GSP Hater Count

GSP "haters" are made up of very salty Anderson Silva and BJ Penn fans...

Never forget that.

Yes hating on GSP makes no sense at all seeing he's just about the most likeable and respectful guy in MMA history.

I can understand not being a fan of his style of fighting, but the type of fucked up criticism and conspiracies could only be pulled off by the 2 most embarrassing and bat shit crazy fan bases of all time. Penn and Silva fans.

The fire has been rekindled in them as of late too seeing Silva got busted for steroids, and Penn violated USADA rules by using the IV he is so very much against.

It's almost too good to be true.

All the years of conspiracies and finger pointing to no end, only to have their guys turn out to be the frauds. It's just too good.

3. Unoriginal. Can't think for himself. "Not impressed" line directly lifted from the guy who said it about him first. Repeats it back to the SAME GUY, trying to pass it off as original. Would be outwitted by your average gradeschooler in a put-down battle.

P.S. - The Katate Kid uniform is ridiculous, but I wasn't gonna go there. Btw, the inside of his Gi is pure vasoline.
I see where you hold importance in mma, though it has nothing to do with fighting, you should just stick to wwe.

Never forget that.

Yes hating on GSP makes no sense at all seeing he's just about the most likeable and respectful guy in MMA history.

I can understand not being a fan of his style of fighting, but the type of fucked up criticism and conspiracies could only be pulled off by the 2 most embarrassing and bat shit crazy fan bases of all time. Penn and Silva fans.

The fire has been rekindled in them as of late too seeing Silva got busted for steroids, and Penn violated USADA rules by using the IV he is so very much against.

All the years of conspiracies and finger pointing to no end, only to have their guys turn out to be the frauds. It's just too good.

Pretty much all of this, complete with Redhawks showing up to accent the point. The salt is real.

literally isn't even top 10 all time, way to hold a grudge about a post that didn't attack you tho, doesn't seem vaginal at all
Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night buddy. Keep up the great posting!

literally isn't even top 10 all time, way to hold a grudge about a post that didn't attack you tho, doesn't seem vaginal at all

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night buddy. Keep up the great posting!

Theres no reasonable way Stipe is close to top 10 alltime @ HW right now. His record is 15-2

Top wins

Fab (#1)
Hunt (#6)
Andrei (#3)
Roy (#6)

Overeem is barely top 10 alltime himself if that. His record @ HW is 19-5-1.

Top wins

JDS (#3)
Sergei (#6)
Fab (#2)
Rogers (#8)
Andrei (#5)
Roy (#8)
Brock (#2)

Hes beaten everyone Stipe has including KOing JDS and Struve who Stipe lost to. Both beat the same version of Andrei and Roy. Stipe beat a better version of Fab tho Fab was still the #2 HW in the world behind Cain when Reem beat him. Both fought a past prime Hunt who wasnt the same post 06, Hunt reportedly didnt train seriously in the DREAM era or against Stipe which he called a "wakeup call". Hunt wasnt ranked after the time off following Fedor but Reem still finished him in a minute. Reem has more losses but more fights and much better list of wins holistically.

Reem also has a win against Murr who wasnt ranked at the time.

Stipe has mediocre wins in SDR, Gonzaga and Beltran and Reem beats him clearly in that category too with Duffee, Buentello and Struve.

Stipe is in the bottom of the top 20 ATM, 15-20 range in terms of HWs alltime. Peak u can argue a bit higher than that. For as terrible and much shit as HW gets, historically its top 20 is very stacked and compares favorably to pretty much any division.

GSP haters are a bunch of bitches and their primary issue is that he never succumbed to Silva's constant namedropping, ignoring the fact that Silva notoriously avoided Jon Jones like the plague.

Theres no reasonable way Stipe is close to top 10 alltime @ HW right now. His record is 15-2

Top wins

Fab (#1)
Hunt (#6)
Andrei (#3)
Roy (#6)

Overeem is barely top 10 alltime himself if that. His record @ HW is 19-5-1.

Top wins

JDS (#3)
Sergei (#6)
Fab (#2)
Rogers (#8)
Andrei (#5)
Roy (#8)
Brock (#2)

Hes beaten everyone Stipe has including KOing JDS and Struve who Stipe lost to. Both beat the same version of Andrei and Roy. Stipe beat a better version of Fab tho Fab was still the #2 HW in the world behind Cain when Reem beat him. Both fought a past prime Hunt who wasnt the same post 06, Hunt reportedly didnt train seriously in the DREAM era or against Stipe which he called a "wakeup call". Hunt wasnt ranked after the time off following Fedor but Reem still finished him in a minute. Reem has more losses but more fights and much better list of wins holistically.

Reem also has a win against Murr who wasnt ranked at the time.

Stipe has mediocre wins in SDR, Gonzaga and Beltran and Reem beats him clearly in that category too with Duffee, Buentello and Struve.

Stipe is in the bottom of the top 20 ATM, 15-20 range in terms of HWs alltime. Peak u can argue a bit higher than that. For as terrible and much shit as HW gets, historically its top 20 is very stacked and compares favorably to pretty much any division.
I never said Stipe was top 10 all time, and the poster I was quoting didn't mention all-time either in the post I was referring to. Of course he's not top 10 all time, he literally just won the belt.

Miocic is LITERALLY not a top 10 heavyweight. that isn't even a joke.

Sorry but calling out salty butthurt fans is something I can only resist so much.

I never said Stipe was top 10 all time, and the poster I was quoting didn't mention all-time either in the post I was referring to. Of course he's not top 10 all time, he literally just won the belt.

That makes sense then. He mentioned alltime here so i thought that was what u were referring to. You have a great knowledge on the history of this sport and arent a new era/dumb fan, so id have been shocked if you thought Stipe was top 10 alltime.

That makes sense then. He mentioned alltime here so i thought that was what u were referring to. You have a great knowledge on the history of this sport and arent a new era/dumb fan, so id have been shocked if you thought Stipe was top 10 alltime.
He probably meant all time but the way he worded his post hinted otherwise. It's whatever, I'm not usually this testy. Been a weird day.

Anderson silva fans

They have been like this ever since Silva started his downfall

Is normal

I could never hate GSP. True top 4 GOAT and a total badass. But I can however point out his inability to finish fights or even keep us awake.

I've always considered GSP fans a bit insecure and I suppose I can understand. The thing about GSP is that even tho no one questions his GOAT status he has never really been in the running for the absolute top spot. Fedor was considering #1 for a few years. Then Anderson made it a legit argument between them two with GSP a notch below. Once Fedor and Anderson lost everyone brought GSP up to their level in terms of legacy but he was never in the discussion for actually overtaking them.

GSP lacked in fight finishing that is 100% true

But people then go and say GSP was a blanket and a humper due to him not finishing fights which is completely wrong on every level

Overall this is a good post by you and I was a bit surprised by that

Never forget that.

I came here to post something very similar. Thanks for saving me the time and effort.
I will add, these 'haters' are so scared to death that GSP beats Bisping for the MW belt, they are already trying to downplay it.
What I will never understand about people is how they 'hate' something, yet they find their way to every single thread about the thing they 'hate'.
Personally I stay away from things I hate.

Last edited:
yup, as more time passes it'll get worse. gsp does have a tainted legacy. from the greasegate scandal against a chubby featherweight, hanging it up when the divison is loaded with talent, losing the hendricks fight or whats this shit about being a small welterweight. he was always the biggest body in the divison. or maybe with the new usada testing he deflated like vitor a bit. we'll see what happens. if he was to pull a dominick cruz and snuff out the champ while he was away that'd be different. but its are duty as fans to remind and educate the new fans of what really went down other wise you gsp fanboys would fail to mention the little things like gsps biggest wins are against chubbed up liteweights and past his prime hughes or none of his great defenses were against the future champ after he left(he lost to hendricks)

What, did someone hurt your feelings when they said GSP wasn't the GOAT? People don't always agree. Get over it.

yup, as more time passes it'll get worse. gsp does have a tainted legacy. from the greasegate scandal against a chubby featherweight, hanging it up when the divison is loaded with talent, losing the hendricks fight or whats this shit about being a small welterweight. he was always the biggest body in the divison. or maybe with the new usada testing he deflated like vitor a bit. we'll see what happens. if he was to pull a dominick cruz and snuff out the champ while he was away that'd be different. but its are duty as fans to remind and educate the new fans of what really went down other wise you gsp fanboys would fail to mention the little things like gsps biggest wins are against chubbed up liteweights and past his prime hughes or none of his great defenses were against the future champ after he left(he lost to hendricks)
Agreed. These GSP huggers are delusional. GSP has the most overrated resume in all of MMA. his biggest wins were against LWs, strikers with no TDD, and grapplers with no striking. GSP retired when the overrated one dimensional WW division started to get well rounded. What a joke

Nah, just the standard of what defines a 'hater' has changed.

I have been characterised as a hater because I said GSP's style was dull and I hope he stayed retired, while in the same post acknowledging him as one of, if not the, most skilled MMA fighter we have seen to date and GOAT based on strength of opposition.

He's great, seems like a good bloke but WW is more exciting now than it has been in years. So I hope he stays retired. No hate.

it's probably a mix of newer fans/you reading too much into what's being written. in the hearts of all men there is a cavity, and so -- and i say this with great sadness -- a lot of the GSP hate here is just a bubbling over of the seedy, destitute hearts of all forum posters. MMA is better with GSP. if you say otherwise, put dog shit in a hotdog bun and use bleach as a substitute for ketchup and devour it.

I say otherwise. As great as GSP was he was doing the same thing every fight. I felt he was becoming predictable and stale. Obviously the fact the everyone knew what he was going to do but couldn't stop him was impressive but he was not exciting.

May I day no to the canine faeces, bleach and bun?

I keeps it real and watch out for haters personally. Whatever that means.

Im confused, are the haters of the most accomplished and most humble WW champion of all time a loud minority, or has it tipped so that there are more haters at this point?

If any mods want to make this a poll, feel free.
i'm more uninterested now than i was when he was blanketing his foes. he should stay out, his time was great, no need to come back and ruin the legacy.

Without GSP the division got way more exciting. The way Robbie makes the fights into back-and-forth wars is very rare and most posters do not want GSP to take his place.

Back