GSP beats Whitaker- is he then the GOAT?

Anderson wanted nothing of a fight with GSP until he got to the point he was talking about retirement and having nothing left to prove at MW and it was only at that point he.finally wanted a fight with GSP.

That was right before GSP WAS was fighting Shields and prior to that you will not find a.single quote of Anderson's saying he wants anything to do with GSP. In fact all you find is the opposite when he and GSP are asked constantly about it. He says 'it's not a fight that interests me' or 'I'm happy in my category'.

So this idea that the minute Anderson is in legacy mode and decides he wants a super fight with GSP that GSP must jump and take it, when Anderson was not jumping to anything until he was ready is retarded.

Add to that when Anderson did demand of the UFC super fights saying he had only about 8 more fights left and he said he wanted the biggest fights possible, he changed that when Shogun became champ and started to call for a fight with Anderson every time a Mic.was put in front of him. Suddenly Anderson stated he would no longer fight outside MW and they would all have to make weight at MW to fight him.

GSP was always clear he would only fight at MW when he was done with WW.

And once Jones became champ Anderson made it clear he had no desire to fight him and that's when he refocused on GSP saying it was because he would get hit less.

LOL it is amazing how in the mind of a hater, he sees things differently.
Silva ALWAYS said he would not fight at LHW for the belt, because it was Machida's division.
So Silva did not want to fight Rua (the champion) at LHW. He said Rua was welcome to fight him at MW, but he would not get the belt Machida wanted.

That is exactly the same reason why DC moved to LHW when he was unbeaten with wins over BFS (right after he beat Fedor), Barnett (and won the HW tourney championship), Mir & Roy Nelson
That's right, this is not uncommon. Only in the eyes are a hater this is ducking.

And you know the UFC wanted GSP to fight SIlva. The CEO twitted so. Dana spoke about it plenty of times. Silva spoke about it plenty of times... and GSP ducked every single time.

Anderson Silva: November 2012
"I'm on vacation for the fight. I think we just come back at the end of next year ... I'm going to Los Angeles and then going to Canada for the fight of St. Pierre. I'm already going to be there to shoot a movie, a feature film that I'll participate in with Lyoto (Machida). It's not my character to up and challenge anyone. I think it will not happen. I think not, I'm sure (laughs)." - Tatame

GSP: November 2012 (after defeating Carlos Condit)

On top of that, he weighs 234 pounds; I weigh 188. So there's a big weight difference. I've fought guys who were bigger -- I'm not scared of him -- it's just that I will take this fight when it makes sense for me. I just came back from an injury, there's money to be made, there are fights in my weight class, other challenges out there, and if I fight him, I will have to gain weight, while he will have to lose weight, and then afterwards, I won't be able to come back to my weight class.

First and foremost, I have things to do at 170 pounds. When I am ready and when I want the fight, that's when it will happen. - Tout le Monde en Parle

March 2014 (After his announced hiatus, relinquishing of welterweight title)
There were conversations before but they were talking about me going up at 185. I weigh 190 pounds, the guy weighs 230 pounds when he is off season. I'm 190 pounds off season. Right now I'm 195 at maximum. My friends saw him and he is now 230, 235. I know people who know him. He is very big. It's not a fair fight for me. Before, Anderson Silva was in my size when he used to fight in Japan but he is very big now. They were talking also that he was going to come in my division when I was the champion and I would have no choice. But me going up and after I fight go back down...I can't play with my weight. I can't come back and fight for the title or in a superfight. It has to respect my conditions, I all ask is a fair fight. Right now I need to take some time off. But if they have an offer with something good, maybe. - ESPN Brazil

Sorry, this is ducking and crying he was too small, that he needed a fair fight...
what did he want to propose? Cut Anderson's legs?
LOL
Sorry, but GSP fanboys like you get triggered when truth is sent your way.
So you try to attack someone who is not even at the conversation at hand... and still gets humiliated by facts....

LOL it is amazing how in the mind of a hater, he sees things differently.
Silva ALWAYS said he would not fight at LHW for the belt, because it was Machida's division.
And GSP always said he would not take a fight above WW until he had cleaned out WW and was done with the division.

So why is Anderson's BS excuse ok but GSP's is not particularly when Anderson himself wanted no part of GSP until he was done with his own division and looking for legacy fights?

You can't have it both ways. Anderson does not get to say no to a GSP fight all during his active MW defense run and not be said to be ducking GSP and yet GSP does the same and is ducking. Stop being stupid and try to be consistent.

No there was nothing like Silva and Fedor's dominance.

But GSP will go down in the top 5 easily.

He's arguably already the GOAT. I have Jones slightly ahead still but I won't argue with anyone who puts him at 1 spot. It's still only between him, Jones, and Andy.

No there was nothing like Silva and Fedor's dominance.

But GSP will go down in the top 5 easily.
Hahaha
Good joke bro.
Gsp has more title wins in the UFC then Anderson. In fact he holds the UFC record and has beaten every person he has fought (avenged his two losses).

His dominance is better.

He takes 4 years off and comes back and wins the belt 1 weight class up.

Yea sorry GSP is the goat followed by Silva and Fedor then Jones.

And GSP always said he would not take a fight above WW until he had cleaned out WW and was done with the division.

So why is Anderson's BS excuse ok but GSP's is not particularly when Anderson himself wanted no part of GSP until he was done with his own division and looking for legacy fights?

You can't have it both ways. Anderson does not get to say no to a GSP fight all during his active MW defense run and not be said to be ducking GSP and yet GSP does the same and is ducking. Stop being stupid and try to be consistent.

I am being consistent. You are the one desperate to make an excuse.
6 years fighting the top of the division, he had cleaned all contenders (some more than once).
so no, you are the inconsistent one here.

Silva did not want to fight a champion from the division above because he felt that division belonged to Machida.
DC felt the same about HW and Cain. and they are not the only ones.

GSP was excuses because he kept claiming how much heavier was Silva (off season) while at the same time claiming he wasn't afraid, but never committing to it.
That is ducking.
And he proved it was ducking by coming back exactly when Bisping got the belt. All of a sudden, size didn't matter.
and now that he has to fight Whittaker, he started already complaining "how hard" it was to maintain weight, and his camp started claiming he should move down....

...and let us not forget that WHittaker was a WW, and is smaller than Bisping and gives up 3.5" reach advantage to GSP...

SO yeah, this was a blatant ducking from GSP towards SIlva.

Back