GSP: Stylistic wise Nick Diaz beats Woodley

Not taking into account Woodley's extremely high fight IQ.

TD session incoming.

Bullshit. Nick would be his easiest title defense.
RDA and Colby are both harder opponents.

GSP is right.

I mean, if Nick can choke out his girlfriend, he can surely beat up Woodley

rda would be woodley's worst matchup but he lacks size to compete so he would get brutally ko'd by woodley. same with diaz except he loses a decision.

Style-wise Woodley doesn't have the fight IQ to use his wrestling consistently. Look at the Wonderboy fights and how easy it was to get a takedown when he tried. Then he just stopped trying and let himself get outstruck.

Any round he doesn't take Diaz down in he's losing based on volume of strikes.
woodley hates to wrestle. he likes to strike cause He is infatuated with his power. that's his issue.

That's assuming he actually uses his wrestling. How many takedown attempts has he made in his last 7 fights? 3.... in a total of 23 rounds.

He doesn't take guys down, hasn't since he fought Condit. He sits with his back against he fence and waits for big shots. Rory swarmed him and Woodley had no response.

GSP has no interest in fighting Woodley because he already won the WW title and Woodley is statistically one of the lowest drawing champions in UFC history.

I wondered about this.
GSP hasn’t fought a black fighter in ages and ages.
I almost wondered if he was racist.

But your post definitely clarifies why he fights who he fights.

Assuming Nick doesn't have his head taken off, and Diaz is still anything like he was, sure.

I mean Jesus. Woodley would put his back against the fence for Diaz. No need for Diaz to cut the cage.

I'd still pick Woodley, if I were betting.

GSP is one of the most tactical and cerebral fighters to ever compete. He raises some good points. The fact that Woodley rarely shoots for takedowns means he would be eating a lot of shots.
Sorry but Georges is just trying to make his win look that much better. Most fighters do this. GSP is rightfully bias.

Sorry but Georges is just trying to make his win look that much better. Most fighters do this. GSP is rightfully bias.

? That doesn't make any sense. They were talking and GSP mentioned that Nick would be a tough fight for Woodley. GSP won easily in that fight. And he has no interest in fighting Woodley pretty much ever so why even mention it?

Even if you hate GSP as a fighter, and question his "supplementation" or even his dedication post Hendricks -- it baffles me when people question his analyzes of fights and fighters.

Style wise Woodley wrestlefucks Diaz into oblivion.

Keep ducking real opponents GSP. Maybe one of the Diaz bros or some random LW wants to fight you.
Style wise? With a fighter who doesn't actually utilize that style to beat his opponents? Oh yea sure. :rolleyes:

It is a good match up for Diaz imo.

Tyron has to get off the cage or look for TDs? He doesn't like that and is not his ideal way of fighting.

I wondered about this.
GSP hasn’t fought a black fighter in ages and ages.
I almost wondered if he was racist.

But your post definitely clarifies why he fights who he fights.

You know he prefers black girls right?

Shoney taught him how to pull them

I think he has a point. I don't think Tyron is good enough on the ground or has enough cardio to fight Nick there, and if it is a standup fight we know who will take it.

I think he has a point. I don't think Tyron is good enough on the ground or has enough cardio to fight Nick there, and if it is a standup fight we know who will take it.

Tyrone remembers to wrestle
Nick makes him tap

Tyrone wants to stand and back up, nick pressures him wears him out and boxes him up.

Nick all day

Back