Gun controllers- please share what laws/wordings you would like to see for effective legislation

Guns in the 18th century couldn't fire 30 rounds in 30 seconds. I don't think the kind of guns people used then should be illegal. When the founding fathers wrote the Constitution they weren't thinking about 30 round magazines for semiautomatic rifles.
The same logic could be applied to neuter every right granted by the Constitution because the conditions then are different now. How many of your rights are you willing to see chipped away because the Founding fathers couldn't invision mass media, social media, population levels, globalization, etc like we have today?

Being able to identify and treat those mentally ill people that have murder fantasies should be just as important as any gun law.

This is kind of my issue with gun control talks. We have a serious issue with mental health here and a lot of these people were on pills. Are these pills causing this or part of the problem? I just don't want us to implement gun control and then say were good now. Implement some form of gun control if you want and in that same bill lets start looking into what these pills are doing to people.

I just don't want us to implement gun control and then say were good now.
Exactly. Especially when it's the same re-hashed shit that's been proven to not reduce crime (like magazine bans, gun buy back programs & the gun show looper-derp).

All their guns are registered with their local PD.

They also receive training and certain classes of firearm require a license that must be regularly renewed.

Also must pass a psych evaluation.
What is that supposed to accomplish? The giant majority of murders are committed by people who already broke the existing gun laws.

3. Buy back of all magazines over 5 rounds

4. If you are later found to be in possession of illegal magazines, very harsh penalties

l

What's harsh?

Would it be easier to just make the penalty for carrying a firearm illegally very harsh?

Mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years.

AA culture idolizes dudes with gold teeth that brag about raping, murdering, and slinging drugs. In 2018, those are AA's cultural heroes. Young black men want to grow up to be just like their heroes. And they do. Close to 100% of shootings in cities like Chicago. Like 55% of murders nationwide. Big elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about and just blames it on guns as an easy scapegoat.

How can you also ignore that we used to have fully automatic weapons and no background checks yet no mass shootings?

Fix the mental health treatment system to stop mass shootings. Stop babying minorities by pretending that they don't have a terrible culture right now to lower the overall violent crime rate and the murder rate.

Last edited:
What is that supposed to accomplish? The giant majority of murders are committed by people who already broke the existing gun laws.

It would mean that less guns are purchased by irresponsible owners, since demonstrating responsibility will be part of ownership, and less guns will end up on the black market since the people purchasing them will have more responsibility for the firearm.

It would mean that less guns are purchased by irresponsible owners, since demonstrating responsibility will be part of ownership, and less guns will end up on the black market since the people purchasing them will have more responsibility for the firearm.

Banning fully automatic weapons and instituting background checks didn't stop mass shootings.

When smaller magazine sizes and and stricter background checks don't stop mass shootings, what will you propose next and why?

Banning fully automatic weapons and instituting background checks didn't stop mass shootings.

When smaller magazine sizes and and stricter background checks don't stop mass shootings, what will you propose next and why?

Did I say anything about stopping mass shootings?

Im not a gun controller but raising the age limit to 21 seems like a no brainer

You pro gun guys just want to shoot children.
You pussy foot around with talk of the 2nd and pretend to be scared of bad guys.

But we all know you just want to kill kids.

(Honestly this is the image you protray)

Quoting for later.

We. want. to. kill. kids.

This is where we are, folks. Yep. He is literally too dumb to read and comprehend the LENGTHY explanations of our Bill of Rights and right to self defense or distrust of the government. Nope, nobody ever talks about that. We just want to shoot children.

There's BOB, folks.

Guns in the 18th century couldn't fire 30 rounds in 30 seconds. I don't think the kind of guns people used then should be illegal. When the founding fathers wrote the Constitution they weren't thinking about 30 round magazines for semiautomatic rifles.

Why do police need them then? Sounds like cops need muzzle loaders.

-Reinstate FAWB

-Mandatory Gun License and registry

-When technology allows it, a ballistic fingerprint database made at the point of manufacture, so that basically 100% of all guns have their ballistic fingerprint stored before they are even sold.

I guess I am kind of old fashioned regarding guns. As far as rifles and shotguns, I do not really see the need for a private citizen to have anything other than your basic bolt action rifle or pump action shotgun.

Regarding handgun magazines, I think the FAWB rule of 10 was reasonable and rational. When does a private citizen need to be able to pop off more than 10 rounds at a go?

At the end of the day though, I am not terribly bothered. If the gun lobby clings too tightly to the loose and unnecessary status quo, they may just find a day in the future they never imagined. I genuinely believe that if there are not major adjustments to gun ownership in the country, the younger generations will eliminate the issue altogether by amending the constitution.

I know we love our constitution here in the Good Ole USA. But the 2nd Amendment is just an amendment. It is not any more protected under law than any other amendment. If the Constitution could not be changed, we would still have slaves, and women would not be able to vote.

I do not think people realize just how precarious the right to gun ownership is in the US. Here are a couple things to chew on:

Roughly 1/2 of all guns in the US are owned by just 3%-5% of the population.

Views on gun restriction are partisan, but not as much as you think. Even before Parkland, 84% of Democrats and 55% of Republicans wanted tighter gun restrictions. Now both are even higher. Even allowing for the fact that this is an NPR survey, it's very fair to say that a sizable majority of the country prefers more restriction.

I'm pro 2nd amendment and feel that citizens need the right to protect themselves, but here are some laws that would not get in the way of that:
  • Illegal for a minor to be in possession of a firearm or ammunition. (Sorry take your kids bow hunting, or wait until their 18).
  • Failure to secure your firearms should be a crime.
  • Handguns should be illegal, minimum length for a firearm should be at least 3 feet, anything smaller should be a felony. There's no "2nd amendment" reason for concealable weapons.

I don't support the 21 and over laws because if you're a legal adult than you have a legal right to purchase a firearm. If they want to raise the legal definition of an adult, than I'd be okay with it.

Quoting for later.

We. want. to. kill. kids.

This is where we are, folks. Yep. He is literally too dumb to read and comprehend the LENGTHY explanations of our Bill of Rights and right to self defense or distrust of the government. Nope, nobody ever talks about that. We just want to shoot children.

There's BOB, folks.

Oh FFS. Fuck we have some retards on here.

How on earth did you miss that I was mocking the guy I quoted?

Same words, same structure, same level of integrity.

But if think after like 5 years of looking you finally found your got ya moment please quote at will, anyone with a pair of brain cells to rub together will understand what I was doing when they see what I quoted.

What's harsh?

Would it be easier to just make the penalty for carrying a firearm illegally very harsh?

Mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years.

Illegal weapons or magazine in commission of a crime 50% loading on sentence.

Not in a crime, gun licence revoked.

Thus law abiding citizens unaffected.

Wrong. Look at something like the Girandoni rifle. 20 round magazine, went into service with the Austrian Empire army in 1780. Later carried on the Lewis and Clark expedition.

Back