Had a MayMac moment playing tennis

Did you follow mma before Conor came along? Because it's always been pretty well accepted that the Kimbo Mercer "exhibition match" was most likely a fixed match. The first half of Kimbos career was beyond shady.
LOLLLLLLL...I like how you suddenly became serious when Mercer's abilities were questioned. TRIGGERED

Once again you're deluding yourself into thinking that an mma fight is a real fight. But even so let's take your viewpoint: closer= close enough. So against high level competition in a "real fight" boxers are what 2-2? Loses being Jimmerson and Toney, wins being Mercer KOing Sylvia and LaFever, amateur boxer, KOing Benji Radach, top 10 mma WW.
I'll take those odds
Studies have shown that MMA fighters destroy boxers in fights 99.9% of the time with a .1% margin of error

You lose.

Actually, have you ever even been in a "real fight"? I want to know, because you seem very passionate about boxing not being close to real fighting. I want to know why you believe something so idiotic.
The tears and angst of the boxing fan are so sweet

Knowing how to punch properly doesn't relate to any ruleset. If you don't know how to properly turn over your punches, you can't punch, period. If Conor actually turned his punches over, he might've at least been able to have caused a tickling sensation on the man he held a twenty plus pound weight advantage over.
The techniques that you herald may not be as effective and applicable in actual fights

Understood.
No way I'm going to read a ridiculous hissy-fit like that. You are creating red herrings more quickly than they can be debunked, so the post length explodes like an algae bloom. Try to focus on the main issue. The main issue is that you don't believe more than a handful of people actually believed Conor would win, and that this handful is just a few Sherdog trolls. Total nonsense. Skip Bayless, Mike Brown, John Morgan, Schaub, Mighty Mouse, Matt Erickson, Tyron Woodley were all picking Conor. The list of Sherdog idiots who honestly believed the hype is shocking.

He's been getting choked out repeatedly in this thread.
You can't win by running away from me, yelling "I win". I asked you an important question that you aren't answering: have you even been in a real fight? I'd like to know how it went and how badly the boxer kicked your ass.

You can't win by running away from me, yelling "I win". I asked you an important question that you aren't answering: have you even been in a real fight? I'd like to know how it went and how badly the boxer kicked your ass.
Aww look at him deflecting and scurrying

Aww look at him deflecting and scurrying
This is a typical post of yours. Deflecting and scurrying by accusing somebody else of deflecting and scurrying. I noticed you also like to repost the same shit, verbatim, in different threads. What are you even doing here?

This is a typical post of yours. Deflecting and scurrying by accusing somebody else of deflecting and scurrying. I noticed you also like to repost the same shit, verbatim, in different threads. What are you even doing here?
So...when are you going to address my response regarding the reflexive pronoun usage?

The techniques that you herald may not be as effective and applicable in actual fights

Turning your punches over is undoubtedly and irrefutably the most effective way of throwing a punch. The fact you'd even attempt to dispute this is enough evidence to suggest you've never stepped foot in a gym in your life.

Turning your punches over is undoubtedly and irrefutably the most effective way of throwing a punch. The fact you'd even attempt to dispute this is enough evidence to suggest you've never stepped foot in a gym in your life.
Sigh...but gaining the ability to actually wield a punch in the most effective manner would obviously require the striker to simultaneously be able to address potential kicks, wrestling, etc. which are not factors in the boxing ring.

To put it in simple terms, certain techniques that you currently champion and expect to be used may not be as worthwhile in an actual fight.

I get the feeling some of these Conor nuthuggers are just hired by Sherdog to drive traffic to their forums and get ad money lol.

Sigh...but gaining the ability to actually wield a punch in the most effective manner would obviously require the striker to simultaneously be able to address potential kicks, wrestling, etc. which are not factors in the boxing ring.

To put it in simple terms, certain techniques that you currently champion and expect to be used may not be as worthwhile in an actual fight.

Were you wrong in picking Conor to win floyd?

Were you wrong in picking Conor to win floyd?
Conor loses to Marcelo Garcia in a BJJ match
Conor beats Marcelo in a fight

BJJ guys know the truth...but boxers are living in the delusion that boxing = fighting

I get the feeling some of these Conor nuthuggers are just hired by Sherdog to drive traffic to their forums and get ad money lol.
I get the feeling that people can't let go of the delusion that boxing = fighting

Conor loses to Marcelo Garcia in a BJJ match
Conor beats Marcelo in a fight

BJJ guys know the truth...but boxers are living in the delusion that boxing = fighting
Lol. Can't answer a simple question. Got it.

You picked him and had a plethora of reasons to back it up.

And you were wrong.

You sound like you're not done dealing with it.

Good luck :)

I did answer it.

And you were wrong.

You poor fool. You attack what you don't understand.

All I have been arguing for is to break out of the delusion that boxing is fighting.

MMA is light years closer to fighting than boxing.

And you were wrong.

He's a garden-variety troll. 3400 posts since last August.

I did answer it.
You poor fool. You attack what you don't understand.

All I have been arguing for is to break out of the delusion that boxing is fighting.

MMA is light years closer to fighting than boxing.

This is you

Before:

After:

Back