Harassment from this day forward

I agree with some exception.

I just disagree with your call to "take action" on allegations. This type of reaction is the problem. These women are reckless with these allegations because they can be. The burden of proof is not on the accused. Its on the accuser. People are losing their jobs/ careers etc. Surely these...mostly men deserve a chance to defend themselves. especially when there is absolutely no proof of wrong doing other than a story.

By take action I mean gather evidence, not just fire the accused. That could mean looking for witnesses, hidden microphone, confronting the guy who is acting out of line before it escalates, etc etc.

By take action I mean gather evidence, not just fire the accused. That could mean looking for witnesses, hidden microphone, confronting the guy who is acting out of line before it escalates, etc etc.

agreed.

We shouldn't punish crimes that happened 30 years ago?

Did you know there are many many open cold cases with both official detectives and amateur citizen detectives still working on it. Like the Zodiac killer. They are still trying to find out who he is. There are many mysteries and crimes which happened hundreds of years ago that people are still trying to solve.

Should we put a time limit on how long you can wait before pressing charges? You do the crime, you do the time. If there is sufficient evidence, then we need to press charges and arrest them. However, most of these are as you say "he say she say". Without sufficient evidence, the DA is not going to do anything. Unfortunately, there's no law about false accusation otherwise we wouldn't have so many prank calls to 911. We don't want to "discourage" people from snitching etc.

So there you have it. Wolf crying is here to stay and cops are still going to investigate on old cold cases.

Patrice_idkat.gif

One of the all time GOAT first responses.

The problem to me is people lumping every accusation and incident together. Which TS is doing TBH. They aren't all the same and we can't treat them all the same.

So we have guys in bands who are in their early 20s having sexual conversations with 16 year old fans online and that becomes just as bad as Bill Cosby raping people the way some people talk about it.

What exactly do you guys think would have happened to these powerful men if the women reported it decades ago? An outpouring of support and strong reactions from the companies these men were all at the top of? Lol.

Fuck all, zero to no consequences for the men. If anything the accusers would be ostracized in the workplace and THEIR career would suffer.

Y'all act like our society has always been sticking up for the working class woman who gets harassed by the much richer and more powerful celebs, bosses, politicians, etc.

The internet, social media, and a progression in our society to finally not just shrug and say "boys will be boys" because it's easier than dealing with an ongoing issue is making present day really one of the only productive times to call these men out.

But sure the women are only making accusations now for fun and fame, because so much comes from it....

If it's getting old than complain about the assholes in power that couldn't make moves on women outside the workplace because they didn't have as much power outside

And how would you know how long it takes for foodies to wear off

We shouldn't punish crimes that happened 30 years ago?

Did you know there are many many open cold cases with both official detectives and amateur citizen detectives still working on it. Like the Zodiac killer. They are still trying to find out who he is. There are many mysteries and crimes which happened hundreds of years ago that people are still trying to solve.

Should we put a time limit on how long you can wait before pressing charges? You do the crime, you do the time. If there is sufficient evidence, then we need to press charges and arrest them. However, most of these are as you say "he say she say". Without sufficient evidence, the DA is not going to do anything. Unfortunately, there's no law about false accusation otherwise we wouldn't have so many prank calls to 911. We don't want to "discourage" people from snitching etc.

So there you have it. Wolf crying is here to stay and cops are still going to investigate on old cold cases.

Murder is different. The victim cannot report it themselves, therefore we can't have a time period where we can expect them to do it. But with harrassment, there is a victim that has the ability to report it before others are victimized, and they have a responsibility to do so.

What exactly do you guys think would have happened to these powerful men if the women reported it decades ago? An outpouring of support and strong reactions from the companies these men were all at the top of? Lol.

Fuck all, zero to no consequences for the men. If anything the accusers would be ostracized in the workplace and THEIR career would suffer.

Y'all act like our society has always been sticking up for the working class woman who gets harassed by the much richer and more powerful celebs, bosses, politicians, etc.

The internet, social media, and a progression in our society to finally not just shrug and say "boys will be boys" because it's easier than dealing with an ongoing issue is making present day really one of the only productive times to call these men out.

But sure the women are only making accusations now for fun and fame, because so much comes from it....

If it's getting old than complain about the assholes in power that couldn't make moves on women outside the workplace because they didn't have as much power outside

With Cosby I can understand, because he was so powerful and it was in the 70's and 80's when these accusations might not have been taken seriously.

But with Louis CK, or Harvey Weinstein, they should have reported it immediately. The offenses occured relatively recently, in the era where harrassment claims are taken seriously. They could have been punished after the first incident. if I were the 5th or 6th victim, I'd be very angry at the 1st or 2nd victims.

The problem to me is people lumping every accusation and incident together. Which TS is doing TBH. They aren't all the same and we can't treat them all the same.

Tell that to the media. A guy grabbing a girl's butt and a guy jerking off on a girl are one and the same thing to them.

Lol typical victim shaming. Never change sherdog.

Murder is different. The victim cannot report it themselves, therefore we can't have a time period where we can expect them to do it. But with harrassment, there is a victim that has the ability to report it before others are victimized, and they have a responsibility to do so.

With Cosby I can understand, because he was so powerful and it was in the 70's and 80's when these accusations might not have been taken seriously.

But with Louis CK, or Harvey Weinstein, they should have reported it immediately. The offenses occured relatively recently, in the era where harrassment claims are taken seriously. They could have been punished after the first incident. if I were the 5th or 6th victim, I'd be very angry at the 1st or 2nd victims.

I get what you're saying and to degree agree but....

A LOT of people, powerful friends, in the industry who knew about CK and acted like it was ok. People who could make or break your career in an industry where it's already so hard to make it. Weinstein had a ton of PIs/paid goons on retainer to deal with those he assaulted if they spoke up. I don't think it's was that easy to speak up. People did speak about it, people knew, no one did much.

somebody rapes me. im telling on em.
like within the hour.

Back