** HELP a fighter. Thank you sherdog, second time we REACH GOAL ***

Aleksandar Stojkovic

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
UPDATE : 23.09.2016

So my friends... Its hard to write something new on this post and request anything but i will try to be short and explain. As you see in this thread last year was terrible for me, for all of us who fought this battle with me against dangerous opponent. I was diagnosed Glaucoma and lost alot of vision, at that moment i wasnt able to pay surgeries and decided to make thread and try, with good people we reach goal first time and raised 2000 $ for surgeries. I cant lie, after everything was done, surgeries, stimulation and other things but still every morning when i wake up i was afraid for my eyes. Doctors told me i can continue my life to live normaly but just to stop with professional fighting, or fighting at all. I was working as a coach in my country, but before few months i was hired in Kuwait as a Kickboxing coach. 2 months later i got accidently punch in my face and got problems wih eyes again. I requested to go in hospital but my owner did not allow me. After punch few hours later my vision started to lose, and everything became black. So my doctors here from Russia and my country told me to go home as soon as possible because their doctors doesnt know my real situation. To be honest that is the thing i only wanted to do, take my things and leave Kuwait. I have earned 1500$ for 2 months , and last week i was in Greece to visit some friends and they borrowed me 500$ for this case. In order to save my vision , and not play with fire, ever again in my life i need 3000 $ more for stimulations, injections in eyes, electricity , laser and some other therapy. My doctor is now in USA until end of October , but if im able to bring money earlier its even better for it.
I was thinking also is this smart to post again, to ask for help but understand me i have no other choises. My time is running, to people who donated last time dont get angry on me because my life is ruined again with health while i was teaching other kids martial arts. I was doing what i love to do, but i think its time to stop with all this.
I tried to explain my situation, and nicely ask for help.

So my friend made Gofundme like last time for Donations because i am not able from my country.

Link to Donate :

I wil try to be positive, i will search for light at the end of tunel.
Aleksandar.

------------------------------------------------------------

Link to donate:

Some people know me, some dont. I will try to be short. Before 2 weeks i noticed something strange is happening with my right eye. Went to doctor and they sent me in hospital. They said i have Glaucoma ( hope its right word ) and on that eye is at this moment destroyed. Optic nerve or whatever it is is almost dead and cant be repaired. I have high pressure in eyes, normal is to 20 and i have 50 or more. Left eye is in danger also , i see ( obviously i write you and asking for help ) and today doctors said i must go to surgery urgently ,both eyes to try and save atleast something. Unfortunately i dont have money to pay surgery for this and im trying every single way to rise money and help my parents and myself. I will sell everything i have to make it possible because i am out of time, as doctors said its very serious and i might stay blind. I am asking whoever can to help me, i am fighting serious battle now in life and feeling is terrible. I am afraid of everything and results. Until 21th of September i have to rise it , if not surgery wont happend ever. Surgery for one eye is 2500 euros, so in total i need to 5000. Good thing ( maybe ) is that i cant have surgery on both eyes in same time, so for now i need 2500 to rise.

I am very thankful for whoever help.
Now when it comes for health i am really sorry how much money i spent in sport but i couldnt know what life is going to bring me after brain stroke i survived and open heart surgery.

( this is video of surgery that has to be done to help high pressure go down and water from eye )
3D

This is not a joke, if somebody think i have less money and more time to waste on some forum i might post doctor results with date

Aleksandar

osu !

Link to donate:

Last edited:
I dont know much about internet and things how it is going. Before when i had brain stroke and open heart surgery i tried something with Indiegogo i think ( friend suggested me) and it didnt work out, it was waste of time. I understand what you are speaking of now. Honestly the only was as few people from forum helped me was Western Union, its only way to recieve money in Serbia for me since we dont have PayPal and nor i have other bank account. If you guys can let mods know about this thread it would be also helpful. I really didnt know where to post this and ask for help, because im Kickboxer i did it here.

So you are a professional fighter who is blind and has had open heart surgery and a brain stroke, which you have also tried to campaign raising money for?

hey man, post it on reddit/r/mma to have a better exposure (and that other forum, the underground, UG)

good luck

Good suggestion, maybe /r/muaythai too if it's still kicking.

how are your eyes? getting better?

I just saw your post, sorry for not answering. Its getteing better for now, hopefully it will stay like this for now . Eye nerves are so damaged but with surgery stopped high pressure for now. Yesterday i went to check how its going and i got glasses, so it will be funny for me to wear it, but i would wear even double glasses just to see better.
Thank you for asking.

Sorry to hear,

what will happen after sep 21?

3 hours ago a sherdog poster donated $100, nice to see that.

I just saw your post, sorry for not answering. Its getteing better for now, hopefully it will stay like this for now . Eye nerves are so damaged but with surgery stopped high pressure for now. Yesterday i went to check how its going and i got glasses, so it will be funny for me to wear it, but i would wear even double glasses just to see better.
Thank you for asking.

I am glad you are feeling better. I hope things keep getting better for you.

Aleksandre pogledaj privatnu poruku.

Hope you make a full recovery bro. Stay strong.

Sorry to hear buddy, I'd send ya a bag of marijuana to help with that but I don't think it can make its way through the mail system.

I think you should post this to reddit as well. r/mma for example. Just create a new username if you dont have one already. Reddit is popular as hell and posts can really gain visibility.

I hope everything goes fine and you can go get surgery.

Thank you for support guys, really you are great with me from begining of this .

Like what everyone said. CK wishes you the best (you're on your own tho). :D

I'm gonna try and donate something when I get the chance. Good luck man and I hope everything works out.

Do you have an account established for your cause? Do you have a definite doctor/surgeon or specific clinic/hospital lined up? Perhaps some arrangements can be made as far as payments etc. Keep your head up, don't let your emotions cloud your logic, and leave no stone unturned. You'll get your eyes fixed one way or another...

You can't take a loan for a few thousand dollars from a local bank?

Also, you spoke with the hospital and they will not work out a payment plan? 2,500eur is not a huge hospital bill and that leaves you time to earn more money if you choose to wait to fix the other eye.

I would also recommend calling around to other hospitals but you probably already thought of that, right? Hard to imagine an eye surgeon turning away a patient that might go blind over a 2,500eur bill that can't be paid in a few days.

Hey, I actually work for a company that is involved in the crowdfunding space. Unfortunately our platform is USA only, but there are other platforms that are based in the EU. I have seen all sorts of people get funded for surgeries and other medical needs. I highly highly recommend looking into starting a crowd funding campaign and sharing it here and on all your social media accounts!

You got this dude! Keep your chin up, I wish you the absolute best. Heres hoping to a speedy and full recovery!

Man that's awful to hear. Wish you the best of luck mate!

Do you have an account established for your cause? Do you have a definite doctor/surgeon or specific clinic/hospital lined up? Perhaps some arrangements can be made as far as payments etc. Keep your head up, don't let your emotions cloud your logic, and leave no stone unturned. You'll get your eyes fixed one way or another...
Mike i didnt understand well first question do i have account established for my cause. my english is not that good so i dunno what did you mean.

11998631_10208191914021982_1740578990_n.jpg

Red lines are important ( my name, glaucoma , date of doctor checks (yesterday) and what kind of surgery it has to be done, in right corner. Ahmedova vavlua, is same as name of video i posted. ( that video from youtube is from their clinic) Only in their clinic do that surgery in our country.

Blue lines > therapy i must do to low if possibe high pressure in eyes.

View field > Right eye. 2-3 dots on right eye is how much i see now, black is damaged and in danger.

11998423_10208191905621772_1107526149_n.jpg

View field > left eye. As you can see it is very dangerous on left eye also, i see like 30-40% and thats why surgery has to be done as soon as possible i have money.

11995420_10208191905421767_2072573081_n.jpg

@jag88 hey mate thank you, what are chances to do it and try collect something atleast ? Anything will help alot.

@Kanka its my time to go back to doctor and say if i want surgery and have money to pay it. Doctor is comming then and who knows when again after that, he might not be in country, thats problem and i dont have much time for it.

Also, you spoke with the hospital and they will not work out a payment plan? 2,500eur is not a huge hospital bill and that leaves you time to earn more money if you choose to wait to fix the other eye.

I would also recommend calling around to other hospitals but you probably already thought of that, right? Hard to imagine an eye surgeon turning away a patient that might go blind over a 2,500eur bill that can't be paid in a few days.

This is... Serbia. :rolleyes:

@alek it all depends on the site and how much traffic they get and how much self promotion you do on social media, but I have seen campaigns generate 10's of thousands of dollars for medical needs. Do a google search for "crowd funding" and see what you can find that has a lot of traffic and supports EU accounts. Good luck!

is there another way to donate besides gofundme

For people with no facebook?

I was trying to say what jag88 is speaking of... If you can get something set up, some of us will try to help, also, we will let the mods know so they can sticky a thread in the heavyweight forum.

I hope you can raise enough money and most of all I hope the surgery is a success.

I was trying to say what jag88 is speaking of... If you can get something set up, some of us will try to help, also, we will let the mods know so they can sticky a thread in the heavyweight forum.

I dont know much about internet and things how it is going. Before when i had brain stroke and open heart surgery i tried something with Indiegogo i think ( friend suggested me) and it didnt work out, it was waste of time. I understand what you are speaking of now. Honestly the only was as few people from forum helped me was Western Union, its only way to recieve money in Serbia for me since we dont have PayPal and nor i have other bank account. If you guys can let mods know about this thread it would be also helpful. I really didnt know where to post this and ask for help, because im Kickboxer i did it here.

is there another way to donate besides gofundme

For people with no facebook?

You should be able to donate without using Facebook unless I'm missing something obvious.

You should be able to donate without using Facebook unless I'm missing something obvious.

You do not need Facebook to donate, just a valid credit card. You can 'share' the page on Facebook if you wish.

Nobody can trust a random stranger for money on the internetz buddy. Especially from Russia ;)

Nobody can trust a random stranger for money on the internetz buddy. Especially from Russia ;)

I dont know what you have that attitude, but nevermind. thank you anyway.

Thats your opinion and i cant agrue with you, i dont have much time and i gotta try everything. Hopefully somebody helps me out with this and make it easier to collect money, if not i will be for sure sorry and sad but i know i tried, same as in ring.

And i am from Serbia,not from Russia.

*edit good luck I hope you get your surgery. You're so young to have these issues. The date of 21st will you lose total sight by then? That should be a crime to let someone go blind if they don't have upfront $.

Thats your opinion and i cant agrue with you, i dont have much time and i gotta try everything. Hopefully somebody helps me out with this and make it easier to collect money, if not i will be for sure sorry and sad but i know i tried, same as in ring.

Ignore him. He is a troll. Usually harmless but now actually fucking with a person.
Wish sherdog mods actually visited this subforum sometimes.

Hi. No i cant. Im too young to take it because i dont have job, but thing is my parents already took it before few years to repair our house. 2500euro is for one surgery, for one eye , its a private clinic and doctors are not doing that surgery in public clinic. So thats clear. I called 10 different hospitals, and you gotta have ready money for surgery (2500) per one eye, because you cant have surgery on both eyes in same time.

For you people who say i ask for money, i was thinking to say put yourself in my skin, but i would never wish it. I have nothing to do but this, i must try everything to rise it.

Thanks to donators

Edit :
@Cooliox check page number 3, there is it.

Hey Alek, ignore CK, I am new and yet it's obvious he is a complete moron... He probably can't point out Russia or Serbia on a map, and trolls troll because otherwise no one would even know they exist. It is their last ditch effort to leave a "mark" on the world before they die, even if it's a mark only a few people will see and even fewer (more like none) give a shit about.

If you get a crowdfunding campaign set up post it here, I am sure we can help get you at least part of what you need.

Try this site and see if they will let you open an account based out of Serbia.

http://gogetfunding.com

Evo ga kralju nije puno, al je nesto. Pozdrav iz Splita.
Budi jak, nedaj se i javi kako je prošlo.

Hey Alek, ignore CK, I am new and yet it's obvious he is a complete moron... He probably can't point out Russia or Serbia on a map, and trolls troll because otherwise no one would even know they exist. It is their last ditch effort to leave a "mark" on the world before they die, even if it's a mark only a few people will see and even fewer (more like none) give a shit about.

If you get a crowdfunding campaign set up post it here, I am sure we can help get you at least part of what you need.

Try this site and see if they will let you open an account based out of Serbia.

http://gogetfunding.com

11998710_10208207186483784_473796073_n.jpg

i did everything and here is problem as i said, for my Western Union is only way to recieve help. Few people in SErbia and my town i know have it with credit card. I dont have it unfortunately as i said.

we are doing good 500$ so far... I hope he manages to collect the rest of the money required.

Back