Hearthstone thread?

Yeah. It might keep you behind the meta curve until the rotation comes because, right now, League of Explorer cards are corner stones of the vast majority of the top decks in the game. Reno Jackson in particular.

You can probably put together a pirate warrior deck for dirt cheap which is capable of charging through latter, but it's not going to teach you how to be a good player.
Good to know. Originally I was looking at a couple of hundred bucks to catch up on everything that's still available (adventures and $50 bundles of each set) which is why I was gonna hold out for an Amazon coin deal, but no sense in investing in things that'll soon be out of rotation. I think I'll just pull the trigger sooner rather than later. Thanks again.

But is there some kind of in-game checklist showing the progression of my collection? I know I'm nowhere near having everything, but it'd be nice if there were an in-game resource to let me know if and when I'm all loaded up and can move on to start collecting the next set.

Also, I haven't done any disenchanting yet, primarily because of one question I have. Let's say I have 3 copies of one card (one of them is Golden). If I go with the mass "disenchant extra cards", what happens? Will it consider the Gold card as extra? Or disenchant one of the regulars? Or are they each considered their own different card, so technically I have no extras at all?
regarding sorting through the cards, an easy way to see what you're missing from each set is to click the button on the bottom left of the collection screen which will allow you to only show cards from a certain set.

2lzvqs.png

that way you don't have to sort through a bunch of stuff and not be sure what set a certain card is in.

and as RJ said, there's no need to ever worry about pushing the "disenchant extra cards" button.

regarding sorting through the cards, an easy way to see what you're missing from each set is to click the button on the bottom left of the collection screen which will allow you to only show cards from a certain set.

2lzvqs.png

that way you don't have to sort through a bunch of stuff and not be sure what set a certain card is in.

and as RJ said, there's no need to ever worry about pushing the "disenchant extra cards" button.
Oh, that'll come in very handy. I was wondering how I'd keep from adding out-of-rotation cards to my deck without memorizing them all. Looks like I just have to filter as "standard" and I'm good to go. Thanks!

19% off on Amazon coins. Figured that's as good as it's gonna get for now and finally pulled the trigger. Got the 40-pack bundles for Whispers and Mean Streets as well as One Night.

Haven't fiddled too much with the Mean Streets stuff as I'm having too much fun running C'Thun in every deck (quite n00bish, I presume). However, I'm a big fan Spiked Hogrider. He doesn't seem to be anything too fancy, but he's single-handedly turned things around for me on more than one occasion. Granted, I'm only playing Casual, but he's come through for me when I really need him.

qKvkfjm.jpg

19% off on Amazon coins. Figured that's as good as it's gonna get for now and finally pulled the trigger. Got the 40-pack bundles for Whispers and Mean Streets as well as One Night.

Haven't fiddled too much with the Mean Streets stuff as I'm having too much fun running C'Thun in every deck (quite n00bish, I presume). However, I'm a big fan Spiked Hogrider. He doesn't seem to be anything too fancy, but he's single-handedly turned things around for me on more than one occasion. Granted, I'm only playing Casual, but he's come through for me when I really need him.

qKvkfjm.jpg
i love c'thun decks, and old gods was probably my favorite expansion. i also got really lucky with WOTOG packs and opened n'zoth, y'sharj, and yogg so i was having a lot of fun messing around with all of the old gods. and my old c'thun warrior deck that i haven't updated at all is still decent. and my c'thun, n'zoth, reno rogue deck is probably my favorite deck of all time.

and that's funny that you're running spiked hogrider. i tried making a deck to get an OTK combo with the leather-clad hogrider (i think) for fun, but haven't messed around with those cards much.

i love c'thun decks, and old gods was probably my favorite expansion. i also got really lucky with WOTOG packs and opened n'zoth, y'sharj, and yogg so i was having a lot of fun messing around with all of the old gods. and my old c'thun warrior deck that i haven't updated at all is still decent. and my c'thun, n'zoth, reno rogue deck is probably my favorite deck of all time.

and that's funny that you're running spiked hogrider. i tried making a deck to get an OTK combo with the leather-clad hogrider (i think) for fun, but haven't messed around with those cards much.
Wow, I wasn't aware of those other old gods at all. Yogg seems a little too risky for my taste as you can wreck your own side, but N'Zoth looks like a ton of fun. An all-deathrattle deck could be a blast.

Wow, I wasn't aware of those other old gods at all. Yogg seems a little too risky for my taste as you can wreck your own side, but N'Zoth looks like a ton of fun. An all-deathrattle deck could be a blast.

Yogg used to be arguably OP and would completely swing matches. He used to allow you to keep casting spells even if he was killed in the process.

Now if he is killed it stops, and he dies like half the time anyway.

C'thun is fun and in the right hands can be hard to beat. There is a wacky Druid deck running C'thun that OTK's.

Right now I'm using Dragon Priest mostly. My N'zoth warrior keeps getting wrecked so I'm giving it a break.

Reno Mage is probably my favorite deck to play. Dirty Rat is such a hilarious card.

yeah, yogg seemed like he wasn't going to be good before WOTOG was released but in practice he worked generally very well. now that he's been nerfed he's much weaker and doesn't see much play although i think the only time i've seen him played since the nerf he was actually still quite good.

i used y'sharj in a hunter deck that had all spells, barnes, and y'sharj (barnes guaranteed to pull the 1/1 y'sharj that in turn pulls the 10/10 y'sharj and if the opponent can't deal with it they lose) that was alright and pretty fun. and i also tried him in a druid ramp deck that did well in casual when i was testing it out but horribly in ranked.

i love n'zoth and c'thun though, and try to make tons of decks that use them for all classes.

Last edited:
Just completed the adventure and class challenges for One Night in Karazhan. I then did a match on that hardcore difficulty (Julianne and Romulo) and won. I don't think I got anything for that though. Is there any reason to do that difficulty at all? Or is it just supposed to be to challenge yourself?

Just completed the adventure and class challenges for One Night in Karazhan. I then did a match on that hardcore difficulty (Julianne and Romulo) and won. I don't think I got anything for that though. Is there any reason to do that difficulty at all? Or is it just supposed to be to challenge yourself?
you get a card back for completing the adventure in heroic mode. i think i've seen a lot of people talking about wanted to get a bigger reward than that, but that's it for now.

you get a card back for completing the adventure in heroic mode. I think i've seen a lot of people talking about wanted to get a bigger reward than that, but that's it for now.
Ah, I was hoping the answer would be that you get nothing because I was not looking forward to going heroic on the whole adventure again. Looks like I've got some homework now.

I only play the tavern brawl now. This week's is fun with the various boss battles. Getting a win with Noth is a real challenge.

Just placed my pre-order for Un'goro. This is the first new content whose release I'm around for, so it'll be nice to finally be somewhat up-to-date.

This expansion is going to be insane. Turning the game on it's head.

I like the quest idea just to shake up the format a bit.

I like the new Elemental addition to the card type. The Quest cards are interesting but it seems pretty rough to play through. The first one, where you have to play 7 deathrattle minions, seems tough to pull off before you die. Hopefully the meta becomes more control driven in this expansion but I feel like aggro will still reign here. What also hurts the quest card is the fact that it starts in your opening hand so you are losing a card draw and if you go first it is even worse since you are basically only drawing 2 cards compared to your opponent who has 4 and the coin. Gotta see the other Quest cards before I disregard them though.

I love the adapt mechanic. It should be a cool concept and hope to see a good number of them in the expansion. Not sure if I like the new Pyros card but I suppose it has crazy value. Like Kripp points out in his review video, playing a 10 mana 10/10 is really difficult to justify in the current meta since it can be removed in many ways. Could be crazy in N'Zoth decks but we'll just have to wait and see on that end.

I haven't really played a lot of HS since the pirates/ultra aggro decks took over but I am definitely interested in this next expansion. It really sucks to see Reno get rotated out since it was a great card against the aggro pirates but I am up for the new changed.

Please let Journey to Un'Goro make Paladin great again.

Please let Journey to Un'Goro make Paladin great again.

Anyfin was pretty strong in this current meta, but since that card is rotating out who knows what is going to happen.

All I know is that they finally give Priest some love and now the Dragon Priest deck is getting totally gutted.

I play this occasionally on my phone, and I see some clever fucking assholes have figured out if you just hover a spell card over a minion, the time limit doesn't expire...and your opponent can't even concede.

Jesus Christ, why do some people insist on ruining this game? Patch that shit Blizzard.

Back