Has Bellator surpassed Strikeforce at its peak?

Martialarts123

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you think Bellator’s recent signings and distribution deal make it a better promotion than Strikeforce? If not, what will it take for Bellator to be better then Strikeforce ever was?

No because Strikeforce fighters became champions in the UFC

UFC fighters become champions in Bellator........

I feel that not yet but it’s about to. Let’s see how these gran prix’s go. They need to establish a new hw champ as well. But they are definitely on their way.

Bellator needs to get to that point where every card makes you want to watch it. They need better matchmaking sincerely. They have enough talent now.

I see you Rich!

Last edited:
Not even fucking close! Anyone who thinks it is, is just being hopeful

Not yet but Coker is doing one hell of a great job

not even close to strikeforce. strikeforce was just way better. I dont know if it was because there wasnt that many events back then or what.

also Dazn is not even a close comparison to SHowtime. People actually watch showtime.

nobody is signing up for dazn with their european boxing and bellator. people are barely watching bellator when it's free, who;s gonna pay for it?

Do you think Bellator’s recent signings and distribution deal make it a better promotion than Strikeforce? If not, what will it take for Bellator to be better then Strikeforce ever was?
No, because Strikeforce was filled with young fighters in their prime. There is some promising talent in Bellator and some rising stars, but the bulk of the salaries go to a buncha old men fighting several weight classes above their peak years.

Interesting Q
But it seemed like a lot more casuals were aware of SF than they are Bellator

No, because Strikeforce was filled with young fighters in their prime. There is some promising talent in Bellator and some rising stars, but the bulk of the salaries go to a buncha old men fighting several weight classes above their peak years.
.... who made their names in the UFC.

Strike force guys came to UFC and started winning belts.

No, not as far as talent goes. The Strikeforce talent was equal too if not above the UFC's. Right now lower/mid ranged former UFC fighters are beating Bellator's best.

Not imo, Strikeforce had more big names and better overall fighter, many who became champs in ufc. They had nick, shields, Melendez, lawler, Cormier, rockhold, jacare, Romero, Ronda etc

Apparently not since ts doesn't even know where to post lol

No, not as far as talent goes. The Strikeforce talent was equal too if not above the UFC's.

This is just stupid. SF had equal top end talent at HW (probably better), MW and LW. But the UFC had a much much deeper talent pool and far better LHWs and WWs. All around it was not even close. The depth was not even close

They are getting closer but no. Strikeforce had it all, the challenger series was awesome way to distinguish the cards. At the end of strikeforce, every division matched up well with the ufc(less divisions tho) You cant say that about bellator at this time.

This is just stupid. SF had equal top end talent at HW (probably better), MW and LW. But the UFC had a much much deeper talent pool and far better LHWs and WWs. All around it was not even close. The depth was not even close
I wouldnt say it was that far off but you make a good point about LHW, i cant remember anyone other than dan henderson and mike kyle

Back