Hearthstone thread?

I can't even put into words how much I hate playing Arena mode.

I've probably played about 2 dozen times, and only once was I able to pick a legendary.
I'm lucky if I see an epic pick and then I start and my opponents have 2 or 3 legends. Best I've done in arena is 9 wins. Usually I get 1 or 2 wins and then rage quit.

I wish they'd make more of the cards class specific so that there would be actual reasons to pick different hero's. Oh look it's mech-mage, now it's mech-rogue, no wait...mech-druid....blah.

I have yet to get a legendary in arena. I've done a couple dozen runs at least. Nothing like seeing your opponent drop boom on turn 7

Some interesting Hearthstone related news has been put out there today:

The Activision Blizzard insider, who could not be named due to the company’s policy on talking to the press, revealed significant details about the company’s current game pipeline.

The insider says Hearthstone numbers “are off the charts.” The next expansion is due to come out soon and will be more PvE focused. The team is also experimenting with a 2 vs. 2 version. Stunningly Hearthstone has more than tripled the last publicly released players number of more than 20 million.

Found at: http://firstadopter.tumblr.com/

There are also some comments on other Blizzard games, including Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. It should be noted that Blizzard obviously isn't confirming any of this so the potential 2v2 talk could be false, but it would bring a lot of excitement to the game. In other words: huge if true.

Last edited:
I have yet to get a legendary in arena. I've done a couple dozen runs at least. Nothing like seeing your opponent drop boom on turn 7

I actually got Dr. Boom in my last arena deck. I got to play him on turn 7 in my first game, then never saw him again the remainder of my run. Shit like that is almost more infuriating than not being able to draft a legendary at all.

Some interesting Hearthstone related news has been put out there today:

Found at: http://firstadopter.tumblr.com/

There are also some comments on other Blizzard games, including Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. It should be noted that Blizzard obviously isn't confirming any of this so the potential 2v2 talk could be false, but it would bring a lot of excitement to the game. In other words: huge if true.

2v2? I wonder how that would work.

glad to see big things (potentially) in the future for hearthstone. and yeah, i wonder how 2v2 would work.

I am a magic player and tried to get into this game. Maybe it is just my refusal to spend money on it and buy cards, but it lost me.

The matchmaking is much better since gvg. I have two accounts a main one I have bought packs for, have been playing since beta and have almost all the cards and a f2p account I haven't bought anything for at all.

The f2p account used to get rekt but after gvg I don't see even nearly the same level opponents as I do on my paid account. I have read that the matchmaking is based on the card pool you have as well as your mmr. So if you don't have a large stock of cards you won't run into mad legendaries. I have found this to be true.

Give the game another try winning in f2p is very doable. I do recommend getting Nax though.

The f2p account used to get rekt but after gvg I don't see even nearly the same level opponents as I do on my paid account. I have read that the matchmaking is based on the card pool you have as well as your mmr. So if you don't have a large stock of cards you won't run into mad legendaries. I have found this to be true.

huh, that's interesting. i only have one account so i had no idea that was happening.

huh, that's interesting. i only have one account so i had no idea that was happening.

I'd have to agree with what he's saying. I play on NA mainly where my collection is pretty strong and I constantly face full blown netdecks. Then I dick around on EU where I only have one legendary (a golden Illidan that I can't bring myself to disenchant), and I'm facing nothing but vanilla cardbacked opponents with mostly basic cards. There's exceptions to this for sure, but I do see big differences in the quality of decks I see from region to region.

Been playing paladin. Level 15 atm why do I have 2 of the same cards yet one is shinier? Its a level 2 mana card that heals for 6.

Been playing paladin. Level 15 atm why do I have 2 of the same cards yet one is shinier? Its a level 2 mana card that heals for 6.

when you level up your class past level 10 you get rewarded with gold cards. when you level your paladin to level 15 you get the first golden Holy Light card and you'll get the second one at level 20.

you can see a chart of the rewards for each class HERE. the rewards from level 15 on up are golden cards.

I just started but it seems like most of the guys I face all have those mecha cards. Idk if I'm just complaining but I can't beat them.

They got like divine shields and taunts on the same card. Or cards that deal 2 damage every turn. My broke ass cards don't do shit.

I just started but it seems like most of the guys I face all have those mecha cards. Idk if I'm just complaining but I can't beat them.

They got like divine shields and taunts on the same card. Or cards that deal 2 damage every turn. My broke ass cards don't do shit.

Play mage. You can do well with just the very basic cards with that class. Flamestrike, polymorph, fireball, frostbolt, water elemental are all so overpowered it almost doesn't matter what the rest of your deck is. And you have the best hero power in the game too.

I would have liked it better if there's a chat system. A little trashtalk here and there would make it more exciting:icon_conf

I really enjoyed the WoW TCG, and that's coming from a long time MTG player. And while I think I hearthstone is a fun game, it definitely lacks a lot of the finer points of other CCG's that I have played competitively like VS, Star Wars, LOTR's and of course magic. I can get a few games of hearthstone in and enjoy it but it doesn't do enough to keep my playing for huge chunks of time.

I would have liked it better if there's a chat system. A little trashtalk here and there would make it more exciting:icon_conf

I'm glad there isn't. I would have been banned already. I get really fuckin pissed as it is when someone emotes "sorry" after losing lol.

I really enjoyed the WoW TCG, and that's coming from a long time MTG player. And while I think I hearthstone is a fun game, it definitely lacks a lot of the finer points of other CCG's that I have played competitively like VS, Star Wars, LOTR's and of course magic. I can get a few games of hearthstone in and enjoy it but it doesn't do enough to keep my playing for huge chunks of time.

Someone is knowledgeable i see , star wars the tcg was very fun to play and create theme and deck around i have some fine memories of games where my opponent didn't see any way i could comeback and i would :p ,so was battle city/yu gi oh online before the release of the syncho style of play.

I'm an old hat at CCG's. My first games were spellfire and overpower before moving to magic and Star Wars then lotr's around the 2000's. I stopped playing magic around the tempest era, but upperdeck got me back in ccg's with VS and then WoW. I never got into the Japanese games at all.

Some folks might enjoy the more stream lined hearthstone compared to the WoW gsme, but it's just not for me.

Back