GSP Hater Count

He is teh ww goat and I had no problem with him until he called out Bisping and McTapTap. Thats when I got triggered and turned into a hater.

BREAKING NEWS: More people tune in to a GSP fight to watch him get KTFO then to see him win.

You might be right about this.

Its the Mayweather effect.

You know the fight will be conservative and boring but you just pray the snooze fest champ will finally get dethroned.

Violently.

Overrated resume
Boring fighting style
Won't rematch his biggest title challenge
Retired in the most cowardly way possibly
Can't finish fights

Now he's handpicking fights again and keeps coming up with bullshit since he's been "retired"

I'm glad people are coming to realize.

It is definitely a revolutionary moment right now where those on the fence or even those whom were ardent GSP supporters are forced to realize that his career choices should be called into question.

Especially when the guy claims to be after "what the fans want" which couldn't be further from the truth.

Is this your confession that you want some Vaseline to fuck him up the ass? Good on you. Great you felt comfortable enough to come out of the closet.

Entirely indifferent when he fought. He was great but in s rarely exciting way.

But now that I'm reading how he wants to come back every two days in the most desperate attempt to stay relevant, I can firmly say I dislike the guy.

You wanna come back , cool ok. Shut up and just do it, and be prepared for backlash if your picking fights because they're easy roads to $.
I can say that I actually like the guy (as much as one can like a total and complete stranger). He seems like a really nice guy and seems like he would be a great family man and father to his children; a caring, sensitive, kind and wanting to be principled type man. I would much rather have my sister bring home GSP than Nick Diaz, and I don't think I'm alone there. HOWEVER, that does not change the truth about his accomplishments in the cage.

We have such a hard time separating fact from fiction when it comes to fighters, owing to how we personally feel about them. Jon Jones appears to be a terrible human but an excellent fighter. Justin Wren is a phenomenal human and a so-so fighter. I am shit at both. GSP appears to be excellent at both but it does not change the fact that he had a cowardly side to him, one that made him complicit to cheat against BJ, duck all kinds of challenges and for all the reasons Full Mount Triangle pointed out and more. The Bisping call out is almost embarrassing; we were denied the Andy/GSP superfight because GSP didn't want to go up in weight but now that he sees a manageable/less dangerous task at hand, he is all good to go (same with the call outs of Conor and Nate)?

I think the whole Conor explosion phenomenon was in many ways a response to the GSP/point fighting/fight ducking era of MMA; a model taken from boxing in which you pile up wins fighting lesser opponents and then use propaganda to convince the fans that you are something you are not for the sake of profit, not truth. This model has really corrupted MMA; bled in everywhere from Ronda ducking/slandering Cyborg, Jones crushing middleweights and refusing to go to HW, no superfights, lay n pray opposed to ground and pound, decisions galore and fighting low risk/low reward opposed to high risk/high reward. A guy like Conor realized that many fans were growing frustrated with this, realized there was a market for 'anytime/anywhere' and provided a supply for the demand. He even went as far to say "there are pussies everywhere in this game". And thankfully, it seems to be paying off and now we are really starting to see more intriguing match ups, all out wars like Lawler/MacDonald and fighters being rewarded for fighting balls out/taking risks (i.e. Jones fighting OSP on short notice opposed to UFC 151).

It is fine to have legend fights but let's call a spade a spade. UFC built it's brand upon the bet fighting the best and we didn't get that consistently for a long time.

I can say that I actually like the guy (as much as one can like a total and complete stranger). He seems like a really nice guy and seems like he would be a great family man and father to his children; a caring, sensitive, kind and wanting to be principled type man. I would much rather have my sister bring home GSP than Nick Diaz, and I don't think I'm alone there. HOWEVER, that does not change the truth about his accomplishments in the cage.

We have such a hard time separating fact from fiction when it comes to fighters, owing to how we personally feel about them. Jon Jones appears to be a terrible human but an excellent fighter. Justin Wren is a phenomenal human and a so-so fighter. I am shit at both. GSP appears to be excellent at both but it does not change the fact that he had a cowardly side to him, one that made him complicit to cheat against BJ, duck all kinds of challenges and for all the reasons Full Mount Triangle pointed out and more. The Bisping call out is almost embarrassing; we were denied the Andy/GSP superfight because GSP didn't want to go up in weight but now that he sees a manageable/less dangerous task at hand, he is all good to go (same with the call outs of Conor and Nate)?

I think the whole Conor explosion phenomenon was in many ways a response to the GSP/point fighting/fight ducking era of MMA; a model taken from boxing in which you pile up wins fighting lesser opponents and then use propaganda to convince the fans that you are something you are not for the sake of profit, not truth. This model has really corrupted MMA; bled in everywhere from Ronda ducking/slandering Cyborg, Jones crushing middleweights and refusing to go to HW, no superfights, lay n pray opposed to ground and pound, decisions galore and fighting low risk/low reward opposed to high risk/high reward. A guy like Conor realized that many fans were growing frustrated with this, realized there was a market for 'anytime/anywhere' and provided a supply for the demand. He even went as far to say "there are pussies everywhere in this game". And thankfully, it seems to be paying off and now we are really starting to see more intriguing match ups, all out wars like Lawler/MacDonald and fighters being rewarded for fighting balls out/taking risks (i.e. Jones fighting OSP on short notice opposed to UFC 151).

It is fine to have legend fights but let's call a spade a spade. UFC built it's brand upon the bet fighting the best and we didn't get that consistently for a long time.

We're not on a good person discussion forum, was entirely in relation to him as a fighter/promoter.

Also don't assume too many good things about strangers they're less likely to let you down.

I think a lot of the haters are people who only saw him fight the second half of his career, people blaming him for his Jacks/Wink coach putting the vaseline on him, and people who think everyone is on PEDs and he was too.

I really hope that if he is serious about coming back, he's the GSP that was hungry for the belt, because that guy was an animal. If people think he cant finish a fight to save his life, you need to check out his Trigg, Sherk, Hughes 2 +3 and Serra 2 fights. He got safe like a lot of UFC champs, especially ones that have held the belt for a few fights, which was disappointing, but the GSP that burst onto the scene and almost took the vacant WW belt in the first Hughes match was a very exciting fighter.

The ugly fight w Hendricks when he was clearly going to retire either win or lose didnt help too much with the newer viewers.

LOL, like sherdog is a good representation. Most here have a blind allegiance to certain fighters and will bash anyone else. GSP has picked up many haters during his career by beating Hughes, BJ and Diaz while picking up more in the GOAT discussions (Anderson and Fedor fans).
It's quite obvious with all the hypocrisy that goes on these boards. GSP gets hate now for picking opponents while Ronda, Anderson, Fedor, Conor, Nick Diaz have done it before him. GSP gets hate for "ducking" Anderson but not as much as Anderson "ducking" Jones. Gsp gets hate for "being interested" in going up to MW to fight Bisbing but Anderson gets praised for Fighting Irving, Bonner and Forrest at lhw.
Having said that, most legends get hate here, but it seems gsp gets the most since he hasn't "fallen" like the rest have which probably fuel even more hatred.
It all comes down to jealousy.

He doesn't take on challenges with the attitude of a true GOAT as several posters have already pointed out, so I won't repeat those, but here are two more black marks against GSP.

1. Beat Matt Hughes by kicking him in the balls ... TWICE! Shameless.
2. His has the worst accent in the world, the French-Canadian Accent. It's heinous. Like listening to retarded Celine Dion butcher the English language.

He doesn't take on challenges with the attitude of a true GOAT as several posters have already pointed out, so I won't repeat those, but here are two more black marks against GSP.

2. His has the worst accent in the world, the French-Canadian Accent. It's heinous. Like listening to retarded Celine Dion butcher the English language.
So you're stupid and a nationalist. Huh.

If I remember, one of those nut kicks was a graze and the other was Hughes stalling for time. Hughes even admitted it after the fight. The rest of your post I couldnt get through because I have to lay off the sodium.

Typical, what are you going to complain about next, his hair and clothes?

Typical, what are you going to complain about next, his hair and clothes?

3. Unoriginal. Can't think for himself. "Not impressed" line directly lifted from the guy who said it about him first. Repeats it back to the SAME GUY, trying to pass it off as original. Would be outwitted by your average gradeschooler in a put-down battle.

P.S. - The Katate Kid uniform is ridiculous, but I wasn't gonna go there. Btw, the inside of his Gi is pure vasoline.

Im confused, are the haters of the most accomplished and most humble WW champion of all time a loud minority, or has it tipped so that there are more haters at this point?

If any mods want to make this a poll, feel free.

He's a possible GOAT, Screw the haters..Next!!!

I dislike everything he ever did and stood for, but do I hate him? No. I wouldn't mind seeing him lose fights for the rest of his career, but do I hate him? No.
Just to be clear, what did GSP stand for to you? The reason I ask, if someone said that about you, wouldn't you say they hated you? This is coming from someone who respects GSP, but is not a fan, also.

Back