Has Bellator surpassed Strikeforce at its peak?

Honestly I liked the Bjorn era more than the Coker era and I like Scott Coker a lot

Fuck me i knew i was forgetting someone.

Robbie also became champ.

so that makes six lmfao at Bellator being better
Dude you’re acting like Bellator has been bought out like Strikeforce was and all the fighters have tried and failed in the UFC. How are you gonna compare Bellator champs and SF champs when all the SF fighters were merged into UFC and had a chance to compete when Bellator didn’t? That’s just silly. Now if Bellator merged into UFC today, I GUARANTEE there would be some champs from Bellator. Ruth, Fortune, and Pico. Those guys can all be UFC champs. So no idea what you’re talking about.

Bellator is dope as hell. Strikeforce was dope too but was very shaky financially underneath it all. I think Coker and Viacom have a legit plan on growing this thing and it’s clearly working because companies are investing hundreds of millions into their product. Stay tuned because the UFC is dogshit now with the owners and I think Bellator will only grow from here.

Strikeforce at it's prime was arguably filled with BETTER talent than the UFC in a handful of divisions. They had multiple fighters ranking in the top 10 in Sherdog's rankings, despite the stigma of "not fighting in the UFC." They put women's MMA on the map and had a legitimate shot of overtaking UFC as the best MMA organization on the planet before the Sharks owners decided they didn't want to play in the MMA game anymore and sold to the UFC. They also came were around the peak popularity for MMA.

Bellator isn't even close.

No, Strikeforce had better talent, but its getting closer

This investment from DAZN is really big news. Pumping $20 million into your product through a streaming deal is amazing. That means you have a product that people want to watch and are willing to pay for the right to broadcast it. Clearly they’re doing something right. I don’t think SF ever had a broadcast partner paying money like this for broadcast rights. Having a broadcast deal is official and puts them right up there with other sports leagues and out of the realm of “rinky dink mma league” like PFL or something. Think about it, they’ll be on DAZN across Europe right next to all of the top soccer leagues in the world. Casual German fan is looking for Champions league and sees a Bellator fights and checks it out. Plenty of potential to grow through this thing.

Dude you’re acting like Bellator has been bought out like Strikeforce was and all the fighters have tried and failed in the UFC. How are you gonna compare Bellator champs and SF champs when all the SF fighters were merged into UFC and had a chance to compete when Bellator didn’t? That’s just silly. Now if Bellator merged into UFC today, I GUARANTEE there would be some champs from Bellator. Ruth, Fortune, and Pico. Those guys can all be UFC champs. So no idea what you’re talking about.

Do u even Strikeforce?

Bellators divisions have always been weak the fact that they are getting crushed by ufc guys proves that.

Do u even Strikeforce?

Bellators divisions have always been weak the fact that they are getting crushed by ufc guys proves that.
Of course I SF. SF was dope. But Bellator has some straight killers too. Bellator would go into UFC and wreck shop too. Don’t sleep.

What does Will Brooks say?

0-3 in his last 3 ufc fights

but back to winning ways in PFL.

lmao.

So far Bellator has Eddie Alverez and Will Brooks.

Am i missing anyone?

No.

Strikeforce was way better at its peak than Bellator is.

Well run. Good promotion.
Scheduled events.

Coker doesn't run all of Bellator like he did Strikeforce & you can tell.

The CARANO/CYBORG New York Times Square promotion & fight is just 1 thing Strikeforce did that Bellators never matched in promotion.

Last edited:
Agree to disagree
Strikeforce had a lot more exposure when MMA was hot

I guess we shall because I definitely interacted with numerous casuals who knew Bellator but not Strikeforce.

Strikeforce had a superior HW division than the UFC at one point, arguably at least. No division in Bellator is remotely close to its UFC counterpart.

No way. When I first got into watching mma I liked Strikeforce more than the UFC. I really started watching the UFC after the acquisition.

Bellator has some good fighters but at this point it’s the UFC reject league + a few really good Bellator natives......and the remainder being mediocre fighters whose fights I don’t watch after they start clinching in the first 30 second because you know it’s going to be a boring 15 minute decision.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back