GSP goat? Lol! Remember vaseline cheat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he can't. Which is why Silva greased himself for Sonnen. It makes it far more difficult to hold the guy down and posture up as they are too slippery to control. Top CONTROL, with CONTROL being the operative word. Being slippery makes that harder.

It's great if you want to avoid grappling and to just strike, which is not at all what GSP wanted.
still better control to staty on top then be on bottom trying to do submissions tho, easier for the guy to get out of as hold.
even with grease its easier to hold someone down then it would be to be on bottom and pull off a sub.

still better control to staty on top then be on bottom trying to do submissions tho, easier for the guy to get out of as hold.
even with grease its easier to hold someone down then it would be to be on bottom and pull off a sub.
And easier still to scramble up, which is why Silva did it when he fought Sonnen, and why GSP would never have done it.

really? that's a crazy rule I never knew that before, I mean it wasn't what happened in this case it was his stupid corner man but I never knew it was legal for the fighter to rub the vas all over his body himself, I'm surprised more ppl don't take advantage of that
When Silva was caught doing it BJM weighed in and said it was perfectly fine. GSP the actual corner/cutman did it, that is illegal. But it's 100% legal for the fighter to do it.

Without the grease, GSP would not be able to "just get back up". If Penn hit him with the rubber guard, like many of his other opponents, he would be in trouble. Maybe, he breaks out but maybe he doesn't. GSP's team (assuming he is telling the truth and that he knew nothing about the cheating) screwed us all out of a historical fight and left us with a bunch of "what ifs". They admitted to "inadvertently cheating" but it is still cheating, nonetheless.

Lol BJ's rubber guard kept slipping against Uno and other smaller/weaker foes. You think GSP would be in troubles? Are you new to mma?

Here you go, from Greg Jackson -
"In between rounds, [team St. Pierre "witch doctor" Steven Friend] had this little drill that you do — and Phil Nurse is the one who knows how to do it —he showed Phil, and this is what Georges wanted, so we did that…He rubbed your back and tapped your chest; I don’t know exactly how it works. But anyways, what that’s supposed to do is get your energy in line, or motivated or whatever. So in between rounds, we had Phil Nurse do that.

The controversy came because Phil Nurse also was putting Vasoline on Georges’ eyebrows. In between rounds, you always want to put on Vasoline on (a fighter’s face). So Phil Nurse put all the Vasoline on his face, so his hands might have had a miniscule amount left over from that, when he went around the side and rubbed a little point on his back, and tapped on his chest.

At that point, somebody in the audience thought we were greasing George down, and ran over and told the commission that we were greasing his body down. The commission came in and said ‘you can’t grease him down’…and Phil’s like, ‘oh, there might be a little on my fingers,’ but it wasn’t intentional at all, and of course they wiped it right off and it was gone, so it wasn’t a factor in the fight at all…"

This is not an admittal to cheating. Oh and love how you point out half a sentence in the whole article that suits your argument while ignoring the rest. You're a joke.

And easier still to scramble up, which is why Silva did it when he fought Sonnen, and why GSP would never have done it.
silvas back being greasy would make it tough and easier for him to slip away but it wouldn't hurt his chances at holding a body limb and going for a sub you know what I mean. 2 different scenarios. GSP would assume hed be on top with bj trying to work the rubber guard as he was so famous for so a grease back would help him poster out of that, arms and hands no greasy makes it easy still to hold bj down.

When Silva was caught doing it BJM weighed in and said it was perfectly fine. GSP the actual corner/cutman did it, that is illegal. But it's 100% legal for the fighter to do it.
that's a crazy rule, such a grey area I'm surprised more fighters don't take advantage of greasing themselves since it is perfectly legal as you stated

If this mistake never occurred, But really it had no impact on the fight and it was because the UFC cheaped out on cutmen making GSP corner do both.
yea for a mutli billion dollar company that was a pretty stupid decision on their part.

He greased his chest and shoulders iirc.
yea that makes more sense be pretty hard to grease your own back haha I didn't even think when I wrote that out.

Such a fall from grace man I love silva its hard to not dislike the guy after all the honor shit he always went on about to be where hes at now in his career.

This is not an admittal to cheating. Oh and love how you point out half a sentence in the whole article that suits your argument while ignoring the rest. You're a joke.
I could link the whole hearing but neither you, nor I, are going to listen to that whole thing again. GSP didn't "cheat", his team did. I get it. You may not think a little vaseline helped GSP but it wouldn't be illegal if it had no effect. That was Jackson, however, admitting that a "small amount" of vaseline may have been rubbed on GSP "accidentally". Hell, at least he admitted to it. You are defending a guy who isn't even defending himself.

That's from Steven Friend not Jackson and it says exactly what I said. Can you show me where they admit to cheating? I see them saying if there was ANY vaseline it was unintentional and immediately wiped off and not a factor.

That is not even in the same ballpark as what you said.
The hearing is much more detailed. Here you've got him admitting to "unintentionally cheating". Go wipe some vaseline on your arm and then wipe it off with a towel and see if it is not a "factor". If it wasn't a factor, it wouldn't be illegal.

Lol BJ's rubber guard kept slipping against Uno and other smaller/weaker foes. You think GSP would be in troubles? Are you new to mma?
Like I said, maybe he gets out, maybe he doesn't. We know what happened when he was greased, how about when he isn't?

No, he can't. Which is why Silva greased himself for Sonnen. It makes it far more difficult to hold the guy down and posture up as they are too slippery to control. Top CONTROL, with CONTROL being the operative word. Being slippery makes that harder.

It's great if you want to avoid grappling and to just strike, which is not at all what GSP wanted.
Sometimes, I think you are arguing just for the sake of arguing. EVERYONE has admitted that he was GREASED. It is not a case of "he didn't do it". It is whether or not he KNOWINGLY did it. You can blabber all you want to about yes/no but it is a FACT that Penn was cheated. Now, the debate is whether the "unintentional" cheating had any effect on the results or outcome of the fight. You can say "yes" or you can say "no" but you can't say the foul didn't occur.

EVERYONE has admitted that he was GREASED.
False. Everyone admits they should have taken more care to ensure no grease was put on GSP and avoid the appearance of impropriety, and that it was improper to not wipe their hands thoroughly regardless of whether it made a difference.

Everyone also agrees it was unfortunate, but did not impact the fight.

The hearing is much more detailed. Here you've got him admitting to "unintentionally cheating". Go wipe some vaseline on your arm and then wipe it off with a towel and see if it is not a "factor". If it wasn't a factor, it wouldn't be illegal.
Then quote it so I can see what you are talking about. If you can't source it, then don't say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back