Here’s why Mark Goddard booted Conor McGregor at UFC Gdansk

Stupid. Herb would have let conor do his thing. This is his show.

I think Hardy mentioned that it might have been the case.

Goddard is the best Ref, people want to say Big John, but he's too much ego, Goddard have no problems owning up and admitting his mistakes, even though he makes less of them than Big John. Proper pro, and he's a former fighter himself.
I used to like Goddard, but I think he's made some stinky calls lately. He didn't own up to jackshit after the Glover fight either. He defended his actions cuz rules and he's strict, but then two weeks later in the same situation he does a complete 180 and forces Hunt to take time to recover.

I think Hardy mentioned that it might have been the case.

Goddard is the best Ref, people want to say Big John, but he's too much ego, Goddard have no problems owning up and admitting his mistakes, even though he makes less of them than Big John. Proper pro, and he's a former fighter himself.

Not a fucking chance is Goddard better than Big John. lol

Goddard makes a ton of early stoppages and he is WAAAAAY too influenced by the crowd. A professional referee is going to tune out the crowd.

It was funny how much Conor simply showing up disrupted the entire arena

You didnt see KSW did you? Norman Parke vs Mateusz Gamrot was a shit show. Gamrot landed a low blow and 2 seemingly intentional eye pokes and Goddard rules it a no contest. Horrible reffing
Holy shit, really? I heard the result and what happened but I didn't know it was Goddard as the ref!

ffs this is silly.....but God forbid you take away points for eye pokes. Very brave!

Calm down. No one is saying he doesn't make mistakes, but in THIS CASE he was on point...and more often then not, he's solid.

All it helped do was give lobov a rest when Fili was GNP him . Connor helped lobov by giving him an extra 30 sec break cause Marc Goddard stopped it. Don't buy the idea that Connor was about to coach him thru a fight ending sequence if anything he was prob just a lil intoxicated and pumped seeing his friend fight and wanted to root him on... Goddard making s big deal about this is kinda pathetic
Pathetic because he's not letting Conor do as he pleases, as thought rules do not apply to him? Realistically, there's not a thing Conor could have said to change the result, but rules are the rules.

I think it’s funny that you think it was funny.

I think it's funny that you think it's funny that I thought it was funny AAAHHHHHHH

head-explosion-gif-6.gif

Goddard called this one in key...but don't rate him high yet...people just praise him because its Conor

Conor had to get close enought to sprinkle some lucky charms on Artem, Goddard knew better....

Back