of course we can't account for all of them but--- given all factors, they're the worst, yes. That's not just genetics though. Like how expensive are they compared to other dogs, how readily available they are, perceived status associated with it (tough guy mentality), etc

I don't know about genetically. I just think that given all factors involved, and of course we can't account for all of them but--- given all factors, they're the worst, yes. That's not just genetics though. Like how expensive are they compared to other dogs, how readily available they are, perceived status associated with it (tough guy mentality), etc
Bingo.

There are many more conditions/factors outside of their genetics that explain their disproportionate attack rates.

Among the genetic factors are:

1) They are terriers which give them their high prey drive and tenacity

2)They are inbred beyond belief.

No. A very large share of dogs in the US aren't the breed they are identified as they are the breed they look the most similar to. A lot of dogs look "pitbully" that probably aren't actually pitbulls. Also do you think the average person on the street knows all the different breeds of dog? No, they know the golden retreiver,lab, pitbull and whatever breed they happened to own as a kid. Only "dog people"(the people least likely to report an attack) know all the specific breeds.

Sherdog taught me this is the most underrated culture war issue. Like pitbull owners and haters straight up willing to go to war and no one talks about it.

There are numerous contenders well ahead of the Pit Bull. You hear about Pit Bulls more because they are more readily available and usually have trashy or incompetent owners. The Presa Canario is one.

This shouldn't be a question. Pits statistically are the only domestic dog that mauls and actually kills people. Yes other dogs may have higher stats in biting people but they don't kill the person they bite .

There are worse breeds, but it is a dangerous one that cannot be handled by incompetent morons.
And incompetent morons who should not be allowed to care for plastic toy dogs are drawn to pits like flies to dung.

There are worse breeds, but it is a dangerous one that cannot be handled by incompetent morons.
And incompetent morons who should not be allowed to care for plastic toy dogs are drawn to pits like flies to dung.

There are families that took great care of their pits since they were pups and even then occasionally pits would snap and kill the people that raised them.

Of course the odds are much much higher that pitbulls will never attackor even bit anyone, but the fact that they can kill because of their size and strength makes them the most dangerous.

I'm not sure. For a while in the 80s these stories seemed to all involve rottweilers and German shepherds because they were the fad breeds of the time for trash people who had no business owning dogs that size and strength. It then shifted to pitbulls which have the same problem and have become much more widespread.

Lately I've been seeing this breed all over social media and I expect more stories involving them to start popping up soon as more idiots buy them without having a clue how to train/handle them.

Brutal dog attack in Nebraska leaves 4-year-old girl severely injured, scalp nearly ripped off

CMPD charges owner of dogs that attacked women in University City

Cane Corso Mauls Owner's Baby As Police Issue 'Innate Instinct' Warning

ANOTHER DOG ATTACK: Mastiff seriously injures 53-year-old man

Pitbulls are made to fight and are dangerous. No matter how many anecdotes, gaslights, or manipulated statistics you throw to try to make these dogs seem like they are for babysitting or nanny, you cannot deny the reality that this breed is built to fight and inflict harm.

This shouldn't be a question. Pits statistically are the only domestic dog that mauls and actually kills people. Yes other dogs may have higher stats in biting people but they don't kill the person they bite .

Can you source that pit bulls are the only domestic dogs that kill people? Every source I have found contradicts your claims. Pits are overwhelmingly the source of deaths but they are not the only ones.

Pitbulls lead in attacks and deaths. That's shouldn't be hard to believe because they are probably the cheapest powerful breed anyone can get their hands on. They were also trained to fight in the past.

Aggressive bloodlines that many people may not know that their dogs came from.

Back