Has Bellator surpassed Strikeforce at its peak?

Bellator seems to be on a better path. Strikeforce while they were going were doing well with their roster and their fights but were headed for a crash. Because of the CBS fights there was of course more buzz among casuals about Strikeforce. I know guys who watched a lot of Strikeforce but hardly any at all of Bellator. Bellator I don't feel has surpassed Strikeforce at it's peak but they seem to feel good about where they are and continuing to do business as they have.

I enjoy Bellator but when you book Rampage vs Wand 4 because you need the viewers there is work to be done.

Do you think Bellator’s recent signings and distribution deal make it a better promotion than Strikeforce? If not, what will it take for Bellator to be better then Strikeforce ever was?
fVVR3pc.jpg

DAZN from my understanding is only available in a handful of countries, and isn't even that well-known.
The boxing will change a lot, at least in the European market. That is a big focus of Bellator's, at this time, especially the UK, which probably will see a significant viewship bc of the English boxing. I wasn't sure on that piece, but after looking into it, that seems to be the case. But, as I said, if they want a decent American audience, they need a network deal.

No because Strikeforce fighters became champions in the UFC

UFC fighters become champions in Bellator........
Kind of a flawed argument, many of them attained that after Strikeforce folded. So Bellator would likely need to fold before we'd ever see how many bellator guys hang at the top of the ufc outside them randomly sniping guys like Alvarez.

Kind of a flawed argument, many of them attained that after Strikeforce folded. So Bellator would likely need to fold before we'd ever see how many bellator guys hang at the top of the ufc outside them randomly sniping guys like Alvarez.

I think SF was both bigger & better, but you are 100% correct.
Bellator has some good young fighters that can make waves in a few years.
That does not mean they are now!

No, not even close IMO....The only homegrown talent Bellator promotes is Michael Chandler, they have no interest in promoting anyone else.

Scott Coker era Bellator hasn't created a single new star, fucking frustrating as hell. Even Bjorn himself stopped promoting Alvarez in 2012/13. Bellator hasn't created a single star since 2012.

At least Strikeforce created and promoted their own talent- Rockhold, Cormier, Woodley, Melendez, Jacare, King Mo, Rousey, Tate, Cyborg, etc.

And they also had a better roster of established talent that were far closer to their prime- Nick Diaz, Hendo, Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, etc.

It's probably Viacom that's causing all their problems, they need to fuck off and let them run their own company.

No, not even close IMO....The only homegrown talent Bellator promotes is Michael Chandler, they have no interest in promoting anyone else.

Scott Coker era Bellator hasn't created a single new star, fucking frustrating as hell. Even Bjorn himself stopped promoting Alvarez in 2012/13. Bellator hasn't created a single star since 2012.

At least Strikeforce created and promoted their own talent- Rockhold, Cormier, Woodley, Melendez, Jacare, King Mo, Rousey, Tate, Cyborg, etc.

And they also had a better roster of established talent that were far closer to their prime- Nick Diaz, Hendo, Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, etc.

It's probably Viacom that's causing all their problems, they need to fuck off and let them run their own company.
Strikeforce also hated Jake Shields and tried to feed him to Hendo to only have that backfire on them

The boxing will change a lot, at least in the European market. That is a big focus of Bellator's, at this time, especially the UK, which probably will see a significant viewship bc of the English boxing. I wasn't sure on that piece, but after looking into it, that seems to be the case. But, as I said, if they want a decent American audience, they need a network deal.

I follow some boxing forums and from I what I gather DAZN won't be much to disrupt the UK market. The UK already is entrenched with 2 providers (BT and Sky) for boxing and a third one isn't going to sweep people off their feet. I don't know if Hearn's DAZN fights will stay on DAZN or get simulcast on Sky, but as long as DAZN doesn't have the top English soccer league matches they won't make a dent. Whether UK fans buy into a service or not, is entirely dependent on football coverage.

Strikeforce also hated Jake Shields and tried to feed him to Hendo to only have that backfire on them

No doubt about it...Still shocked to this day that Shields beat Henderson, probably one of the greatest upsets in MMA history that doesn't get talked enough about.

Every league has favorites though- UFC, Bellator, Pride, etc have all done it.

I still feel that Strikeforce was the better organization though.

lol

DC
Luke
Ronda
Meisha
Cyborg
<{cum@me}>
Idk what you think you are proving? We aren’t even comparing apples to apples as SF fighters were completely absorbed by the ufc. That isn’t the case with Bellator.

I follow some boxing forums and from I what I gather DAZN won't be much to disrupt the UK market. The UK already is entrenched with 2 providers (BT and Sky) for boxing and a third one isn't going to sweep people off their feet. I don't know if Hearn's DAZN fights will stay on DAZN or get simulcast on Sky, but as long as DAZN doesn't have the top English soccer league matches they won't make a dent. Whether UK fans buy into a service or not, is entirely dependent on football coverage.
That's pretty good insight. Didn't Hearn sign Joshua though? You don't think people will tune in for that?

No because Strikeforce fighters became champions in the UFC

UFC fighters become champions in Bellator........

Stupidest fucking post ever lmfao....

When Strikeforce was around no one gave them credit ......after the buyout ppl still thought Strikeforce guys would be crushed......nope.

Multiple guys who left bellator have gotten title shots and guess what Eddie Alvarez won the ufc title.

Bellator is not past Strikeforce tho.They are trending up buy Strikeforce had the better divisions then the UFC at one point I still can't really say that and I'm a huge bellator fan.

That's pretty good insight. Didn't Hearn sign Joshua though? You don't think people will tune in for that?

Joshua fights will be on PPV on Sky Box Office. Any talks off him fighting on DAZN is just talk, no substance. Besides, the DAZN deal implies fights need to be held in the US (16 cards). If Joshua has a stay-busy fight in the US, I can see that being on DAZN, but not his UK fights.

At no point has Bellator ever had the relevancy or excitement levels that Strikeforce brought. It just hasn't.
you could argue excitement because that is fairly subjective, but relevancy? Bellator has just signed a deal that guarantees them 9 figures. Bellator is holding multiple international events a year as well as more events per year overall. how many international events did SF hold? i'd honestly say its close to zero if not zero.

I liked strikeforce a lot, but lets be real please.

Let's see how it pans out but hey, for all the shit Coker gets he's done some pretty great things.

I kinda feel Strikeforce had more deeply stacked cards than Bellator.

Strikeforce was awesome, not a single event was boring. However, this was mostly due to the fact that their divisions were still a bit shallow with lots of mismatches going on there. They liked to cherry-pick opponents to make certain fighters look good.
Nick Diaz being the Strikeforce WW champion tells you a lot about this organization's business model and the way they used to build their stars - Diaz was never matched against a semi-decent wrestler in his entire SF career.
Bellator under Coker is like an early version of Strikeforce - at this stage they only have a few UFC rejects to rely on. Eventually they will build fresh stars from scratch and will start mismatching them until those reach superstar status.

Back