Has DJ grown the courage to share an octagon with Dillishaw yet?

It would improve his legacy (how could it not?), but like I've said in other threads, the expectations for Mighty Mouse are grossly uneven compared to other elite fighters.

The guy has already completely gutted an entire division, while going 14-2 (IIRC) at a weight class significantly higher than his natural weight class. No one else in history has done this. Most of the other elite legends in MMA history haven't even gone up at all, let alone for 16 fights, *let alone* beating the elites and GOATs at the next class up.

I agree that 125/135 lacks some depth and talent compared to the traditional divisions, but it certainly doesn't justify that type of discrepancy in respect compared to legends that are bigger sized (like GSP, Anderson, Jones, etc...).

If a fan is objective, unbiased, and not marked by homoerotic fixation on size, Mighty Mouse has already accomplished *way* more than is needed to have a legendary legacy.
Personally I don't even believe he's fought lesser competition. Just because people don't know the names doesn't mean they're less skilled. I don't think he needs to do anything to prove that he's the most skilled and successful fighter. He's proven that through his body of work.

I just think if he beats someone like Dillashaw or Garbrandt, even Cruz, it will lend more legitimacy to his entire division. People won't just think of it as a fringe group of guys who couldn't hack it at 135 or are abnormally small (which is not really true). It shouldn't be necessary and DJ doesn't HAVE to do anything. But it would certainly help. It's not going to make him into the next megastar, but then again nobody else on the roster looks like they're going to be, either. It WILL make him into a more legendary fighter when people look back at his career in 20 years though.

Some time in the next decade he may reach puberty.

Rather see MM vs. garbrandt. Garbrandt would come straight for dj while dillishaw and mm would dance around each other for hours

DJ won me over in his last fight. I'm no longer going to pick on the guy. I just want him to beat at least 1 future UFC HOF so his record looks legit.

No one gives a flying fuck what most of you mouth breathers think. DJ has a good life and a great support system. Give bumping your gums while he lives it up with his beautiful family and his video games.

Has he even stated if he'll fight him now after the Cody fight happens?

Just because he got a flashy little arm bar doesn't mean that we all forgot about him going "Howard the duck" on us.

He has to fight Dillishaw to shake off that title. Otherwise it will live with him forever.
If you call Dillashaw a Duck for cutting weight to DUCK two weight classes (145 and 135), then I'm ok with you calling Demetrious Johnson a "duck." If you call Cody Garbrandt a Duck for cutting weight to DUCK a weight class (145), then I'm ok with that, also.

Why the hell are you championing a guy who is trying to cut weight and skip his natural competition to pick on a smaller guy?

Well, flyweight has been cleaned out by DJ. If TJ can make 125lbs, he should be permitted to fight.
Then how about he get a ranked win. Just one. Like DJ asked. Pettis has been in line for a while and Cejudo is leading the front now. TJ had no case for a TS at FLW. If he had a single win at that weight (against anyone) then he'd be the most worthy contender.

But he doesn't, so he isn't.

DJ has said multiple times when he breaks Silva's record he would gladly move up a weight class and fight the champion if the UFC was willing to put that fight together. So now since he has the record it's up to the UFC to put that fight together. If TJ moves down a weight class DJ will mop the floor with him.

I really do feel bad for the fans dumb enough to actually believe DJ is actually "scared" or "ducking" TJ.....

It's comedy on the highest level....

Let me be very clear....If you actually do believe DJ is scared of TJ you ARE incredibly dumb...It's not debatable.

Last edited:
So TJ and the UFC want to pull a Conor a la la 155? What has TJ done to deserve a title shot at MM?

Well, flyweight has been cleaned out by DJ. If TJ can make 125lbs, he should be permitted to fight.

Sure absolutely....If TJ becomes the 135 champ and wants to move down and fight DJ? Then regardless of his resume at 125, and the UFC wants to do it? I say sure...

If TJ losses to Cody and wants to move to 125? He sure as hell has to beat a contender first.

You may very well find out he can't hack it at 125, or his performances diminishes...Pretty important.

This whole idea that TJ should have just been able to get a crack at the 125 title out of nowhere was total nonsense.

Courage? Yup, guy just needs to get a condom for extra protection

If TJ loses to Cody why would be fight TJ?

Have him fight Cody.

It's always amusing when people pretend like Mighty Mouse vs. TJ/Cody/Cruz 2 would turn MM into a megastar.

*Marginally* more people would watch that fight than a regular title fight at 125/135.

That's because if you actually care about MMA, you already watch (or at least appreciate) Mighty Mouse and the 135ers...if you watch MMA to see big/thick/robust sweaty muscular men...you still aren't going to get your fix.

No one said that shit. You just made it up since you couldn't discuss the fact that DJ ducked him. Fuck off until you can discuss the facts like an adult.

He had no obligation to do either since TJ isn't a FLW and in no way deserves a title shot at that weight.

Brock Lesnar is a FLW if he can make the weight.

No one says who is or who isn't this weight or that weight until they don't make the weight. Then you can say that. Until then, you're a totally full of shit and obviously afraid for DJ to take that fight to even say that.

First time he was offered a $0 pay increase + PPV points valued at roughly $1, so not sure how you figure he'd make SO much more.

I’m sure the PPV points were/are negotiable if he did fight any of the top contenders. Imagine if he managed to beat TJ or Cruz. It would change everything.

I’m sure the PPV points were/are negotiable if he did fight any of the top contenders. Imagine if he managed to beat TJ or Cruz. It would change everything.
He wants to get paid to fight them, not only afterwards IF he beats them.

Back