Harassment from this day forward

kahiljabroni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
My give a fuck meter is pinned to zero at this point with new allegations coming out every day. It's 100% he said/she said, it's all way past the statute of limitations, and I really don't think we should be punishing people today for stuff someone claims happened 30 years ago. I'm not saying they are lying, but nobody knows how offended these women were or were not. All we know is that they didn't say shit about it until it was fashionable.

I'm all for professionalism in the workplace and nobody should have to be harassed so let's get these allegations out there now. We can let public shame be the punishment for the accused assuming they did it...but we won't fire them assuming they didn't do it....basically hedging our bets. And let's take this time to also focus on the fact that women have to come forward immediately if they are assaulted or harassed. Not only can we then properly punish the accused but we can prevent future victims.

New rule is society has a responsibility to listen and act when there are allegations. And women have a responsibility to call It out in a timely manner or forever hold their peace.

Patrice_idkat.gif

This type of stuff belongs on TMZ. It's all tabloid bullshit.

I agree with some exception.

I just disagree with your call to "take action" on allegations. This type of reaction is the problem. These women are reckless with these allegations because they can be. The burden of proof is not on the accused. Its on the accuser. People are losing their jobs/ careers etc. Surely these...mostly men deserve a chance to defend themselves. especially when there is absolutely no proof of wrong doing other than a story.

Most of these allegations won't enter the legal system. It's mostly just shaming and if you're on a show with women as the target audience, you're in trouble

Guys like Louis C.K. will be fine because most of his fans are dudes and we don't give a fuck if he beats off in front of some women.

We'll think it's kinda weird but it won't stop us from continuing to be a fan

I agree. From now on, all allegations that don't meet the following criteria will be instantly dismissed:

1. Did the alleged act happen within 24 hours of it being reported?

2. Was it reported first through the proper channels (HR, law enforcement, etc)?

That's it. From now on, any allegation from years ago that was first reported on social media rather than law enforcement is officially a lie and should be treated as such by the general public.

Victims have a responsibility to report this behavior as soon as it happens, and if they don't, then they are ALLOWING the perpetrators to continue to victimize others in the future. So if you really were a victim 30 years ago and didn't report it. SHAME ON YOU. That's right, I'm SHAMING THE VICTIM. I know it's hard, I know you were scared there could be a backlash, but you allowed those fears to keep you from doing the right thing, and as a result, more people were victimized, and YOU bear a share of that responsibility. Don't complain about the pervs when you did nothing to help keep them off the streets.

If the women are proven wrong and deceptive they should do serious time. There needs to be a line drawn in the sand to stop this shit, sexual assault is going to be eye contact pretty damn soon.

If the women are proven wrong and deceptive they should do serious time. There needs to be a line drawn in the sand to stop this shit, sexual assault is going to be eye contact pretty damn soon.

I would think they should do the time that the accused would have done if he were proven guilty.
seems fair. but it'll never happen. females have no accountability in this country's judicial system.

I would think they should do the time that the accused would have done if he were proven guilty.
seems fair. but it'll never happen. females have no accountability in this country's judicial system.
Hell it doesn't even need to be serious time. Even 6 months in prison would be enough to make most women think twice before making shit up.

Of course people will say victims wouldn't come forward out of fear that they could end up losing the case and going to jail...

Of course people will say victims wouldn't come forward out of fear that they could end up losing the case and going to jail...
Which is dumb because a victim not being believed is not the same as someone being proven, with evidence, to be lying about rape

I agree. From now on, all allegations that don't meet the following criteria will be instantly dismissed:

2. Was it reported first through the proper channels (HR, law enforcement, etc)?

That's it. From now on, any allegation from years ago that was first reported on social media rather than law enforcement is officially a lie and should be treated as such by the general public.

Victims have a responsibility to report this behavior as soon as it happens, and if they don't, then they are ALLOWING the perpetrators to continue to victimize others in the future. So if you really were a victim 30 years ago and didn't report it. SHAME ON YOU. That's right, I'm SHAMING THE VICTIM. I know it's hard, I know you were scared there could be a backlash, but you allowed those fears to keep you from doing the right thing, and as a result, more people were victimized, and YOU bear a share of that responsibility. Don't complain about the pervs when you did nothing to help keep them off the streets.

That’s not a good policy. You’re doubling down on what you say is the blame worthy conduct of an alleged victim. You’re saying their silence left a rapist on the street. Ok. But then you’re saying dismiss their allegations if they make them outside of your narrow framework? That’s still leaving the perp on the street.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

I hear ya but 24hours?

If they got Cosby'd that's not enough time for the roofies to wear off

I don't really get the reaction, aside from a natural frustration with repetitive narratives saturating news media. If you've hurt someone, and they take time to come forward, it doesnt make you less guilty. If you use position of authority to threaten the career progression of a subordinate, it's sort of natural that an immediate report wouldn't be filed.

I think this whole thing is losing steam as the reports start to drift into the realm of failed hookup attempt, but it's never going to be the case that a threatened person taking time to report a threat limits the legitimacy of her claim.

Which is dumb because a victim not being believed is not the same as someone being proven, with evidence, to be lying about rape

right but females play the victimhood so well they will just lump it altogether and say this will prevent legit rape/assault cases from being reported. and they win

I don't really get the reaction, aside from a natural frustration with repetitive narratives saturating news media. If you've hurt someone, and they take time to come forward, it doesnt make you less guilty. If you use position of authority to threaten the career progression of a subordinate, it's sort of natural that an immediate report wouldn't be filed.

I think this whole thing is losing steam as the reports start to drift into the realm of failed hookup attempt, but it's never going to be the case that a threatened person taking time to report a threat limits the legitimacy of her claim.

I disagree. If you did something wrong, it's just as wrong today as it will be in 10 years, therefore, the victim should report it today.

The problem with allowing them to wait years before reporting it is that it becomes insanely difficult to find any evidence. It's all just he said/she said at that point.

There's a sherdogger and I can't recall his name, but he told this story about a girl that accused him of assault. Thankfully, there was security footage that showed her following him into a room and then him leaving the room like 10 seconds later, which wasn't enough time for him to have perpetrated all of the acts that she accused him of. So he was cleared. But if she made these accusations 20 years later, that security footage would be long gone. And he wouldn't even remember the details of the encounter well enough to lead investigators to any evidence that would clear him. The accused is basically fucked when the allegations are brought forth so many years later.

There has to be a time limit.

Back