Hearthstone thread?

I'm an old hat at CCG's. My first games were spellfire and overpower before moving to magic and Star Wars then lotr's around the 2000's. I stopped playing magic around the tempest era, but upperdeck got me back in ccg's with VS and then WoW. I never got into the Japanese games at all.

Some folks might enjoy the more stream lined hearthstone compared to the WoW gsme, but it's just not for me.

Luck is a much bigger factor than it should be in hearthstone for sure. Usually whoever gets the first advantage wins, which is pretty annoying coming from a mtg background.

Luck is a much bigger factor than it should be in hearthstone for sure. Usually whoever gets the first advantage wins, which is pretty annoying coming from a mtg background.

I've noticed that. Which is a knock against hearthstone. A good deck in a good ccg is rarely random. With card draw, deck searching, a good curve and discard pile manipulation you have great control over the cards you get access to in a game and if the mechanics emphasis smart tactical thinking you can even outplay your opponent with a weaker hand.

I still play daily to get my gold, but I'm already looking forward to the next expansion so that I don't have to see so many mechs.

I'm an old hat at CCG's. My first games were spellfire and overpower before moving to magic and Star Wars then lotr's around the 2000's. I stopped playing magic around the tempest era, but upperdeck got me back in ccg's with VS and then WoW. I never got into the Japanese games at all.

Some folks might enjoy the more stream lined hearthstone compared to the WoW gsme, but it's just not for me.

To each his own but you missed a few decent card games with those around king of fighters series had decent play mechanics , the wow tcg rocked and i even got a fair bunch of loot card ( yeah i was a sucker for online play too ) this was when i still had old friends to play card games with ;)

Im up to about 15-0 for the last 2 daysin normal/ranked.....it makes me not want to play because im probbaly gonna be mad when i lose lol.

Im up to about 15-0 for the last 2 daysin normal/ranked.....it makes me not want to play because im probbaly gonna be mad when i lose lol.

that's awesome, i've never been on a winning streak like that in constructed. what kind of deck are you using?

that's awesome, i've never been on a winning streak like that in constructed. what kind of deck are you using?

Honestly just one I constructed using tons of weapons and all minion DMG on the warrior and the rogue is a mechish deck but still one I mainly constructed on my own

So I'm sure its mostly luck but still that streak is still going haha. At about 18 now

Honestly just one I constructed using tons of weapons and all minion DMG on the warrior and the rogue is a mechish deck but still one I mainly constructed on my own

So I'm sure its mostly luck but still that streak is still going haha. At about 18 now

nice, i keep trying to make a mech rogue deck that makes good use of iron sensei but i'm not sure any of them are particularly good. i made a weapon warrior deck a while ago too, going face a lot and trying to use warsong commander + bloodsail raiders (with a weapon up) combo to try to finish.

Streak is still going..

Just had the best game last night playing as my rogue. Played a priest. Dude drops a cleric 1/3, next turn gives it +2 HP, next turn drops the double health, next turn drop the attack =HP card. He has a 10/10 cleric at turn 4 and manages to bring me down to 8 HP at turn 5.

Was going to concede and in every other circumstance would have. Decided to ride it out and ended up winning. Probably the best game I played haha. Dude got a lot of "sorry that happened" emotes to say the least lol.

Game has been frustrating the hell out of me lately lol.

Its funny that on this page i talk about my amazing streak.

I think i went like 2-12 the last few days.....couldnt win to save my life.

UGH, this game pisses me off more than anything sometimes.

Here doing arena, i havent gotten a legendary in maybe the last 5 arena runs i did. Some bitch druid drops cenarius and ysera in the same match...

Do you need a gaming PC to play this?

I don't maybe because I use to play a lot of Magic, but I just can't get into this game. I mean it's OK to kill sometime, but it just seems too simple to the point where it's boring.

So which one of you guys is hitherepals? tried talking to that mofo and got the cold shoulder

Yeah I'm not really getting into this like I had hoped. It's not bad and I'm playing on my phone, which sucks, but it hasn't really grabbed me to continue playing, especially since it seems you have to start paying pretty early to have any meaningful challenges.

Yeah I'm not really getting into this like I had hoped. It's not bad and I'm playing on my phone, which sucks, but it hasn't really grabbed me to continue playing, especially since it seems you have to start paying pretty early to have any meaningful challenges.

You dont have to pay for anything, except for Naxx and BRD. Just level up all your heroes to lvl 10 doing matches against the inn keeper, that will unlock all basic cards for a class. Then just complete daily quests and win matches to acquire gold, then buy card packs.

But if you're not enjoying it then there isn't much else to be said. The initial game with limited cards does suck, but that is what playing the AI and casual matches are for.

You dont have to pay for anything, except for Naxx and BRD. Just level up all your heroes to lvl 10 doing matches against the inn keeper, that will unlock all basic cards for a class. Then just complete daily quests and win matches to acquire gold, then buy card packs.

But if you're not enjoying it then there isn't much else to be said. The initial game with limited cards does suck, but that is what playing the AI and casual matches are for.

Ok that makes sense. I thought Naxx and BRD were the next places you had to go.

you can complete naxx and brd with gold you've acquired from completing quests as well, although it will take a while.

edit: oh my god. i just played as hunter, and had two webspinners in my hand. play the first webspinner, and it dies. i get another webspinner in my hand.

i play both webspinners. both die. i get 2 malornes.

Last edited:
Back