Has Anyone But Fedor....

fabricio-werdum-vs-fedor-emelianenko.jpg
in this moment (pic),i and everybody i know though fedor will retire with only the kosaka cut's defeat, .....but 36 seconds later the history change.....

Lol yes? Jose Aldo was undefeated for 10 years straight beating the best of the best in the featherweight division. also yea, Fedor never fought in the UFC and proved himself on the biggest stage, he beat great competition though such as Big Nog, Mark Hunt, and Cro Cop, other than that... nothing impressive... would've loved to seen if he could've survived in the UFC. he should've went straight there after Pride. just my opinion. I am a Fedor fan, but I wish we could've seen him in the octagon.

Agreed, pride was the biggest stage for most of this run.... I'd argue that Strike force had the strongest heavyweight division post pride. Notable UFC heavyweights in the time of prime Fedor were Tim Sylvia, Arlovski, & motorcycle crash Mir.

Last edited:
UMMM...Got a news flash for all you newbies with previous posts in this topic....

I hate to break it to you.....but Pride WAS the biggest stage in the world, at the time Fedor dominated the HW Division. The UFC at that time was primarily putting on shows in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand or Bellagio, hoping to draw a huge crowd of 5,000, if you were fortunate to feature Tito or Chuck in the Main Event, while Pride was packing 70,000+ fans in to Japanese Arenas and Domes.

I would have loved to have seen Fedor in the UFC as much as anyone but this should not ever be a knock on his legacy. The UFC was the second tier when Pride was at its peak and Fedor spent the majority of his career there. It would be like comparing Blackberry phones to Android/Apple. Did Blackberry fall off without question but for a large period of time they were the best. Times change brands change people who are on top today were not the big dogs yesterday. So when you spend 90% of your career in an era where one thing is the best how can the 10% be all that matters ?

TLDR Fedor is goat era's change UFC was not the best at the time

Has anybody ever not fought in the UFC and been considered the GOAT besides Fedor?

1- Fedor
2- Silva
3- Jones
4- Aldo
5- Conor

GSP is not in the top 5. :cool:
Conor?
Faber, Cruz, d. Johnson had a better careers than him. I would when put Condit, bj Penn, Liddell, Joanna above him

It makes him G.O.A.T with or without roids since he was competing in a similar enviroment. I don't think Fedor ever abused anything or have proof he did, the point is that it's an even playing field. His twilight years seemed to coincide when other people like Henderson, Silva, Ubereem were jacked up to their eyeballs in it..and at that point he found god, fought completely different and was coasting before that but still winning and ending his era of former UFC champs in less than a minute.

All that Pride vs UFC bullshit meant nothing. It was who had the best in the world. That's what drove Dana nuts because he didn't. I wouldn't be suprised if Dana thinks Fedor's the greatest. He was obsessed with him. Like a girl that makes up shit about you since you won't fuck her since she stinks and sleeps around. Fedor didn't need a whore around.

Also the fact the HW title has always been a hot potato. It makes the run more impressive. He's also the great pound for pound imo.

There was a 5 year window in Fedor's career where I don't think any past or current fighters, juiced or not, could beat. Red Devil Fedor G.O.A.T.

Anyone saying Fedor never fought on the biggest stage fails to understand that Pride, in its heyday, was the biggest stage MMA has seen. Bigger than anything the UFC has done since.

He is not alone, see Aldo and you can make arguments for others , however above all else Fedor is the GOAT.

Back