Has Dan Henderson always been a sore loser?

Don Frye has said that Dan Henderson is an asshole, and based on some of Dan's comments about his fellow fighters following losses, I'm inclined to believe him.

He's right to be pissed at Machida. It takes two to make a fight; refusing to initiate and performing the stand-up equivalent of Werdum lying on his back and saying "get in my guard" to Overeem is not "counter-fighting" or "a good game plan".

When I see posts like this I really wonder of you seen the fight.

Hendo was doing as much retreating as Machida that fight.

Machida was throwing more and landing more then Hendo.

So what's with this bs I keep hearing on how Machida was passive during that fight!? It was Hendo who was passive.

I have lost a lot of respect for Henderson because of his statements following the Rashad Evans fight. He was being passive-aggressive and talking bad about Machida and then talks about how he thought he won the first and second rounds... I was rolling my eyes at him during his entire post-fight interview, the dude is just a pain in the ass after he loses. Machida beat him handily; I think the Machida fight was a more clear-cut victory than the Rashad fight was. Rashad had a lot more trouble with Henderson than Machida did by a long shot.

Totally agree with everything you said, especially the part about Machida won a more clear-cut victory than Rashad.

Well he lost to Machida and Rashad in a fucking decision. Rashad though has shown how thrilled he was to get the split decision. I mean who does that? You only celebrate like that if you won $100,000,000. Rashad was praying the whole time to get the decision. He even admitted that he was counting every hit.

The UFC should somehow create a new yellow card system.

That was my impression as well. He looked like he won the lottery.

In respond to the OP: It's true he was a sore loser after the Machida fight. A bit like Nick Diaz. Why would Machida and Condit play into their respective games? That said, both their strategies made for uneventful, boring fights, notwithstanding the technique displayed.

Now the Rashad fight was much closer. Hendo definitely won the first. And the second was really close and could go Henderson's way, though I gave it to Rashad. But I wouldn't say Hendo was whining here. He legitimately thought he won the first two rounds, and he admitted he himself was to blame for being too passive in the third.

That was my impression as well. He looked like he won the lottery.

In respond to the OP: It's true he was a sore loser after the Machida fight. A bit like Nick Diaz. Why would Machida and Condit play into their respective games? That said, both their strategies made for uneventful, boring fights, notwithstanding the technique displayed.

Now the Rashad fight was much closer. Hendo definitely won the first. And the second was really close and could go Henderson's way, though I gave it to Rashad. But I wouldn't say Hendo was whining here. He legitimately thought he won the first two rounds, and he admitted he himself was to blame for being too passive in the third.

Comparing Condit to Machida is beyond unfair. Condit was exchanging with Diaz for the entire 5 rounds, he just did it on his own terms in the center of the cage. That is hardly what Machida was doing vs Hendo.

When I see posts like this I really wonder of you seen the fight.

Hendo was doing as much retreating as Machida that fight.

Machida was throwing more and landing more then Hendo.

So what's with this bs I keep hearing on how Machida was passive during that fight!? It was Hendo who was passive.

No way. Hendo was charging forward for the bulk of the fight, swinging at tons of air. Machida was most definitely the more passive fighter of the two, like he always is.

Don Frye has said that Dan Henderson is an asshole, and based on some of Dan's comments about his fellow fighters following losses, I'm inclined to believe him.

Well if the saintly Don Frye said it then it must be true.

Oh Christ. You're not fooling anybody with this troll account. The "lol you only think he's boring cuz ur dumb and just bleed!" argument is so played-out and lame.

being "just bleed" is actually celebrated on here now :D

I think Hendo's feeling annoyed because two losses ago he was on top of the world thinking he could choose a title fight in either MW, LHW or HW at his discretion and juice his way to victory for as long as he wanted, and now suddenly he's faced with the stark reality of imminent irrelevance or retirement.

Comparing Condit to Machida is beyond unfair. Condit was exchanging with Diaz for the entire 5 rounds, he just did it on his own terms in the center of the cage. That is hardly what Machida was doing vs Hendo.

Hmm. I remember him running a lot as well. That fight was also frustrating for me to watch. Say what you want about Condit's superb standup technique, etc. It wasn't a great fight, and that is an understatement. Normally his fights are a lot more exciting. Mind you, I think both Hendo and Diaz were equally to blame for those fights, as they weren't able to adjust to counter their opponent's gameplanning, that is, to do anything else than they normally do.

No way. Hendo was charging forward for the bulk of the fight, swinging at tons of air. Machida was most definitely the more passive fighter of the two, like he always is.

Hendo threw one more head shot than Machida.

He was just as passive. Machida took the center of the octagon and was throwing kicks, knees and punches.

Older, slower, last gen fighters should not be younger guys like Rashad....rashad is made to look good by being fed fighters ready to retire like Ortiz and liddell....

Machida landed much harder shots than Condit throughout the fight. Machida was counterstriking and going for power shots, Condit was circling and landing a high volume of uncommitted strikes. There's nothing that makes one style intrinsically more virtuous than the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back