Gun controllers- please share what laws/wordings you would like to see for effective legislation

Copy Australia.

Lots of people said the same back then.

Results speak for themselves.

I think the difference between us and the US is that according to polls 85-90% of the population were in support of the changes. This meant there simply was no market for a black market.

I think if there was some kind of sweeping gun reform in the US the support would be considerably lower and it would look a lot more like the prohibition of alcohol. You would see a lot of organised crime and not a lot of actual change.

I don't believe you solve the problem strictly by legislation but more by winning the hearts and minds of people that there are other ways. Legislation follows if and only if it is democratically agreed.

what antis want is total civilian disarmament, it's just that being honest about it would result in extreme backlash, so they have to pussyfoot around the subject and ask for Trojan horses like government watch lists and perpetual liability instead.

You pro gun guys just want to shoot children.
You pussy foot around with talk of the 2nd and pretend to be scared of bad guys.

But we all know you just want to kill kids.

(Honestly this is the image you protray)

I think the difference between us and the US is that according to polls 85-90% of the population were in support of the changes. This meant there simply was no market for a black market.

I think if there was some kind of sweeping gun reform in the US the support would be considerably lower and it would look a lot more like the prohibition of alcohol. You would see a lot of organised crime and not a lot of actual change.

I don't believe you solve the problem strictly by legislation but more by winning the hearts and minds of people that there are other ways. Legislation follows if and only if it is democratically agreed.

Did you see those stats from Fox News?

All about 70%+ more gun control.

Fox is a shit source but has been traditionally very pro gun.

As to prohibition it was a blanket ban, you couldn't get around it by doing some paperwork and avoiding bourbon. With guns you can, thus the incentive to avoid it is less .

Last edited:
Did you see those stats from Fox News?

All about 70%+ more gun control.

Fox is a shit source but has been traditionally very pro gun.
Is that like the "95% of 0.01% of the population" bullshit statistic that was being spread around a couple of years ago?

People vote with their wallets; any time there is even a hint of new regulation in the US, guns and ammo fly off the shelves.

You pro gun guys just want to shoot children.
You pussy foot around with talk of the 2nd and pretend to be scared of bad guys.

But we all know you just want to kill kids.

(Honestly this is the image you protray)
Right...because me not shooting kids totally means that I actually want to shoot kids, did you practice that one in front of a mirror first?

Is that like the "95% of 0.01% of the population" bullshit statistic that was being spread around a couple of years ago?

People vote with their wallets; any time there is even a hint of new regulation in the US, guns and ammo fly off the shelves.

Yeah all to those who will cry the loudest when the stuff they bought just before it got banned gets banned.

It's the same guys buying more and more guns not evenly spread as you seem to suggest.

Right...because me not shooting kids totally means that I actually want to shoot kids, did you practice that one in front of a mirror first?

Tell me that didn't go over your head?

Exactly how special are you?

Guns and freedom aren't the problem.
Why do you think the rest of the world has close to zero problem with school shootings? Let's take the EU, for example. Same amount of mentally ill per capita as the USA, little to no school shootings.

Serious question, btw.

He was making fun of your post.

For all the talk about mental illness the stats say guys with a history of violence against women are much, much more likely to commit a mass shooting.
This is very interesting. Any source?

Why do you think the rest of the world has close to zero problem with school shootings? Let's take the EU, for example. Same amount of mentally ill per capita as the USA, little to no school shootings.

Serious question, btw.
One reason could be that secondary and post-secondary education experiences and the teen angst and need to fit in which accompany them, don't seem to be as romanticized in other cultures.

It's about preventing the violation of the Constitution.

I keep asking and asking with no answer, so I'll ask again- At what point does gun regulation become unconstitutional?

Clearly the words "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" has a threshold for what is and what isn't infringement so exactly where is that tipping point?

Are you okay with making an exception on violating the 2nd Amendment for the sake of public safety?

Guns in the 18th century couldn't fire 30 rounds in 30 seconds. I don't think the kind of guns people used then should be illegal. When the founding fathers wrote the Constitution they weren't thinking about 30 round magazines for semiautomatic rifles.

I have 5 Swiss friends and they all own guns. What Are we supposed to adopt here?

All their guns are registered with their local PD.

They also receive training and certain classes of firearm require a license that must be regularly renewed.

Also must pass a psych evaluation.

Ban all guns outside the government and protecting important people, like hollywood stars.

Only the elite and people that serve the system should have the right to protect themselves.

I want complete gun control for people I don't trust, but I also want the people I like to be exempt. Gun control for you, right to protect myself for me.

This is very interesting. Any source?

I had a look through the website looking for the episode but I'm not finding it. It's there I'm just lazy.

Found a few links just typing in domestic violence mass shooting into google.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...omestic-violence-connection-2017-11?r=US&IR=T

Gun stats are to be taken with a grain of salt but I think it's pretty easy to just google the largest killers. The vegas guy didn't have a history of violence against women but the gay mussie certainly did.

I had a look through the website looking for the episode but I'm not finding it. It's there I'm just lazy.

Found a few links just typing in domestic violence mass shooting into google.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...omestic-violence-connection-2017-11?r=US&IR=T

Gun stats are to be taken with a grain of salt but I think it's pretty easy to just google the largest killers. The vegas guy didn't have a history of violence against women but the gay mussie certainly did.
Actually, I think the Vegas guy was abusive towards his ex-wife. It doesn't surprise me that wife/girlfriend beaters have an immensely fragile ego and are prone to lash out and lay the blame towards other people, especially women.

Actually, I think the Vegas guy was abusive towards his ex-wife. It doesn't surprise me that wife/girlfriend beaters have an immensely fragile ego and are prone to lash out and lay the blame towards other people, especially women.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Not surprising when you think about it. Considering most of them shouldn't have guns it seems like a large decrease in mass shootings could be obtained by simply enforcing the existing laws.

Vehicle registries aren't used to reclassify and confiscate cars while abritrarily criminalizing their owners.

Its not arbitrarily criminalizing its owners if your gun is found in the hands of criminals.

The right to sell is inherent in property rights. If you have to ask permission from the government to sell something, was it ever really your property to begin with?

So you are in favor of selling guns to potential terrorists and booze to minors? what about materials that could be used as explosives?

Zero regulation for all financial transactions?

What antis want is total civilian disarmament, it's just that being honest about it would result in extreme backlash, so they have to pussyfoot around the subject and ask for Trojan horses like government watch lists and perpetual liability instead.

No, the right to own guns isnt the same as the right to profit and sell guns to anyone you want, nor is a right to be reckless with them either.

Back