Has DJ grown the courage to share an octagon with Dillishaw yet?

Sure absolutely....If TJ becomes the 135 champ and wants to move down and fight DJ? Then regardless of his resume at 125, and the UFC wants to do it? I say sure...

If TJ losses to Cody and wants to move to 125? He sure as hell has to beat a contender first.

You may very well find out he can't hack it at 125, or his performances diminishes...Pretty important.

This whole idea that TJ should have just been able to get a crack at the 125 title out of nowhere was total nonsense.

Right. Cause GSP getting a title shot at a weight class above after a 4 year layoff makes total sense.

No one said that shit. You just made it up since you couldn't discuss the fact that DJ ducked him. Fuck off until you can discuss the facts like an adult.

Like I said in the next post, plenty of people have claimed that once he "challenges himself at 135", they'll become interested, that he needs to do it to get noticed, make more money, etc...

And that's nonsense. The advantage would marginal to his fame/pocketbook. He knows that as well, which is why he isn't in a rush to do it. Like I said, why take on significantly more risk if there isn't significantly more reward?

The *real* reason people go in for that type of thinking is because continually moving the bar forward (way past what they demand of bigger star fighters) allows them to justify their lack of fandom as something MMA-related, rather than homosexual-like preference for larger men.

Again, that isn't a value judgment on their sexual preference. I don't care about that one way or the other. But it's definitely reality.

I love people like OP who have the balls to admit that if their boss asked them to do ANYTHING, they'd bend over and ask for more.

Very hard fight for MM. Would love to see how it unfolds, but it would be better if one of them commits to the weight they keep fighting at.

No one said that shit. You just made it up since you couldn't discuss the fact that DJ ducked him. Fuck off until you can discuss the facts like an adult.
Yup. Now, I remember why I blocked your worthless ass.

He wants to get paid to fight them, not only afterwards IF he beats them.

Yes. I’m sure they would’ve paid him more to fight them as opposed to Ray fucking Borg or Wilson Reis.

When I'm a mod, I'm gonna spend most of my time banning people who start troll threads.
You've made my list.

Cejudo was green as fuck and Benavidez is the most overrated fighter in history. Dodson is a good win, Horiguchi is meh.

Mighty Mouse knows what he's doing, he'll push for Pettis next knowing he's not even close to his prime
You spelt *underrated* wrong.

~DaViD~

Yes. I’m sure they would’ve paid him more to fight them as opposed to Ray fucking Borg or Wilson Reis.
Problem is they didn't. Not a theory. All they offered him was PPV points, which Dana kept repeating like it was this big deal, but which DJ immedietedly saw through.

Right. Cause GSP getting a title shot at a weight class above after a 4 year layoff makes total sense.

No no it doesn't....

The only credible argument is that it's arguably the greatest fighter in UFC history getting it, and when he left he was still champion

Yup. Now, I remember why I blocked your worthless ass.

Bitch, you came in created an argument that no one in the thread even said.

And go ahead and block whatever you want because you're to thin skinned to take the heat for your foolish posts. Clean your douche and buzz off then. <JonesDXSuckIt>

Has he even stated if he'll fight him now after the Cody fight happens?

Just because he got a flashy little arm bar doesn't mean that we all forgot about him going "Howard the duck" on us.

He has to fight Dillishaw to shake off that title. Otherwise it will live with him forever.
Have you grown the courage to come out from behind your keyboard and actually fight in a ring or Octagon? I can't understand how keyboard warriors have the balls to question a professional fighter's courage.

If you do any sort of research on MMA, you would know that Ray Borg was next in line per the UFC and DJ. And despite having some troubles with making 125 lbs in the past, Ray actually made 125 lbs multiple times.

TJ, although an excellent fighter, to the best of my knowledge, has NEVER made 125 lbs in his MMA career. Other than TJ's word, what guarantee would he have that TJ could make the weight and be fit enough to fight?

It's completely asinine to say that DJ "ducked" a guy who never fought at this weight class.

If TJ struggled to make weight and looked like the living dead and MM ran through him, jackasses on this forum would say, "But but but TJ was a shell of himself. He could barely make weight. It's a new weight class for him. It doesn't count..."

MM would make so much more money fighting TJ or the Cruz rematch, plus no shame in losing to bigger fighters. Crazy that he doesn't move up.
That's the thing, TJ isn't bigger than him.

It would improve his legacy (how could it not?), but like I've said in other threads, the expectations for Mighty Mouse are grossly uneven compared to other elite fighters.

The guy has already completely gutted an entire division, while going 14-2 (IIRC) at a weight class significantly higher than his natural weight class. No one else in history has done this. Most of the other elite legends in MMA history haven't even gone up at all, let alone for 16 fights, *let alone* beating the elites and GOATs at the next class up.

I agree that 125/135 lacks some depth and talent compared to the traditional divisions, but it certainly doesn't justify that type of discrepancy in respect compared to legends that are bigger sized (like GSP, Anderson, Jones, etc...).

If a fan is objective, unbiased, and not marked by homoerotic fixation on size, Mighty Mouse has already accomplished *way* more than is needed to have a legendary legacy.
Very well put. I really like the, "homoerotic fixation on size" commentary. So true. Can I borrow this line?

Problem is they didn't. Not a theory. All they offered him was PPV points, which Dana kept repeating like it was this big deal, but which DJ immedietedly saw through.

Like I said I believe that part was negotiable. You think Dana likes only selling 120K ppvs everytime DJ headlines a card? Replace Borg with TJ and that card would’ve done at least 200K. DJ always complaining about not getting respect, how he’s underpaid and how the ppvs that he headlines aren’t his fault when they tank. Could’ve killed 3 birds with 1 stone instead he chose to remain the same.

Dj do
I'm maybe 30 percent trolling, but I've seen a number of people make the claim that if Mighty Mouse wants to get big buys/money, he has to "challenge himself at 135".

Which is fairly absurd. It wouldn't generate massive unique buys over and above what he routinely draws at 125 and what guys like TJ draw at 135. That's because the sticking point with the non-buyers is more related to size than competition in and of itself.

I think he knows that as well deep-down, which is why he doesn't seem to be in any particular hurry to do it...why bother taking on significantly more risk and damage if he isn't going to be proportionately compensated for it?
DJ doesn't get PPV points so it doesn't matter.

Like I said I believe that part was negotiable. You think Dana likes only selling 120K ppvs everytime DJ headlines a card? Replace Borg with TJ and that card would’ve done at least 200K. DJ always complaining about not getting respect, how he’s underpaid and how the ppvs that he headlines aren’t his fault when they tank. Could’ve killed 3 birds with 1 stone instead he chose to remain the same.
A 200k ppv gets you paid $1 according to all the contracts weve seen on the matter. So again DJ saw through it. Maybe things were negotiable. But even if he asked for 10,000x what champions like Alvarez and Dillashaw got, it's only $10,000.

Back