Hearthstone thread?

I've been using Malygos Rogue lately. I love luring them into false confidence and then unload 24 damage ftw.

I was wrecking shit with a basic C'thun mage but the new expansion has dropped so its not as good any more :(

First impressions of Ungoro? The hunter quest is pretty fun, like the new Priest cards but they all still feel like they can be run over by a typical Jade deck. I was able to horde some gold and bought 20 packs, a couple golds and one legendary from them. The new adapt abilities are interesting and have won me a few games so far but my decks are terrible since I am still trying things out.

opened 79 or something packs and got three legendaries. got the priest legendary Lyra the Sunshard, the warlock legendary Clutchmother Zavas, and the shaman quest Unite the Murlocs. then i crafted the hunter, priest quests and the neutral legendary Spiritsinger Umbra.

did ok for a couple games with a quick priest deathrattle deck, but not that great, but had some great games with a 1-drop hunter quest deck i threw together, and with a quick murloc shaman deck.

seriously fuck this game.

1 day in and already seeing the same rogue deck 8/10 games. Do they even playtest this shit?

I'm running the warrior quest deck which seems to be quite powerful. Need to tweak it a bit, though. It's an incredibly annoying deck to play against, imo.

I opened 60 packs and got mostly Paladin cards so I may run that quest deck as well, though it seems challening to pilot. Card draw is crucial and you have to be very calculated to maximize all the buffs and what not.

I'm running the warrior quest deck which seems to be quite powerful. Need to tweak it a bit, though. It's an incredibly annoying deck to play against, imo.

I opened 60 packs and got mostly Paladin cards so I may run that quest deck as well, though it seems challening to pilot. Card draw is crucial and you have to be very calculated to maximize all the buffs and what not.
yesterday someone wrecked me with the paladin quest and that new plant neutral legendary.

1 day in and already seeing the same rogue deck 8/10 games. Do they even playtest this shit?

Yeeeeah the rogue quest seems like an easy thing to do, seeing a lot of it myself.

Ok I'm seeing that rogue scourge now. They are hitting the quest limit by turn 4 for god's sake. You need to be super aggro against that deck.

Oh man the mage quest deck is hard to pilot but it is fun as hell.

I just played against that murloc shaman and he hit his quest at like turn 6. He has like 36 health (from armor he drew) and he has lethal with 7 buffed Multics on the table. This was the pbp for the final few turns.

- Babbling book draws Ice block. I cast it and play arconologist for my ice block in my deck.
- He hits me for lethal but I survive. I cast my second ice block and arconologist for my 3rd ice block.
-he buffs his Murlocs like crazy and pops my 2nd block.
-I cast my 3rd and final ice block, and I've drawn and cast my final spell for the quest.
-He pops my last block. Passes assuming I'm dead to rights next turn.
-I freeze all his minions and drop the doom sayer.
-he tries to evolve them but they still miss their turn and ALL DIE.
- I drop alex and heal myself to 15
-he drops 3 random minions.
-I attack with Alex, drop 2 arcane giants, cast molten reflection on the giant, and then hit the time warp.
- smash him in the face for another 32 damage killing him.

TLDR: Survived about 4 turns with no health and destroyed opponent with a 40 damage TTK

These quest cards have basically ruined the game for me, I seem to lose 9/10 times when my opponent has one.

These quest cards have basically ruined the game for me, I seem to lose 9/10 times when my opponent has one.

The Rogue quest is running roughshod over everything other than pirate warrior. I find all of the other quests mostly balanced, but man that Rogue quest is insane. If you aren't playing a balls out aggro deck against it there is quite literally no way affect the outcome of the match.

Blizzard basically said screw the players who don't want to pay out for a shitload of packs. At least in previous incarnations I felt I could compete, and only occasionally walked into complete drubbings that usually involved crap card draws.

Fuck these rogue motherfuckers! How the fuck are you supposed to compete with this bullshit deck when they complete the quest by turn 4 and then push out chargers to fuck you in the ass!? So fucking "fun and interactive" according to Blizzard! I can't even get to rank 15 because every fucker is playing this deck. I'd try it out so I could at least get to 15 but the fucking quest cards are legendary for some stupid fucking reason so you have to buy 50+ packs to find one. Fuck!

Rant over but seriously what the fuck!?

Yep, count me in as another person who hates the quest bullshit. It's legit broken the game. They gotta do something to nerf that shit. It's fucking retarded.

I can't crack 12 right now...too many Quest Rogues to deal with. I may have to just bite the bullet and start playing midrange hunter or pirate warrior to deal with this scourge.

I really don't understand why the quest cards aren't shuffled into the deck.

I really don't understand why the quest cards aren't shuffled into the deck.

I'm pretty sure some of them are. Maybe they all differ, but some definitely have to be played before they're activated. Don't know if you always get them off the bat though, as I'm a peasant player who doesn't spend a dime on this shit.

Either way, it's bullshit. Those cards have broken the game. Pay, or get fucked 99/100 times.

I'm pretty sure some of them are. Maybe they all differ, but some definitely have to be played before they're activated. Don't know if you always get them off the bat though, as I'm a peasant player who doesn't spend a dime on this shit.

Either way, it's bullshit. Those cards have broken the game. Pay, or get fucked 99/100 times.
yeah, the quest always starts in your opening hand, but you can mulligan it away, if you want, when you're replacing cards.

i actually don't think the quests are really that bad or unbalanced, at least not much more than other dominant decks in the past. i think there are quite a few non-quest decks that are competitive with the quest ones. it is frustrating that there are core cards like the quests that are legendaries and very difficult to get though. they would have definitely been much better as part of an adventure instead of an expansion.

yeah, the quest always starts in your opening hand, but you can mulligan it away, if you want, when you're replacing cards.

i actually don't think the quests are really that bad or unbalanced, at least not much more than other dominant decks in the past. i think there are quite a few non-quest decks that are competitive with the quest ones. it is frustrating that there are core cards like the quests that are legendaries and very difficult to get though. they would have definitely been much better as part of an adventure instead of an expansion.

I guess it all depends on how seriously you play. I just play for free, so I obviously get the short end of the stick when it comes to competition. Still though, I have never felt too underpowered until this. Now whenever I see a quest icon, I just quit. There's no point.

I guess it all depends on how seriously you play. I just play for free, so I obviously get the short end of the stick when it comes to competition. Still though, I have never felt too underpowered until this. Now whenever I see a quest icon, I just quit. There's no point.

According to the overall consensus right now, midrange hunter is the top deck in the meta and is dirt cheap. You can get that on a F2P account if you want to be competitive.

Back