Gun controllers- please share what laws/wordings you would like to see for effective legislation

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
No, I'm not saying you have to go full lawyer jargon to prevent a pro 2A from yelling "gotcha!" coming up with some loophole from what you intended. I'm just asking to better state what you would like to see out of a gun control bill so that we can have better discussion between us. I'll list some examples I hear from gun controllers that leaves me confused as to what they want, and therefore less inclined to take them seriously on the issue because they don't appear to know what they're talking about enough to ever write an effective law that could possibly reduce gun crime by targeting the gun

"High capacity magazine"- What is this to you? To me, this means something like a 90+ round drum magazine. Other bills include standard 30 rd Ar mags in this. How does it apply to handguns versus rifles? The ever loving shitty bill proposed in MN defined any gun with a changeable high capacity magazine as an assault weapon and therefore banned
-But then said anything over 6 rounds was a high cap magazine thus putting pretty much all handguns into an assault weapon category and illegal. A little .380 single stack pistol many women carry for self defense as it's easy to hide even on a petite frame is suddenly illegal for her to have as she walks home from work after closing time at the diner.

"Assault rifle ban" Do you mean to stop the sale of new AR-15 type rifles with this? Have a voluntary buy back (or take) program of any existing semi-auto rifles? Send cops door to door to anyone with a registered gun? What do you consider an assault rifle versus a "normal" rifle?

"Gun show loophole" Do you actually mean the person to person sale of a firearm so long as its not a profit making endeavor? How I could sell my old shotgun to someone because I got a new better one, but Jim Bob who buys guns on sale and re-sells them for a bit more would need a license to my personal sale would be considered a background check loophole?

"Tighter background checks" What crimes that currently wouldn't flag a "no buy" result when running a background check would you like to include?

Please list your others with what you would like to see out of a gun control bill if say your big boogeyman NRA didn't exist

Hoping this can have some good discussion, education, and not result in flaming.

creating brand new gun legislation from
scratch seems like an awful lot of work

why not just do what the Australians did?
or at the very least use it as a guideline
it seems to have worked for them

The answer to this is that America has a fuckton existing guns more than the aussies did, and that would create a black market with a MASSIVE supply that would create a drastic arms imbalance between the gangs/criminals and potential victims. Think America's drug problem that the so called "war on drugs" enhanced, but with guns

Doing what the Australians did in America is simply not realistic in the slightest, and that's without the fact that doing what Australian did is full on unconstitutional in America

The answer to this is that America has a fuckton existing guns more than the aussies did, and that would create a black market with a MASSIVE supply that would create a drastic arms imbalance between the gangs/criminals and potential victims. Think America's drug problem that the so called "war on drugs" enhanced, but with guns

Doing what the Australians did in America is simply not realistic in the slightest, and that's without the fact that doing what Australian did is full on unconstitutional in America

if an island full of convicts can do it
then surely a group of fine upstanding citizens
such as yourselves can work things out

I'll save you the suspense: none of the gun grabbers know anything about guns.

Take a look at a place like Switzerland and see how we can adapt it here.

Just because the current state is shit doesn't mean we can't curb our behavior going forward.

Can we try just enforcing our currently existing gun laws instead?

Or perhaps focus on the criminals?

Any new gun control bill needs to include heavy funding for mental health. Most of the gun deaths are suicides and that is mostly if not fully a mental health problem.

1. Ban on all assault capable rifles(upgrade capability, tactical features for offensive use)

2. 5 round magazine limit

3. Buy back of all magazines over 5 rounds

4. If you are later found to be in possession of illegal magazines, very harsh penalties

5. Gun storage protocols

6. National Gun Registry

7. Gun and ammo tracking software that looks for aberrations in purchasing

8. 5 gun limit per adult(no confiscation, buyback and harsh penalties if noncompliance is discovered down the road)

9. Federal background check with no loopholes of any kind

10. Private resale of firearms, ammo, magazines illegal

What do you consider having worked for them? Their murder rate didn't drop, just the means of it changed. Are murders not a big deal when its mass incineration? Because that's what the Ausi's do now instead of shootings.

We just need to make it harder for crazies to get guns I guess.

Maybe fire LE that fucks up big time like Israel. But he bashes the NRA so I guess his job is safe.

Be nice if kids could start treating each other better and stop helping create monsters like this

Be nice if the Media would glamorize the guy who stopped the last shooting more than the shooter who kills a lot of kids. But stopping deaths doesn't suit their motives as much as actual deaths do

Focus on mental health because obviously a lot of our kids our fucked up

It's interesting that any talk of actually protecting the students(arming qualified faculty, more guards) is laughed at and ignored by even the students(ones on TV)

Limit magazines to 10 rounds. I say this as an AR10 owner.

1. Ban on all assault capable rifles(upgrade capability, tactical features for offensive use)

2. 5 round magazine limit

3. Buy back of all magazines over 5 rounds

4. If you are later found to be in possession of illegal magazines, very harsh penalties

5. Gun storage protocols

6. National Gun Registry

7. Gun and ammo tracking software that looks for aberrations in purchasing

8. 5 gun limit per adult(no confiscation, buyback and harsh penalties if noncompliance is discovered down the road)

9. Federal background check with no loopholes of any kind

10. Private resale of firearms, ammo, magazines illegal

The 5 round limit is kind of laughable due to so many guns such as rifles, shot guns, and revolvers already holding more than that with no detachable magazine. I have a .22 rifle that holds 16 shots in the tube.

Don't look at Australia. Those poor people got raped.

Look at Canada, flooded with unregistered semi autos yet there aren't as many massacres. Most shootings are gang related.

Guns and freedom aren't the problem.

If you want to look into ammunition capacity, start by compiling up to date statistics for how many bullets, cartridges, shells are expended in firearm related crimes or attempted crimes both by civilians, criminals and law enforcement before the exchange is concluded and who shot what and how much ammunition was expended by each.

Compile up to date statistics on what firearm platforms are used in firearm related crimes, or the suppression of the crime, and who used them. Civilian, Criminal, Law Enforcement. Handguns, Rifles, Shotguns.

Compile up to date statistics for how many firearm related crimes have been committed where law enforcement arrived post crime or during the commission of the crime and how many were stopped during the commission by an armed civilian. Obviously this also depends on how many stopped by a civilian are reported to Law Enforcement after the fact.

Compile up to date statistics for how many non-crime related shootings (accidents) have occurred during the time frame of your above statistical data date range.

Compile up to date statistics for how many non-crime related shootings (Suicides) have occurred during the time frame of your above statistical data date range.

Compile up to date statistics for firearm related shooting based on location. Homes, Churches, Schools, Public Spaces, Etc.

Compile up to date statistics for firearm related shooting based on location. Urban, Suburban, Rural.

Compile up to date statistics for firearm related shooting based on age. Victim and Perpetrator, if known.

Compile up to date statistics for firearm related shooting based on ethnicity. Victim and Perpetrator, if known.

Last edited:
The 5 round limit is kind of laughable due to so many guns such as rifles, shot guns, and revolvers already holding more than that with no detachable magazine. I have a .22 rifle that holds 16 shots in the tube.

If you look at all his posts, you'll notice that he wants to create the society that the people in power want.

If you look at all his posts, you'll notice that he wants to create the society that the people in power want.

He is just projecting his lack of desire and need for a firearm onto the issue.

Back