How come Silva, GSP, Fedor, Jones etc proved they were GOATS and now we call Conor a GOAT so early??

I'm not putting Conor in the GOAT convo just yet, but I will say he has an incridible base for it & lots of potential moving forward.

Being champ of 2 divisions gives him extra points that the current big 5 GOATs can't boast. If he comes back & takes a 3rd... that would be mega bonus points... & he wouldn't need the volume of wins the current big 5 have in order to be in the discussion. Especially after he crossez over & KO's floyd in a couple of weeks.

First man to hold two belts at once, LEGEND.

Yeah he held on to two belts for like a second before Dana White was like, ok stop fucking around and again, never defended

We never did this with Fedor and the rest, we waited long enough for them to achieve goat status first. Imagine if we went fucking nuts about Jones when he was still starting his UFC career?

Shouldn't we at least wait to see how Conor stacks up at the end of his career???

Why are we so in on Conor, a man who's never defended a belt?

I would get it if he had already defended like 5 times by now but ....

I just don't get it

I can't even properly say what I'm trying to say right now
No one who has actually followed the sport for 10 + years considers Conor one of the GOAT.

Anyone who says he is should not be taken seriously as a fan of the sport. Makes them an instant casual.

Edit: Not a hater by any means, he just hasn't proven himself enough yet to be put up with the likes of GSP or Anderson.

How can we call Conor the GOAT when he's 1-1 against Nate Diaz?

Look at it as a way to weed out the dipshits. Whenever you see someone calling Mcgregor the GOAT you can safely put them on your ignore list because they clearly have no fucking clue and you are missing nothing by ignoring them.

We never did this with Fedor and the rest, we waited long enough for them to achieve goat status first. Imagine if we went fucking nuts about Jones when he was still starting his UFC career?

Shouldn't we at least wait to see how Conor stacks up at the end of his career???

I just don't get it

Anderson, GSP and them made all the right plays by staying on top and making safe top tier MMA money, but Conor's approach to the fight game gets the high ranked wins while simultaneously taking big money fights. Fighters like Silva took fights like Silva vs Cote and Silva vs Leites when Silva could have easily went up and fought the LHW Champ before Jones moved in, and later went on to fight Roy Jones Jr. in boxing. Win, lose, or draw Silva would have looked Invincible. So it's on them if Conor looks like the bigger GOAT for failing to take the risks Conor has.

First you need to stop the "We" business Clippy. Me don't consider him GOAT more like DUCK in avoiding a title defense. He's done good things as in far as building up the UFC casual fan base and raising it's profile but for the actual art of fighting and showing true greatness he's done squat.

Your right a fighter nobody has heard of like John Jones is the greatest right?

10 times as many people worldwide know who Conor Mcgregor is. You seem to seriously lack comprehension skills so your in no position to call anyone a retard.
So Conor is the GOAT because he is a famous fighter? Retard.

I agree, TS. He's a great fighter and an even better promoter. He may end up being the best fighter to ever live, but honestly, I don't think he will, because I don't think he'll ever come back to MMA. That said, he's not the GOAT, nor is he even close.

The Irish accent gives the fuccbois a boner.

Your right a fighter nobody has heard of like John Jones is the greatest right?

10 times as many people worldwide know who Conor Mcgregor is. You seem to seriously lack comprehension skills so your in no position to call anyone a retard.

<SelenaWow> This ^^^ from a 2001 account? So to be GOAT for you, you only need to have a mad amount of twitter followers. You must have won that account when they still were doing account bets.

No great fighter has a loss to Nate Diaz and that's just a fact.

th

I just don't get it

The problem is that you use the word "we" when you shouldn't.

Yeah he held on to two belts for like a second before Dana White was like, ok stop fucking around and again, never defended

KO'd the 145lb GOAT in 13 seconds... very impressive!

First man given the chance.

First man to earn the chance, to be more accurate. Who else was clamouring for it who didn't get it?

Winning two belts in gifted matches, and then running away to never defend is not conquering MMA ....

Gifted? He starched arguably the greatest Featherweight of all time after destroying Holloway, Poirier, Mendes, and a bunch of other guys. How is that gifted. He then fought Alvarez as a champion moving up a weight class. Was Alvarez a weak champ? Sure but he's a damn good fighter and he embarrassed him badly

Winning two belts in gifted matches, and then running away to never defend is not conquering MMA ....
I am in agreement that Connor is no where near goat and I hate him not defending the belt but Aldo was not a gifted match.

Back