GSP Hater Count

I have a love/hate with him.

He seems like a nice guy in interviews but I always got the Jon Jones vibe from him that he was holding something back. He's trying his best to be flawless and a role model but it felt like he was afraid to really speak his mind to not offend people or sponsors.

My biggest problem with him was how everything always had to be in his favor. He looked at MMA like a math problem and if the odds weren't 90% in his favor, he wasn't going to do something. That meant not taking risks in fights, weight classes, etc. He literally would have submission opportunities and wouldn't take them because he would lose position. Also, despite being one of the best of all time, he completely ducked Middleweight and Anderson despite saying he's a traditional martial artist and technique beats size.

Other than that, he clearly greased in at least one fight and I'm still suspect of his body.

I do like Georges and I think he's good for the sport but he tries too hard.

if there's a fighter who deserves MORE hate, it's GSP. GSP fans have convinced everyone that not only has GSP literally never done anything poorly, which is untrue, but that he has never done anything bad, which isn't true. They explained away him getting greased up, they explained away steroid accusations for YEARS, they explained away him dodging Hendricks to fight Diaz, they explained away every single shady thing that happened to Diaz in montreal, they explained away him retiring in the ring after finally being forced to be in with Hendricks and getting away with a narrow decision, they are in the process of explaining away him cynically ducking Robbie Lawler and finally saying he's ready to come back now that there is a weak champion at MW. He was too small then, he made sure to remind us he's a small welterweight now, but it's about skill, not size.

Yet he was too small to fight Anderson Silva. didn't stop him from letting people talk about him fighting Anderson after EVERY SINGLE FIGHT to keep his name popping, but he was never going to take that fight, it was a threatening fight.

Fuck GSP. I'm sick of GSP. Go away, Leave.
looks like a bunch of nitpicking from you tbh.

They're mostly insecure Anderson/Fedor and Jones fans that are in denial about GSP being the G.O.A.T.

Always liked GSP, but didn't like how he handled his loss to Sera, and really didn't like how he retired right after (I thought) he lost the fight to Hendricks and was given the win.

That being said, there's not much to hate on. The guys awesome, and one the best to ever compete.

Gsp doesnt have many haters but his tendency to fight for decision in the later parts of his career lost him some fans

GSP has always had haters. There is not one great fighter (and especially popular fighter) who doesnt have a lot of haters.

I think GSP/Fedor/Anderson have the most dedicated haters on this site. McGregor and Rousey were getting there but their trains stopped too fast. Lets see if the count continues after their next fights.

Gsp doesnt have many haters but his tendency to fight for decision in the later parts of his career lost him some fans

People that didn't like him for getting a lot of decisions are pretty pathetic and lack understanding of what he had to deal with.

His strength of schedule was higher than any other fighter, meaning he had to fight against much harder to finish opponents.

Imagine if Fedor fought more top guys like Cro Cop(decision) and Big Nog(decisions win x2) through out his entire career and didn't have a slew of gimme fights. Not only would he have a lot more decision wins he would also have had more losses and his record wouldn't look nearly as good.

The truth is that GSP fought and won against more top fighters than any other fighter in all of MMA, for that reason alone he is the GOAT. This is coming from a huge A.Silva fan as well.

GSP haters should be automatically banned .

if there's a fighter who deserves MORE hate, it's GSP. GSP fans have convinced everyone that not only has GSP literally never done anything poorly, which is untrue, but that he has never done anything bad, which isn't true. They explained away him getting greased up, they explained away steroid accusations for YEARS, they explained away him dodging Hendricks to fight Diaz, they explained away every single shady thing that happened to Diaz in montreal, they explained away him retiring in the ring after finally being forced to be in with Hendricks and getting away with a narrow decision, they are in the process of explaining away him cynically ducking Robbie Lawler and finally saying he's ready to come back now that there is a weak champion at MW. He was too small then, he made sure to remind us he's a small welterweight now, but it's about skill, not size.

Yet he was too small to fight Anderson Silva. didn't stop him from letting people talk about him fighting Anderson after EVERY SINGLE FIGHT to keep his name popping, but he was never going to take that fight, it was a threatening fight.

Fuck GSP. I'm sick of GSP. Go away, Leave.
This guy. ^^^

He seems like an okay guy, but if he stays retired I'd be okay with it. I don't agree with letting anyone jump the line for a title shot they don't deserve. Just my opinion tho.

So silly. That's true of every fan of every fighter. Super McG fans don't come on here and say, "McGregor is great and gonna destroy the FW division! But let me start by listing and acknowledging his short comings so as to please his detractors."
Smart people are able to make realistic assessments of things that they like.

Super McG fans are not smart.

Not a hater. Great fighter and human. Boring and safe as shit and lost to Hendricks and if he comes back to fight Bisping it says a lot about him.

I like how people think that Georges could never have touched steroids, in an era where there was clearly rampant steroid use due to lack of testing.

I'd almost even let him away with it if people were more open and honest. It's the profuse denial which really annoys me.

At least entertain the notion, but of course they won't because GSP is a saint.

as with any fighter with fame and success there will be haters trying to bring them down , why i don't know but just ignore it i know i do

I could never hate GSP. True top 4 GOAT and a total badass. But I can however point out his inability to finish fights or even keep us awake.

I've always considered GSP fans a bit insecure and I suppose I can understand. The thing about GSP is that even tho no one questions his GOAT status he has never really been in the running for the absolute top spot. Fedor was considering #1 for a few years. Then Anderson made it a legit argument between them two with GSP a notch below. Once Fedor and Anderson lost everyone brought GSP up to their level in terms of legacy but he was never in the discussion for actually overtaking them.

They're mostly insecure Anderson/Fedor and Jones fans that are in denial about GSP being the G.O.A.T.
Fedor_thumbsdown1.gif

Back