Hearthstone thread?

The problem with this game is every meta the answer to everything is play aggro. You want to play control? Fuck you control always has a HARD counter and is meh against aggro anyway. Quest rogue is stupid. Doing ok with quest warrior in general, but quest rogue wrecks it of course.

Went up 8 ranks from 19 to 11 playing this bullshit mid-hunter deck. Sucks but its the only deck working for me consistently against all the other aggro rogues. Taunt warrior is too slow to stop this hunter. Only other deck I have had moderate success with is the aggro murloc paladin. My elemental decks pretty much lost steam at around rank 15 and were too slow.

Went up 8 ranks from 19 to 11 playing this bullshit mid-hunter deck. Sucks but its the only deck working for me consistently against all the other aggro rogues. Taunt warrior is too slow to stop this hunter. Only other deck I have had moderate success with is the aggro murloc paladin. My elemental decks pretty much lost steam at around rank 15 and were too slow.

I hit rank 12 using mostly Taunt Warrior, which I believe is a top tier deck. That said, it get's trounced by Quest Rogue which is a scourge at that level. I could probably grind my way through that but I don't have the time.

I put in two sleep with the fishes which can help against the quest rogue, but you are really at the mercy of their hand. I've noticed they are getting smarter and holding back on their novice engineers and saving some of the bouncing ability for them to ensure they don't run low on cards (as that is the only way to beat them).

I have the mid range hunter deck but never use it.

I think Mid-Range Murloc Paladin might be a really strong deck and I've been working on that.

I hit rank 12 using mostly Taunt Warrior, which I believe is a top tier deck. That said, it get's trounced by Quest Rogue which is a scourge at that level. I could probably grind my way through that but I don't have the time.

I put in two sleep with the fishes which can help against the quest rogue, but you are really at the mercy of their hand. I've noticed they are getting smarter and holding back on their novice engineers and saving some of the bouncing ability for them to ensure they don't run low on cards (as that is the only way to beat them).

I have the mid range hunter deck but never use it.

I think Mid-Range Murloc Paladin might be a really strong deck and I've been working on that.

Aggro rules the meta! I have hit fucking rank 5 by doing nothing but playing the mid range hunter in an aggro style. I can't believe it to be honest. I did it very quickly too. 19 to 5 in about 8 hours of play time spread over 4 days. With all the quests out there its insane to me that I have made it so far up the ladder with this shit meme mid range hunter. I drop Alley Cat turn one, opponent plays something in response 95% of the time, turn 2 I put down Scavenging Hyena, throw the Alley Cats into the enemy minion, and end up with a 4/3 that damn near wins me the game most of the time. The opponent has to waste resources/time getting rid of it which allows me to build a board which I can then adapt (almost always turn a 1/1 into a poisonous minion which I trade into large taunts/minions) and they can't keep up most of the time once the hero power comes in. Make sure you have deadly shots in the deck and you should be good.

Between double kill command and unleash the hounds (especially with a Leokk from animal companion on board), the rogues have a difficult time stabilizing as I can do 10-20+ damage in one turn while they are trying to bounce back minions. I can kill them on turn 6 before they get a chance to take advantage of the quest after playing it on turn 5. Obviously draw RNG is heavily involved but even still.

This is the highest I have ever been on ladder and while its cool it also sucks that control is too shitty to play. I know I won't hit legend but rank 5 is enough for me. Its frustrating that only like 4 decks work above rank 10. The one deck that is faster than the mid range hunter/murloc paladin is still that damn pirate warrior. I still get destroyed by pirate warriors with a good opening hand.

Aggro rules the meta! I have hit fucking rank 5 by doing nothing but playing the mid range hunter in an aggro style. I can't believe it to be honest. I did it very quickly too. 19 to 5 in about 8 hours of play time spread over 4 days. With all the quests out there its insane to me that I have made it so far up the ladder with this shit meme mid range hunter. I drop Alley Cat turn one, opponent plays something in response 95% of the time, turn 2 I put down Scavenging Hyena, throw the Alley Cats into the enemy minion, and end up with a 4/3 that damn near wins me the game most of the time. The opponent has to waste resources/time getting rid of it which allows me to build a board which I can then adapt (almost always turn a 1/1 into a poisonous minion which I trade into large taunts/minions) and they can't keep up most of the time once the hero power comes in. Make sure you have deadly shots in the deck and you should be good.

Between double kill command and unleash the hounds (especially with a Leokk from animal companion on board), the rogues have a difficult time stabilizing as I can do 10-20+ damage in one turn while they are trying to bounce back minions. I can kill them on turn 6 before they get a chance to take advantage of the quest after playing it on turn 5. Obviously draw RNG is heavily involved but even still.

This is the highest I have ever been on ladder and while its cool it also sucks that control is too shitty to play. I know I won't hit legend but rank 5 is enough for me. Its frustrating that only like 4 decks work above rank 10. The one deck that is faster than the mid range hunter/murloc paladin is still that damn pirate warrior. I still get destroyed by pirate warriors with a good opening hand.

Yeah Aggro has run the meta for a while now. Mid Range hunter is now running the show because of how well it counters quest rogue.

Honestly Blizzard has kind of fucked up, IMO. They've essentially created a game that only rewards one type of play style (aggro). Last expansion Pirate Warrior was the blight and in response they created another deck that promotes the use of Pirate Warrior even more.

That said, at least you can interact with Pirate Warrior some of the time. Quest Rogue is by far the worst thing they've ever dumped out. Maybe Miracle Rogue was worse before Auctioneer got nerfed, but playing against quest rogue is basically solitaire; they either have a good or average hand and you die, or you rush them down blindly going face and win.

I just went from rank 15 to rank 10 without losing a single game using midrange hunter. Took me about a half an hour.

I just spent 30 minutes in a single match my Dragon Priest vs his Quest/Nzoth priest. The game went down to the fucking wire and I finally fatigued to death because he was able to brew master Amara and got 3 gigantic fucking taunts from his Elise pack.

What a game though. I felt I played it as well as I could have but just could not get past his taunts fast enough to avoid fatigue death.

around rank 10/9 i've hardly seen any quest rogues, and seen a lot of pirate warrior and other aggro decks.

I just spent 30 minutes in a single match my Dragon Priest vs his Quest/Nzoth priest. The game went down to the fucking wire and I finally fatigued to death because he was able to brew master Amara and got 3 gigantic fucking taunts from his Elise pack.

What a game though. I felt I played it as well as I could have but just could not get past his taunts fast enough to avoid fatigue death.
i wish i had primordial drake for a dragon priest deck, or elise for a more controlling deck.

i've been trying a 1-of kazakus quest priest deck but i'd like to have elise in there too, and it still doesn't feel good. i love lyra though.

i wish i had primordial drake for a dragon priest deck, or elise for a more controlling deck.

i've been trying a 1-of kazakus quest priest deck but i'd like to have elise in there too, and it still doesn't feel good. i love lyra though.

I don't have Elise but I was able to steal one from him via the operative, and I run Ysera so I was able to return elise and play her twice...I still lost lol.

That purify priest deck can be pretty nasty. That is where I see Lyra shine like crazy.

Primordial Drake is one of the best cards in the game, IMO.

I don't have Elise but I was able to steal one from him via the operative, and I run Ysera so I was able to return elise and play her twice...I still lost lol.

That purify priest deck can be pretty nasty. That is where I see Lyra shine like crazy.

Primordial Drake is one of the best cards in the game, IMO.
yeah, i haven't tried a silence priest yet, but i've been playing a few variations of elemental priest decks.

and yeah, primordial drake is a great card. fits in a lot of decks, and i don't have a single one T_T.

yeah, i haven't tried a silence priest yet, but i've been playing a few variations of elemental priest decks.

and yeah, primordial drake is a great card. fits in a lot of decks, and i don't have a single one T_T.

No dust left?

I dusted Rag, Sylvanas, the league legendaries, and a bunch of my useless legendaries to get up to snuff on the new cards.

No dust left?

I dusted Rag, Sylvanas, the league legendaries, and a bunch of my useless legendaries to get up to snuff on the new cards.
still a little dust left, but not enough for an epic yet. haven't dusted any of my legendaries that got rotated out, and i don't think i will.

I just won 7 ranked matches in a row with my tweaked midrange murloc paladin. This is probably the most versatile deck I've ever used.

Beat Taunt and Pirate Warrior, Quest Rogue, Token Druid, and Midrange Hunter. Im not saying it's favored over some of these but it fares quite well.

Damn. Haven't played in a while and totally forgot I pre-ordered the set. Looks like I've got my night planned out.

Make that 12 in a row with the paladin deck. Lost to a quest rogue because I drew 3 8 drops in my opening hand.....

I wish I could play this in my browser on my chromebook.

Blizzard pulls a fast one and swerves us with the new expansion. Knight of the Frozen Throne has been announced as the next expansion in August. The trailer and tease look pretty awesome. I like the new hero cards and the new Lifesteal mechanic they are introducing. Seems like they are trying to pull back on the aggro decks with very control friendly mechanics. I love the lore they are bringing in with the whole Lich King backstory and all the heroes being undead. New hero powers should be interesting to see. The hunter hero power of mashing two minions together to create a new one is pretty awesome looking. The card that buffs all your minions if you have no other 2 cost cards is insane! That almost seems broken but we'll see. I am pretty excited about this one, more than I was for Un'Goro.

Anyone else still playing?

Blizzard pulls a fast one and swerves us with the new expansion. Knight of the Frozen Throne has been announced as the next expansion in August. The trailer and tease look pretty awesome. I like the new hero cards and the new Lifesteal mechanic they are introducing. Seems like they are trying to pull back on the aggro decks with very control friendly mechanics. I love the lore they are bringing in with the whole Lich King backstory and all the heroes being undead. New hero powers should be interesting to see. The hunter hero power of mashing two minions together to create a new one is pretty awesome looking. The card that buffs all your minions if you have no other 2 cost cards is insane! That almost seems broken but we'll see. I am pretty excited about this one, more than I was for Un'Goro.

Anyone else still playing?

I still play though I haven't tried to push for legend recently. I usually stall out around rank 7.

Looking forward to the expansion since it seems like the aggro trend may die down.

Are 'there good to know's for when you start this game ?

Back