GSP beats Whitaker- is he then the GOAT?

TS those who do not consider him GOAT now will not be swayed by the Whitaker fight.

Those same people are now posting in threads that GSP won't take the Whittaker fight and will duck it and therefore he cannot be GOAT. But they are also saying in other thread 'if he does fight and beat Whittaker he needs to fight a true MW and not another bloated WW who is fighting at MW', so then they will just say they need to see GSP fight and beat one of the bigger bodied MW's.

McGregor is the OFFICIAL GOAT

He free-balled what it took GSP 4 years to do

TS those who do not consider him GOAT now will not be swayed by the Whitaker fight.

Those same people are now posting in threads that GSP won't take the Whittaker fight and will duck it and therefore he cannot be GOAT. But they are also saying in other thread 'if he does fight and beat Whittaker he needs to fight a true MW and not another bloated WW who is fighting at MW', so then they will just say they need to see GSP fight and beat one of the bigger bodied MW's.

Nope , as I said in my initial post if he can beat whitacker and defend then personally I’d definately consider him the best. He’s had a gift title shot against a a poor champion, who does not represent the quality in the division. He hasn’t even fought another MW. Connor fans use the same argument for why he is GOAT which is laughable

The bigger problem is people getting upset that their favourite fighters is not viewed as the best ever. It’s subjective and there will always be different answers, none of them being factual

If Fedor gets submitted by Mir, I hope everybody will stop the Fedor GOAT non sense
If GSP loses to Whitaker then I’d expect you to take the same stance with GSP since career stages don’t matter here.

If GSP beats Whitaker I couldn’t argue with anyone calling him GOAT. Not because of Whitaker alone but because it’s a new division that he won and defended the title.
Even as a fan, I’ve tried it be honest with myself and still conclude that Fedor is GOAT. With a Whitaker win, I’ll take a long look in the mirror and decide at that time.
BUT
If Fedor wins the Bellator HW Tourney, then you all can eat a D.

Beating a crafty yet very limited WW at MW makes him GOAT? He barely has a win at MW against a worn and torn fluke champ who would have lost to the entire top 10.

Have him beat a real MW who isn't worn and torn or clearly a WW with weak grappling like Rochhold who is closing in on a title shot.

Luke's chin isn't great but even that wouldn't give GSP confidence vs him or any other true MW. He will beat Whittaker via TDs then call it quits after without actually taking on the MW division.

Whittaker is stylistically a very very favorable match up for GSP I don't see how people don't see it.

GSP was already in GOAT contention before retiring, if he continues with a run with the MW belt, and who knows if drops to WW and wins, then there is no doubt he is the absolute GOAT.

I'm curious if this would settle it for Sherdoggers.

I feel that after the Bisping fight, GSP is most certainly the GOAT, but I know many Fedor fans feel differently.

But if GSP beats Whitaker, it would require a whole new level of denial to believe that Fedor is still the GOAT.

I think it would really make clear that fans are just be fans ("fan" being short for fanatic), and not really thinking critically or reasonably. I already think that, but this would make it undeniable IMO.

So what will it be? Is GSP the GOAT no matter what with a convincing win here?

No.
His dominance was 6 years with questionable wins (Hendricks) and a 4 years vacation.
He would have to keep winning for a couple of years to get to a Fedor's level of dominance (10 years unbeaten).
Besides: Bisping was a joke of a champion, and Whittaker was a WW.
If he beats Luke, Yoel or Jacare, I would be seriously impressed, but we both know he won't stay at MW (heck, he doesn't want to stay and fight against WHittaker, so we both know he will leave the MW as soon as he can).

in my eyes, he's already GOAT.

He already is and nothing will convince anyone who doesn't already recognize that.

No.
His dominance was 6 years with questionable wins (Hendricks) and a 4 years vacation.
He would have to keep winning for a couple of years to get to a Fedor's level of dominance (10 years unbeaten).
Besides: Bisping was a joke of a champion, and Whittaker was a WW.
If he beats Luke, Yoel or Jacare, I would be seriously impressed, but we both know he won't stay at MW (heck, he doesn't want to stay and fight against WHittaker, so we both know he will leave the MW as soon as he can).

Fedor was a glorified can crusher. We counting wins over guys like Zulu now??

I feel that after the Bisping fight, GSP is most certainly the GOAT, but I know many Fedor fans feel differently.

But if GSP beats Whitaker, it would require a whole new level of denial to believe that Fedor is still the GOAT.

I think it would really make clear that fans are just be fans ("fan" being short for fanatic), and not really thinking critically or reasonably. I already think that, but this would make it undeniable IMO.

Good thread. If Gsp fights and loses valiantly to Whittaker, never mind wins, I would put him as goat.

Right now I do not have him as goat. Fighting Whittaker would indeed change that.

There's always going to be someone trying to stir the pot, but it'd be a statement hard to argue if he manages to beat Whittaker.

So yes, he'd be the undeniable GOAT (in my book) if he pulls it off.

Nope , as I said in my initial post if he can beat whitacker and defend then personally I’d definately consider him the best. He’s had a gift title shot against a a poor champion, who does not represent the quality in the division. He hasn’t even fought another MW. Connor fans use the same argument for why he is GOAT which is laughable

The bigger problem is people getting upset that their favourite fighters is not viewed as the best ever. It’s subjective and there will always be different answers, none of them being factual

Right but Conor doesn't have 13 title fight wins. Its not really subjective. It only becomes subjective when you are arguing over a few guys, in this case 3 or 4 guys. Otherwise, for the majority of fans its not really subjective at all, sports is and has always been about winning championships.

Fedor was a glorified can crusher. We counting wins over guys like Zulu now??

Let us see:
You are ecstatic GSP finally got the guts to move up and fight the worse champion MW division EVER had. That's while trying to get out of the Whittaker fight, so he can fight the LW champ.

That's while Fedor (who is 5 ft 11 m and Weights 235 lb) had the guts to fight a super HW fighter who's a lot taller (6 ft 7 in ) and Weights 408 lb who was, BTW, 7-0 at the time they fought (all via T(KO)).
Yeah, I would definitely count Zuluzinho as a better win for Fedor than guys like Hardy, or a one-eyed Kos that GSP couldn't put away.

What do you mean if?

He already is the GOAT.

Has avenged all his losses. Most title fight wins in UFC. Comes back after a 4-year break, goes up a weight class and wins the belt.

Sorry his credentials speak for themselves.

Throw in PED usage of Silva and Jones and this is not even a debate anymore.

Fedor was good but his record was padded. For every one legit challenger he defeated, he fought 2 undeserving fighters which boosted his record.

Back