Here’s why Mark Goddard booted Conor McGregor at UFC Gdansk

Great reffing, many refs would've done nothing, especially the unexperienced ones on that particular card.
Glad he was there.

He didn't mention that you also need to be sanctioned to stay in the corner of a fighter, which Conor wasn't.

Not a fucking chance is Goddard better than Big John. lol

Goddard makes a ton of early stoppages and he is WAAAAAY too influenced by the crowd. A professional referee is going to tune out the crowd.
You're saying Goddard isn't professional then?

You know the UFC is a shit show when a ref basically has to explain his actions against someone that did something that if any other fighter did would've most likely been ejected from the building/fined and maybe even suspended. I miss the Fertitas I'm pretty sure they were the ones who kept that little Irish prick in line, he's been running wild since WME took over.

You're saying Goddard isn't professional then?

Not when he makes decisions based on what the crowd wants when it's not the same timing for similar situations with the other referees....then no.

He's not a terrible ref. I'd say he's above average for sure but he doesn't touch Big John. None of the early stop referees are as good as John.

All it helped do was give lobov a rest when Fili was GNP him . Connor helped lobov by giving him an extra 30 sec break cause Marc Goddard stopped it. Don't buy the idea that Connor was about to coach him thru a fight ending sequence if anything he was prob just a lil intoxicated and pumped seeing his friend fight and wanted to root him on... Goddard making s big deal about this is kinda pathetic

No, it really isn't. People can't just walk from the floor seats to ringside and begin yelling shit to or at the fighters. It's simply that no one other than egomaniacal Conor WOULD ever do that.

You know the UFC is a shit show when a ref basically has to explain his actions against someone that did something that if any other fighter did would've most likely been ejected from the building/fined and maybe even suspended. I miss the Fertitas I'm pretty sure they were the ones who kept that little Irish prick in line, he's been running wild since WME took over.

Exactly. If some fan walked down from their seat to the field at an NFL game and began yelling encouragement to the players, they'd be stopped in the first place or, at least, ejected after the fact. Yet somehow, anything in MMA has to be explained to the dullard fan base because they don't comprehend anything that's going on (not to imply that MMA fans are any less moronic than football fans - simply much less knowledgeable of the rules).

Goddard > Herzog > Rosenthal pre-Weidman/Munoz stoppage >>>>> Big John >>>>>>>>>>> everyone else

Not when he makes decisions based on what the crowd wants when it's not the same timing for similar situations with the other referees....then no.

He's not a terrible ref. I'd say he's above average for sure but he doesn't touch Big John. None of the early stop referees are as good as John.

Goddard watches the action close. He always knows what's going on and isn't influenced by the crowd. Alot of his stoppages are good also, he knows when a fighter is done and truly hurt, and is going to take more punishment without a good chance of winning. Only bad stoppage I can think of with Goddard off the top of my head is Perry vs Roberts. Not saying big John isn't good either, but I'd say at the least they're on par.

Exactly. If some fan walked down from their seat to the field at an NFL game and began yelling encouragement to the players, they'd be stopped in the first place or, at least, ejected after the fact. Yet somehow, anything in MMA has to be explained to the dullard fan base because they don't comprehend anything that's going on (not to imply that MMA fans are any less moronic than football fans - simply much less knowledgeable of the rules).

I'd say Conor fans. Only a Conor fan is dumb enough to think he can literally walk up to the side of the cage start screaming and stomping around and be a 4th corner man even though the rules state otherwise. Conor fans would defend him for anything tho, he could've hopped in the cage and started fighting Fili for his boy and they would've defended his actions. Lol

Goddard is lucky he didn't jump over the cage and KO both him and Fili for this outburst. What a great man.

I'd say Conor fans. Only a Conor fan is dumb enough to think he can literally walk up to the side of the cage start screaming and stomping around and be a 4th corner man even though the rules state otherwise. Conor fans would defend him for anything tho, he could've hopped in the cage and started fighting Fili for his boy and they would've defended his actions. Lol

Agree with that. Conor has the sort of worshipping beta-male fans who proclaim him to be a great man who needs six months off (as the champion) because he had a baby, as though half of the UFC roster doesn't have multiple children.

Goddard watches the action close. He always knows what's going on and isn't influenced by the crowd. Alot of his stoppages are good also, he knows when a fighter is done and truly hurt, and is going to take more punishment without a good chance of winning. Only bad stoppage I can think of with Goddard off the top of my head is Perry vs Roberts. Not saying big John isn't good either, but I'd say at the least they're on par.

He has countless early stops on his resume. He is nowhere on par with Big John.

Maybe you should lay off the Kool Aid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back