How could Usman age so much as a fighter in one fight and have nothing left in the tank vs Chimaev?

It should have been scored a draw, funny enough 2 judges gave usman the second round and 2 gave him the third, but it was different judges. Khamzat looked lost after the first round

It should have been scored a draw, funny enough 2 judges gave usman the second round and 2 gave him the third, but it was different judges. Khamzat looked lost after the first round
Khamzat broke his own wrist

10 days notice, weight class up, fought the guy that is supposed to be running through everyone at 170 and 185, and a lot of people are saying he won or that it was a draw

10 days notice, weight class up, fought the guy that is supposed to be running through everyone at 170 and 185, and a lot of people are saying he won or that it was a draw

I can't see how anyone thinks Usman won that fight. He had a few moments.

Woodley is nowhere near as good at wrestling and was also 37 when Usman fought him, going on to lose 4 straight and then retire. They arent comparable.
Pretty sure all american is tougher field than swedish nationals.

Khamzat spent a year preparing for MW (adding muscle mass) where he’s competed prior and had an entire camp for a fight. Usman had 1 week to prepare for his first MW fight. Truth be told Usman made that fight far closer and more ugly than I thought it would be. I expected both him and Volk to get embarrassed on short notice.

If this was a full camp and at 170lb Khamzat would have struggled with grappling, gassed snd got jabbed up. I’m sure he’s past his prime but I’m not sure the Khamzat fight is the best example. If he had fully committed to MW like Khamzat for a year, had a full camp (he hadn’t wrestled much prior to the fight) or 5 rounds that hair he lost by / near draw could have swayed things favor.

Imo it’s the opposite - he showed against chimaev that he hasn’t completely dropped off, he is still a top fighter. He lost a razor close decision in a division he’s never fought in, at short notice against a natural MW

Last edited:
Did you not watch his rematch with Leon? He looked chinny AF and was a complete shell of himself. Don't let the majority decision fool you; the fight was not close. We've seen time and time again that a KO loss late in the career can completely change a fighter and Usman already had a lot of mileage/injuries to begin with.

LOL @ thinking this fight made Khamzat look good. Absolutely no rational person still thinks he is some world beater. There is a reason this "title eliminator" stipulation got completely buried immediately after the fight

Short notice fight. If anything Khamzat looked really bad.

Did you not watch his rematch with Leon? He looked chinny AF and was a complete shell of himself. Don't let the majority decision fool you; the fight was not close. We've seen time and time again that a KO loss late in the career can completely change a fighter and Usman already had a lot of mileage/injuries to begin with.

LOL @ thinking this fight made Khamzat look good. Absolutely no rational person still thinks he is some world beater. There is a reason this "title eliminator" stipulation got completely buried immediately after the fight
Define "world beater" because really, it's unproven whether or not he is. You can't really say he isn't because he's literally never lost, even while his level of comp has risen.....

Do you think prime GSP would've been ragdolled in 1st round?
I think so. He tossed around MW Jack Hermanson, who is himself a wrestler, like a sack of shit, in a wrestling match and won that round like 8-0 under hypothetical freestyle rules. Interestingly Chimaev didn t do shit in R2, lol. Likely gassed himself in R1 like he always does.

R1 Chimaev' wrestling is above pretty much everything we see in UFC.

Took a fight on 10 days notice in a higher weight class against a guy who pushes the first round pace harder than anyone in the division

His knees are shot. This is well documented. He has progressively been less reliant on his wrestling which is his strength, in turn using his mediocre boxing to get through.

This is the norm in combat, long running dominant fighter That falls off hard, it happens all the time

Back