Has Anyone But Fedor....

TheWalrusNo9

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
....dominated for a decade like he did?

Does this unparalleled 10 year window make him the clear GOAT?

Strong Points:

- Never Popped for PEDs
- Often times fought his opponents in the area they specialized in and won
- No legit losses (31-1*) from 2000 - 2009
- Average of 3.3 fights per year
- 84% finish rate
- Beat #2 & #3 HWs of all time during that time
- Beat multiple former UFC HW Champs and perennial contenders
- Beat ALL of PRIDES top HWs besides Barnett
- Didn't go to UFC, but SF HW divisions was very strong

Possible Arguments:

- Fought some sub par competition in Japan
- Never fought in UFC after PRIDE collapsed
- Didn't fight Overeem in SF
- Has had a bad end of career
- Clearly lost focus/motivation in later stages of career

They didn't test for peds where he fought but if honestly believe he's wasn't a user

Lol yes? Jose Aldo was undefeated for 10 years straight beating the best of the best in the featherweight division. also yea, Fedor never fought in the UFC and proved himself on the biggest stage, he beat great competition though such as Big Nog, Mark Hunt, and Cro Cop, other than that... nothing impressive... would've loved to seen if he could've survived in the UFC. he should've went straight there after Pride. just my opinion. I am a Fedor fan, but I wish we could've seen him in the octagon.

I still think the true GOAT is yet to be born from a mother lamb. All the GOATS have flaws bad coats, weak legs and brittle horns to name a few.

He had 7 wins against top 5 fighters, & 5 additional wins against top 10 fighters during his unbeaten streak.

Regardless of how long he was unbeaten, or how many "cans" he fought, that is what makes him the GOAT heavyweight. That is what is still yet to be matched.

he beat great competition though such as Big Nog, Mark Hunt, and Cro Cop, other than that... nothing impressive.

IMG_9434.JPG

Arlovski was ranked #2 at the time and on a win streak.

Fedor also whooped Sylvia, who was ranked #4 at the time.

Do your homework, Conor noob.

Last edited:
1- Fedor
2- Silva
3- Jones
4- Aldo
5- Conor

GSP is not in the top 5. :cool:

Lol yes? Jose Aldo was undefeated for 10 years straight beating the best of the best in the featherweight division. also yea, Fedor never fought in the UFC and proved himself on the biggest stage, he beat great competition though such as Big Nog, Mark Hunt, and Cro Cop, other than that... nothing impressive... would've loved to seen if he could've survived in the UFC. he should've went straight there after Pride. just my opinion. I am a Fedor fan, but I wish we could've seen him in the octagon.
Fedor beat the best HWs in the world so he did prove himself on the biggest stage. He destroyed two former UFC HW champs who weren't far removed from holding the belt.

The UFC HW division wasn't holding a candle to Pride at that point so saying he didn't prove himself on the biggest stage is disingenuous nonsense.

....dominated for a decade like he did?

Does this unparalleled 10 year window make him the clear GOAT?

Strong Points:

- Never Popped for PEDs
- Often times fought his opponents in the area they specialized in and won
- No legit losses (31-1*) from 2000 - 2009
- Average of 3.3 fights per year
- 84% finish rate
- Beat #2 & #3 HWs of all time during that time
- Beat multiple former UFC HW Champs and perennial contenders
- Beat ALL of PRIDES top HWs besides Barnett
- Didn't go to UFC, but SF HW divisions was very strong

Possible Arguments:

- Fought some sub par competition in Japan
- Never fought in UFC after PRIDE collapsed
- Didn't fight Overeem in SF
- Has had a bad end of career
- Clearly lost focus/motivation in later stages of career
220px-Hausziege_04.jpg

They didn't test for peds where he fought but if honestly believe he's wasn't a user

So what you are saying is, you don't believe a Russian fighter, who fought in an organization that not only didn't test, but encouraged ped use, wasn't using?

Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

Not that I care if he was. THEY ARE ALL USING.

Fedor is the goat and has been since 2005. Until a fighter goes 25 fights without losing a round and beats 7 top 5 guys during that sreak, that's not gonna change

then there is no difference, everybody were in the same conditions.
Exactly

People don't seem to understand that its not PEDs itself, its the cheating to gain and unfair advantage part.

Back