Has Anyone But Fedor....

What's more is how active he was as OP pointed out. He averaged 3,3 fights for over 10 years. That is fucking insane. He didn't just win those fights either, he barely lost a round for 10 years.

Anyone saying Fedor never fought on the biggest stage fails to understand that Pride, in its heyday, was the biggest stage MMA has seen. Bigger than anything the UFC has done since.
I mean you're right, but the competition was far different, plus in Pride you could get away with a lot of stuff. I'm not shitting on Fedor because I'm a fan of his as I've been watching him since he first started busting through the scene... but he should've went straight to the UFC after pride like most of the pride fighters did. why he didn't? hmm something us fans will never know. He's definitely one of the greatest to ever do it, but I couldn't ever call him the number one GOAT, I especially couldn't put him over guys like Anderson Silva, GSP, Aldo, etc.

Scariest thing is he could have probably cut down to lhw.

They didn't test for peds where he fought but if honestly believe he's wasn't a user

Fedor fought at Pride 32 held in USA most likely tested.
Both Affliction fights against Sylvia and Arlovski were held in California and we all know the California AC has caught many PED cheaters over the years. So to say they didn't test for PED's where he fought is false. He was also willing to fight Overeem if he was willing to be tested for the use of PED's of which Overeem was not willing to do as we all know he was juiced to the gills at that time.

Jones, GSP and Silva. You know, the other 3 GOATs

Jones and Silva are caught PED cheaters of which disqualifies them from even being considered the GOAT. Fedor easily #1 with GSP an easy #2. Nobody even comes close to these 2 fighters.

I mean you're right, but the competition was far different, plus in Pride you could get away with a lot of stuff. I'm not shitting on Fedor because I'm a fan of his as I've been watching him since he first started busting through the scene... but he should've went straight to the UFC after pride like most of the pride fighters did. why he didn't? hmm something us fans will never know. He's definitely one of the greatest to ever do it, but I couldn't ever call him the number one GOAT, I especially couldn't put him over guys like Anderson Silva, GSP, Aldo, etc.
If you'll recall, his management and DW are why he never went to the UFC. Sucks he was caught in the middle of that. He did ok for quite a while though, despite the fact.

Isn't UFC hw title defense record 2? Fedor defended more times than that in Pride i think.

The best are Fedor, bones jones, conor anderson silva and gsp i thibk is fair

Lol yes? Jose Aldo was undefeated for 10 years straight beating the best of the best in the featherweight division. also yea, Fedor never fought in the UFC and proved himself on the biggest stage, he beat great competition though such as Big Nog, Mark Hunt, and Cro Cop, other than that... nothing impressive... would've loved to seen if he could've survived in the UFC. he should've went straight there after Pride. just my opinion. I am a Fedor fan, but I wish we could've seen him in the octagon.

Arlovski? Sylvia?

Aldo dominate FW for many years.
Gomi dominate LW for many years.

It is extremely naive to think Fedor wasn't on some PED during Pride.

But it doesn't really speak against his legacy for that period, since he never *cheated* using PEDs per the rules.

....dominated for a decade like he did?

Does this unparalleled 10 year window make him the clear GOAT?

Strong Points:

- Never Popped for PEDs
- Often times fought his opponents in the area they specialized in and won
- No legit losses (31-1*) from 2000 - 2009
- Average of 3.3 fights per year
- 84% finish rate
- Beat #2 & #3 HWs of all time during that time
- Beat multiple former UFC HW Champs and perennial contenders
- Beat ALL of PRIDES top HWs besides Barnett
- Didn't go to UFC, but SF HW divisions was very strong

Possible Arguments:

- Fought some sub par competition in Japan
- Never fought in UFC after PRIDE collapsed
- Didn't fight Overeem in SF
- Has had a bad end of career
- Clearly lost focus/motivation in later stages of career
No one has (or will)come close to Prime-Fedor.

But be aware, you will get many, many losers trying to discredit the great one just to get a reaction.

Jon Dwuck Jones used his wingspan to duck real brawls.

Fedor's brawling style is goat.

He rarely seeks to improve position over his opponent, instead attacking freely from positions widely considered as dangerous, sometimes baiting for submissions in order to create openings.

GSP's opposition was too weak.
Condit > Alvarez
Hendricks > siver
Hughes > Mendes
Penn > Holloway
Nick > Nate
Plus gsp has plenty of other champions and top 5's he's beat
Aldo is Coner's best win and it wasn't the best Aldo.

Condit > Alvarez
Hendricks > siver
Hughes > Mendes
Penn > Holloway
Nick > Nate
Plus gsp has plenty of other champions and top 5's he's beat
Aldo is Coner's best win and it wasn't the best Aldo.

haha, you compare a division one by one? That's precious.

Back