GSP: Stylistic wise Nick Diaz beats Woodley

Woodley is going to land that every time? It's possible, it's always possible, but hasn't always landed it.

Look at Nickolas' last 3 losses.. Silva, Condit and GSP. All guys with great movement and made it an important part of their game.

Look at his last 5 wins, Penn, Daley, Santos, Noons, Mach.. All guys he was able to trap against the fence at all times.

Woodley will be on the cage

Takedowns? When was the last time he looked great on top of someone? The Wonderboy GnP? Previous to that the last time he went for a TD was 3 against Condit. That's his career highest, 3 TDs in one fight. The last time I saw him with a heavy wrestling game plan was against Daley and Mein, and he didn't come out looking great after 10 mins.

There is not a lot on Tyron's resume to suggest he's capable of keeping and beating up Nickolas Diaz on the ground for 25 minutes.

Tyron is also a passive fighter, Nickolas pushes the pace, against the fence.

Style wise, this is tough for Tyron, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of winning. Unless Tyron is willing to dig down and fight Diaz at his strengths, he's going to have to show something new.

Daley was an inch away from TKOing Diaz with that left hook. Diaz pressures but he relies on his chin A LOT to eat shots to get his own off. Doing that against Wooldey, one of the hardest if not the hardest hitter at WW would be a recipe for a TKO IMO. And we don't even know if Diaz is still prime either, chances are with all the partying he has been doing and being off for years he probably isn't anymore. Woodley would be the favorite with odds makers and rightfully so.

Tends to happen when you are on here for so many years, dumb ass.

Stick to anime.

So you got 8years of acting tough on sherdog?
tenor.gif

i reckon diaz comes in to throw a combo and eats a tyron power shot every time, til ko'd or decisioned

Style wise Woodley wrestlefucks Diaz into oblivion.

Keep ducking real opponents GSP. Maybe one of the Diaz bros or some random LW wants to fight you.
Someone is very, very salty

Tyrone likes to back up against the cage ,

Nick like to pressure and push forward.

Stylistically Woodley is perfect for nick.

He pressures him against the cage and boxes him up.

Watch marquart or Rory fights to see how that has worked for him before lol

So you got 8years of acting tough on sherdog?
tenor.gif
Not 8 years of acting tough. 8 years of knowing when kids like you don't know what they are talking about and feel insulted when someone doesn't agree with them.

Stick to anime.

I know people like to downplay the Diaz bros, but Nick is as legit as they come.

He has beaten huge names, he went to a decision with Anderson, he's always pushing the pace, relentless, AAAAND he's doing all that with the shittiest body in MMA.

He looks like a sack of potatoes and he KO's people like Semtex or Lawler. He fought GSP by getting in his face. Condit as well.

Again, his physique is beyond awful, and he still hangs with the best of them, and has never been broken, ever.

People like to downplay him? He's been the most overrated fighter on Sherdog for a decade now.

Beaten huge names?

Name them all. You already named 2/3 of the "huge" names on his list. A win over Lawler 15 years ago and a win over Paul Daley, a guy who's lost to almost every good fighter he's faced (much like Nick Diaz). He's been riding the wave of those two wins (and Gomi) for his entire career.

He now hasn't won a fight in 7 years and people are still trying to say he can be a champ. It's actually pretty hilarious.

GSP went full retard. if you don't want to fight woodley, that's ok, but to say crap like nick would have a chance against him is really retarded

People like to downplay him? He's been the most overrated fighter on Sherdog for a decade now.

Beaten huge names?

Name them all. You already named 2/3 of the "huge" names on his list. A win over Lawler 15 years ago and a win over Paul Daley, a guy who's lost to almost every good fighter he's faced (much like Nick Diaz). He's been riding the wave of those two wins (and Gomi) for his entire career.

He now hasn't won a fight in 7 years and people are still trying to say he can be a champ. It's actually pretty hilarious.
Your philosophy is all wrong. You have no appreciation for the art form. Which is why I can't discuss this with you.

Have a good day sir.

GSP is one of the most tactical and cerebral fighters to ever compete. He raises some good points. The fact that Woodley rarely shoots for takedowns means he would be eating a lot of shots.
He rarely shoots when he thinks he has the better striking, no chance he will stand with either Diaz bros as he knows how weak their tdd is

GSP is never right, figuring out u can lay and pray every guy you gave doesn’t make you a tactical genius

The one time he was in trouble vs Serra he ended up tapping to strikes

I agree. Nate has a chance too. Woodley is a wrestler who doesn't use his wrestling and a low volume fighter. A high volume pressure fighter with a great chin could take 3 rounds from him.

It would take one big shot from Woodley to badly hurt Diaz. And one more to put him out.

Nate can't win this fight, his chin ain't that iron.

Your philosophy is all wrong. You have no appreciation for the art form. Which is why I can't discuss this with you.

Have a good day sir.

In other words, I'm right and you can't come up with any other "huge" Diaz wins to back up your opinion that he is a world-beater.

Because there aren't any.

That's why he's not a world-beater.

It would take one big shot from Woodley to badly hurt Diaz. And one more to put him out.

If he can take Conor's power he can most likely take Woodley's.

^^^^ except I think you mean Nick.

Nick went toe-to-toe with Gomi and got his face busted open. Woodley would do far worse.

Tyrone likes to back up against the cage ,

Nick like to pressure and push forward.

Stylistically Woodley is perfect for nick.

He pressures him against the cage and boxes him up.

Watch marquart or Rory fights to see how that has worked for him before lol

Wonderboy had Woodley pressured up against the cage and he didn't do shit and he's a far better striker than Nick Diaz. And unlike Wonderboy, Diaz is very hittable and will be eating those Woodley bombs regularly.

This fight can still happen if everything goes right.

#FREEDIAZ

I think Woodly has massively under rated leg kicks, which are Diaz bros’ archilies heels (mainly Nate if I recall correctly)

Back