Had a MayMac moment playing tennis

I've defeated you in the same way others have; namely, by showing that you (a) wrongly predicted the outcome of the fight (b) based on faulty reasoning, and then (c) shifted to who cares if Conor lost because MMA is so bitchin'. The issue is transparent. The evidence is that you seem to be alone in this ridiculous thread.

Advanced degrees in rhetoric and linguistics! ROTFLMAO.
Wrong as usual...and defeated your laughable grammar argument with a yawn and now you've scurried on to something else in error once again...*yawn*

I'd say you're defeating yourself. Note the correct use of the reflexive pronoun.
Ahh a second comment. Hard evidence that you are SHOOK

The ol' reflexive pronoun angle again? LOL...I'm still waiting for you to overcome my response the first time you brought it up...but you are scurrying in circles now it seems. I believe Shakespeare would say you have been trapped "in a nutshell"...tee hee

The ol' reflexive pronoun angle again? LOL...I'm still waiting for you to overcome my response the first time you brought it up...but you are scurrying in circles now it seems. I believe Shakespeare would say you have been trapped "in a nutshell"...tee hee
"Overcome" your response? "tee hee"? WTF?

Seriously, is there anybody reading your baloney that isn't just shaking their head in bewilderment?

"Overcome" your response? "tee hee"? WTF?

Seriously, is there anybody reading your baloney that isn't just shaking their head in bewilderment?
You've been forum strangled and are now just waking up wondering what happened

You've been forum strangled and are now just waking up wondering what happened
Another vacuous post. Speaking of posts, you've spewed 3371 messages since Aug 2016. Seriously? Are you proud of that? Do you think that's impressive, or pathetic?

Another vacuous post. Speaking of posts, you've spewed 3371 messages since Aug 2016. Seriously? Are you proud of that? Do you think that's impressive, or pathetic?
Thinking boxing is fighting is vacuous

I didn't think MMA was passing boxing until this fight happened.

That's when it became clear that boxing fans desperately needed this. They can't even move-on when they're given a good fight to do it with. Shit's scary.

Just rename this the "over-compensating boxing fans" forum. Maybe we can start an outreach program to get you fools some pussy.

MMA prohibits all sorts of things I would rely heavily on in real fighting.
Therefore making boxing even further from real fighting.

There is no way to argue that boxing is closer to fighting than MMA. I cannot be defeated.

I didn't think MMA was passing boxing until this fight happened.

That's when it became clear that boxing fans desperately needed this. They can't even move-on when they're given a good fight to do it with. Shit's scary.

Just rename this the "over-compensating boxing fans" forum. Maybe we can start an outreach program to get you fools some pussy.
A voice of reason emerges...a light in the darkness

A voice of reason emerges...a light in the darkness

It's weird, they're convincing themselves Conor is a defeated man with brain damage.... as he spends $100 million while traveling the globe with family, friends and a permanent smile on his face.

And as they stay here trying to convince everyone Mayweather didn't try, he didn't train, he didn't really get hit, he didn't sweat, he didn't care.... MMA fans are back to normal ready for the next event.

It's really, really telling.

Therefore making boxing even further from real fighting.

There is no way to argue that boxing is closer to fighting than MMA. I cannot be defeated.
The red herring again. Nobody is arguing that "boxing is closer to fighting than MMA". Nobody. For some reason you thought an MMA striker would beat a boxer at BOXING, and you were wrong. Then you started crying about how boxing isn't fighting, but MMA is, which is a contradiction. Both are sport fighting, neither is real fighting. So you were wrong twice.

It's weird, they're convincing themselves Conor is a defeated man with brain damage.... as he spends $100 million while traveling the globe with family, friends and a permanent smile on his face.

And as they stay here trying to convince everyone Mayweather didn't try, he didn't train, he didn't really get hit, he didn't sweat, he didn't care.... MMA fans are back to normal ready for the next event.

It's really, really telling.
I see it differently. I wasn't really paying attention to Sherdog before the fight, but at the gym we'd talk about "Floyd or Conor" and it was like "Floyd, no contest". Then very close to fight time I started paying more attention to Sherdog and listened to prediction by idiots like Skip Bayless and thought "what the hell -- are these guys serious?". Sure enough, they were serious. Then after Conor gets humiliated, there is this total rewriting of their narrative. Before the fight Floyd was "too frail" (one of Conor's more repulsive expressions), too old, too small, and Conor was going to dominate. After the fight, the fans shifted to "Conor should get a gold star for showing up, and Conor would win in the octagon".

Seriously? I think many are looking for an admission -- by those who picked Conor to dominate -- that you had to have your head up your ass to believe he'd beat Mayweather.

The red herring again. Nobody is arguing that "boxing is closer to fighting than MMA". Nobody.
Wrong

For some reason you thought an MMA striker would beat a boxer at BOXING, and you were wrong.
Prove this and you win.
Then you started crying about how boxing isn't fighting, but MMA is, which is a contradiction.
Wrong again
Nobody is arguing that "boxing is closer to fighting than MMA".

Both are sport fighting, neither is real fighting.
Conflation detected

Conflation detected
Nobody is arguing that "boxing is closer to fighting than MMA". You made that up. Boxing is a component of MMA, and is an awesome tool for real fighting, especially when fighting multiple opponents. When you are up against multiple attackers, the relative value of striking is amplified.

Did you ever fight multiple attackers in a real fight?

Nobody is arguing that "boxing is closer to fighting than MMA". You made that up. Boxing is a component of MMA, and is an awesome tool for real fighting, especially when fighting multiple opponents. When you are up against multiple attackers, the relative value of striking is amplified.

Did you ever fight multiple attackers in a real fight?
I win

I see it differently. I wasn't really paying attention to Sherdog before the fight, but at the gym we'd talk about "Floyd or Conor" and it was like "Floyd, no contest". Then very close to fight time I started paying more attention to Sherdog and listened to prediction by idiots like Skip Bayless and thought "what the hell -- are these guys serious?". Sure enough, they were serious.

Nope. You went very wrong right here. Guys like Skip will publicly believe whatever allows him and his cohost to argue for an hour.

Everyone giving Conor a chance was promoting the fight. That was the draw. It wasn't MMA vs Boxing because MMA wasn't gonna be a part of it. It was "can he do it" and seeing the unlikely.

Then after Conor gets humiliated, there is this total rewriting of their narrative.

An 0-0 amateur won rounds against the, arguably, greatest ever, and he was humiliated? Tell me more about rewriting history to fit a narrative.

Before the fight Floyd was "too frail" (one of Conor's more repulsive expressions), too old, too small, and Conor was going to dominate.

Show me more than 5 people saying this, and take out the sherdog posters who were clearly trolling. I'll wait.

After the fight, the fans shifted to "Conor should get a gold star for showing up, and Conor would win in the octagon".

He's never boxed professionally and he took rounds from Floyd Mayweather. If you think that's nothing to be proud of, you're dumb.

Regardless, you still have no point because the prevailing opinion among MMA fans was never Conor winning.

Seriously? I think many are looking for an admission -- by those who picked Conor to dominate -- that you had to have your head up your ass to believe he'd beat Mayweather.

Go find them and ask them to repent. They'll probably laugh at the fact that you never realized 90% of them were trolling.

Not much video evidence of MMA fighters winning "in a real fight" out there...oh wait

Oh Mercer

The sweet science

Did you follow mma before Conor came along? Because it's always been pretty well accepted that the Kimbo Mercer "exhibition match" was most likely a fixed match. The first half of Kimbos career was beyond shady.

Once again you're deluding yourself into thinking that an mma fight is a real fight. But even so let's take your viewpoint: closer= close enough. So against high level competition in a "real fight" boxers are what 2-2? Loses being Jimmerson and Toney, wins being Mercer KOing Sylvia and LaFever, amateur boxer, KOing Benji Radach, top 10 mma WW.
I'll take those odds

You lose.

Actually, have you ever even been in a "real fight"? I want to know, because you seem very passionate about boxing not being close to real fighting. I want to know why you believe something so idiotic.

Back