How could Usman age so much as a fighter in one fight and have nothing left in the tank vs Chimaev?

Usman took the fight on a week's notice or did you forget that? Even Khamzat thought Usman took it just to make money which is probably accurate.
And he flew halfway around the world. Jet lag + very short notice is a very bad recipe for cardio. Khamzat was gassed as well and had no excuse, including the weight cut since it was 185.

Will Khamzat go down as the next Khabib? What do you think? Who can outwrestle him?
I doubt it. I can't imagine Khabib avoiding the ground with Burns. He was willing to go to the ground with anyone

I think so. He tossed around MW Jack Hermanson, who is himself a wrestler, like a sack of shit, in a wrestling match and won that round like 8-0 under hypothetical freestyle rules. Interestingly Chimaev didn t do shit in R2, lol. Likely gassed himself in R1 like he always does.

R1 Chimaev' wrestling is above pretty much everything we see in UFC.

lmao at comparing jack hermanson to george saint-pierre

prime gsp was much more explosive and talented than anyone khamzat ever faced

He took a short notice fight a weight class up against a guy in his prime.

Khamzat went hard the first round and was all over Usman but as the fight went on he was fading and Usman was taking over.

It was a close fight and in a five rounder I think Usman takes it if it gets out the first.

Wtf, people were ultra disappointed with Khamzat after that fight, and Usman would have taken that fight in a 5 rounder

lmao at comparing jack hermanson to george saint-pierre

prime gsp was much more explosive and talented than anyone khamzat ever faced
You are trying to be smug but you are omitting the size difference between GSP and Hermanson. GSP only fought once at MW and was tiny for the weight class. He beat Bisping via striking.

Usman had one job and that was to lose to Khamzat.

Company man.

Obviously didn't try to win.

I can't see how anyone thinks Usman won that fight. He had a few moments.
Did more damage in his few moments than Khamzat did just laying on him or wrestling him. I thought Khamzat probably won, but if Usman got a split decision or a draw I wouldn't have been surprised when I first watched it, I don't remember Khamzat doing any damage past the first round

You are trying to be smug but you are omitting the size difference between GSP and Hermanson. GSP only fought once at MW and was tiny for the weight class. He beat Bisping via striking.

gsp took bisping down multiple times in that fight, coming from a four year lay-off
jack couldn't wrestlefuck chris fucking curtis

there is no comparison here

You are acting like he went from perfect to a bum. It isn't like he went from a 10/10 to a 2/10. He probably went from a 10/10 to an 8/10. But when the two guys you fought are 9/10 you are going to lose.

Father time is undefeated and Kamaru is getting up there. He's 36 and the two guys he fought were a lot younger, with less mileage.

Back