GSP: Stylistic wise Nick Diaz beats Woodley

Beerus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This fight can still happen if everything goes right.

#FREEDIAZ

GSP is one of the most tactical and cerebral fighters to ever compete. He raises some good points. The fact that Woodley rarely shoots for takedowns means he would be eating a lot of shots.

GSP is one of the most tactical and cerebral fighters to ever compete. He raises some good points. The fact that Woodley rarely shoots for takedowns means he would be eating a lot of shots.

Pretty sure Gsp also knows Woodley would gass hard around round 3-5 and Diaz has the chance to make something happen.

I agree. Nate has a chance too. Woodley is a wrestler who doesn't use his wrestling and a low volume fighter. A high volume pressure fighter with a great chin could take 3 rounds from him.

Style wise Woodley wrestlefucks Diaz into oblivion.

Keep ducking real opponents GSP. Maybe one of the Diaz bros or some random LW wants to fight you.

Keep ducking real opponents GSP. Maybe one of the Diaz bros or some random LW wants to fight you.
You’re boring. Stop being so boring.

Woodleys only chance is to either smother him and negate Diaz’s ground game or catch him on the feet and smother him on the ground. Either way Woodley makes it boring.

Gsp is talking with his wallet here. He clearly doesn't want to fight Woodley. If Diaz could beat Woodley that's a huge GSP payday against a guy stylistically he murders.

That's assuming he actually uses his wrestling. How many takedown attempts has he made in his last 7 fights? 3.... in a total of 23 rounds.

He doesn't take guys down, hasn't since he fought Condit. He sits with his back against he fence and waits for big shots. Rory swarmed him and Woodley had no response.

GSP has no interest in fighting Woodley because he already won the WW title and Woodley is statistically one of the lowest drawing champions in UFC history.

Style-wise Woodley doesn't have the fight IQ to use his wrestling consistently. Look at the Wonderboy fights and how easy it was to get a takedown when he tried. Then he just stopped trying and let himself get outstruck.

Any round he doesn't take Diaz down in he's losing based on volume of strikes.

tenor.gif

Nick is more concerned with fighting women on the streets for no money.

Nick would be a huge underdog and Nate would 100% be mauled. Woodley is vastly underestimated.

I never really thought Woodley had the style to beat the Diaz brothers. Sure, he's evolved a lot more as a standup fighter since his Strikeforce days, but show me when Woodley was able to play the ground game with anyone good off their backs. Even Paul Daley was threatening with subs when the two fought. If he fought a Diaz brother, he is absolutely not competent enough on the ground to play around with them. So, it comes down to whether Woodley could stay away long enough and not get gassed and battered around by the Diaz brothers on the feet. I think he would be in for a bad night with either of them. He doesn't have the conditioning or the ground game.

Stylistically Nick and Nate haven't fought in a while.

I'm not sure they're even pro-athletes anymore.

You can't just run around random shady podcasts on youtube, smoke weed, mumble some shit, and come back a world beater.

That Nick Diaz is gone. And Nate is almost there too.

At least Nick has an excuse, he was banned, Nate just fucked himself over by overestimating the hand he was dealt.

Back