Has Dan Henderson always been a sore loser?

aZn PugilisT

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I have lost a lot of respect for Henderson because of his statements following the Rashad Evans fight. He was being passive-aggressive and talking bad about Machida and then talks about how he thought he won the first and second rounds... I was rolling my eyes at him during his entire post-fight interview, the dude is just a pain in the ass after he loses. Machida beat him handily; I think the Machida fight was a more clear-cut victory than the Rashad fight was. Rashad had a lot more trouble with Henderson than Machida did by a long shot.

You might be right but Machida already has the "boring fighter" aura so it's easier to use the "passive fighter card" on him.

TS is upset that Hendo said what we were all thinking about the Machida fight.

Yeah Machida beat him fair and square but my God was it horrible to watch.

Well he lost to Machida and Rashad in a fucking decision. Rashad though has shown how thrilled he was to get the split decision. I mean who does that? You only celebrate like that if you won $100,000,000. Rashad was praying the whole time to get the decision. He even admitted that he was counting every hit.

The UFC should somehow create a new yellow card system.

He straight up gave his thoughts on the Machida fight. That's not passive aggressive.

You might be right but Machida already has the "boring fighter" aura so it's easier to use the "passive fighter card" on him.

Machida is only a boring fighter if:

a) your eyes are too slow to see all of the technique and planning involved in Machida's attack.

b) you are too brainless to understand martial arts in general.

c) the only fights that you find interesting are where two morons square off toe-to-toe and trade punches blow for blow.

He's right to be pissed at Machida. It takes two to make a fight; refusing to initiate and performing the stand-up equivalent of Werdum lying on his back and saying "get in my guard" to Overeem is not "counter-fighting" or "a good game plan".

He straight up gave his thoughts on the Machida fight. That's not passive aggressive.

No he didn't... In his post-fight interview he doesn't even directly use Machida's name when speaking about him. He says "Rashad is a tough guy blah blah... he showed up to fight, but I can't say that about the last guy I fought".

Machida is only a boring fighter if:

a) your eyes are too slow to see all of the technique and planning involved in Machida's attack.

b) you are too brainless to understand martial arts in general.

c) the only fights that you find interesting are where two morons square off toe-to-toe and trade punches blow for blow.

Oh Christ. You're not fooling anybody with this troll account. The "lol you only think he's boring cuz ur dumb and just bleed!" argument is so played-out and lame.

As long as I can remember, yes. He's still salty about losing to Anderson.

He's right to be pissed at Machida. It takes two to make a fight; refusing to initiate and performing the stand-up equivalent of Werdum lying on his back and saying "get in my guard" to Overeem is not "counter-fighting" or "a good game plan".

But it is "technical mastery"!!!

No it is not... Machida does initiate, but after Henderson throws his attack; it's called counter-attacking... you draw fire and plan your attack based off what you get your opponent to throw at you.

When Dan has spoken about the Machida fight, you can sense that he is aware that he will come across as a sore loser whenever he comments on the fight. He just speaks his mind as he sees it.

Personally, I love Machida's style but it's easy to understand how Dan feels about it.

Maybe Dan should do something more with his standup game then loading up on the H Bomb which makes him way too predictable and easy to neutralize his striking game.

Both were split decisions so I can see why he is frustrated.

Hendo feels that if fighters just stand and bang with him he will beat them and if they don't fall into his game and he loses then he has something to say about it.

As long as I can remember, yes. He's still salty about losing to Anderson.

still blames a bad weight cut or something? wish anderson didn't go for the choke and became the first person to TKO him.

When Dan has spoken about the Machida fight, you can sense that he is aware that he will come across as a sore loser whenever he comments on the fight. He just speaks his mind as he sees it.

Personally, I love Machida's style but it's easy to understand how Dan feels about it.

It's easy to see that Dan is frustrated because he was punching and swinging at air all night long... Henderson doesn't seem very intelligent; his opinions cloud his ability to see things objectively.

Back