Harassment from this day forward

I equally fear that a sexual predator is walking around freely and that an innocent person is being accused of such disgusting acts. When I was younger I always believed the alleged victim because in my innocent little head no one would ever make up things like that but the reality is people do sometimes make up or distort reality to make it look like their were assaulted. Does anyone remember Jian Ghomeshi? That's a perfect fucking example of how things like that take shape and ruin a man's life.

Thas nice dear.

No one who's seen you post before had any illusions about you being smart or mature enough to handle this kind of thing

If your career didn’t pan out like you thought it would, report an uncomfortable situation that happened 27 years ago.

If you still aren’t the super star you think you should be, rat out Kevin Spacey for groping you 31 years ago.

If you are broke due to spending all your money on cocaine in California, rat out Bill Cosby for something 33 years ago that you can’t prove.

Who am I to say this is wrong?

What exactly do you guys think would have happened to these powerful men if the women reported it decades ago? An outpouring of support and strong reactions from the companies these men were all at the top of? Lol.

Fuck all, zero to no consequences for the men. If anything the accusers would be ostracized in the workplace and THEIR career would suffer.

Y'all act like our society has always been sticking up for the working class woman who gets harassed by the much richer and more powerful celebs, bosses, politicians, etc.

The internet, social media, and a progression in our society to finally not just shrug and say "boys will be boys" because it's easier than dealing with an ongoing issue is making present day really one of the only productive times to call these men out.

But sure the women are only making accusations now for fun and fame, because so much comes from it....

If it's getting old than complain about the assholes in power that couldn't make moves on women outside the workplace because they didn't have as much power outside

<LikeReally5>

A woman needs to tell her father, brothers, or uncles about these problems. If the problem isn't solved instantly she's from a worthless family.

If your career didn’t pan out like you thought it would, report an uncomfortable situation that happened 27 years ago.

If you still aren’t the super star you think you should be, rat out Kevin Spacey for groping you 31 years ago.

If you are broke due to spending all your money on cocaine in California, rat out Bill Cosby for something 33 years ago that you can’t prove.

Who am I to say this is wrong?

What tangible benefits do you think these accusers are getting?

Fame? I don't a single person who can name one.

Money? Haven't heard of any pay outs...

Their careers taking off? Nope.

I legit don't get what page your on with this.

It seems as if no one on sherdog understands how being sexually harassed/assaulted works. It's very common for the victim to not say anything for years, if they even say anything at all. There's plenty of victims out there who talk about it much later in life without the intention of fame/money or punishment of the accused, but to just get over their trauma.

Breaking news: i'm no neuroscientist, but humans dig attention. I know of no person who doesn't like that pat on the back

What exactly do you guys think would have happened to these powerful men if the women reported it decades ago? An outpouring of support and strong reactions from the companies these men were all at the top of? Lol.

Fuck all, zero to no consequences for the men. If anything the accusers would be ostracized in the workplace and THEIR career would suffer.

Y'all act like our society has always been sticking up for the working class woman who gets harassed by the much richer and more powerful celebs, bosses, politicians, etc.

The internet, social media, and a progression in our society to finally not just shrug and say "boys will be boys" because it's easier than dealing with an ongoing issue is making present day really one of the only productive times to call these men out.

But sure the women are only making accusations now for fun and fame, because so much comes from it....

If it's getting old than complain about the assholes in power that couldn't make moves on women outside the workplace because they didn't have as much power outside
Look at the Jeffrey Tambor harassment allegations and tell me something doesn't smell right to you...

His first harassment allegations in his entire career come from two trannies when he's 73 years old, after 4 entire seasons on a show about a transgender person?

He could very well indeed be guilty, but you're lying to yourself if you think just becuase someone screams "sexual assault" and therefore it's true.

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-55362.html

^ Link goes to story about a couple of 19 year old chicks who cried "sexual assault", not knowing they were being filmed in the cab and caught red handed making shit up

Women have never done anything wrong. Nope, never.

<{vega}>

I had never heard of Rose McGowan until like a few weeks ago. Also, she is now making personal appearances and I am sure she gets paid for these.

As for the other women, I rarely watch TV but the few times I have flipped through the channels I have seen several of these women on shows doing interviews. Being on mainstream shows does give them fame, not to the level of 1980's Sylvester Stallone but it is good attention for their egos. You can also be they are getting money for interviews.

To go from being no one and having no job to giving interviews on shows like Entertainment Tonight, I would say is a huge takeoff.

I had never heard of Rose McGowan until like a few weeks ago. Also, she is now making personal appearances and I am sure she gets paid for these.

As for the other women, I rarely watch TV but the few times I have flipped through the channels I have seen several of these women on shows doing interviews. Being on mainstream shows does give them fame, not to the level of 1980's Sylvester Stallone but it is good attention for their egos. You can also be they are getting money for interviews.

To go from being no one and having no job to giving interviews on shows like Entertainment Tonight, I would say is a huge takeoff.

Rose McGowan is already a succesful and famous actress whether you know her or not. I would bet money she isn't being paid to talk about being assaulted. She's already rich and that would be terrible PR. Bad assumption imo.

You think ET cuts checks to everyone they interview? Again, you're jumping to assumptions with no idea if it's actually true. That's often not how entertainment journalism works.

A handful of all these women doing one off interviews about an ugly topic is huge jump off ? LOL How so? People are going to be asking them for autographs or something? Literally no one remembers who these women are after the commercial break, no one can name one who isn't already a Mike or tv star. That's not even relatively fame....

My give a fuck meter is pinned to zero at this point with new allegations coming out every day. It's 100% he said/she said, it's all way past the statute of limitations, and I really don't think we should be punishing people today for stuff someone claims happened 30 years ago. I'm not saying they are lying, but nobody knows how offended these women were or were not. All we know is that they didn't say shit about it until it was fashionable.

I'm all for professionalism in the workplace and nobody should have to be harassed so let's get these allegations out there now. We can let public shame be the punishment for the accused assuming they did it...but we won't fire them assuming they didn't do it....basically hedging our bets. And let's take this time to also focus on the fact that women have to come forward immediately if they are assaulted or harassed. Not only can we then properly punish the accused but we can prevent future victims.

New rule is society has a responsibility to listen and act when there are allegations. And women have a responsibility to call It out in a timely manner or forever hold their peace.

I think each case is needs to be looked at individually. They are not all necessarily equal.

I'm in on this. Do what you want, shame people if they act like creeps, but no legal consequences unless they touch you. Let the free market decide.

Back