GSP beats Whitaker- is he then the GOAT?

Levi_

Silver Belt
Reaction score
I'm curious if this would settle it for Sherdoggers.

I feel that after the Bisping fight, GSP is most certainly the GOAT, but I know many Fedor fans feel differently.

But if GSP beats Whitaker, it would require a whole new level of denial to believe that Fedor is still the GOAT.

I think it would really make clear that fans are just be fans ("fan" being short for fanatic), and not really thinking critically or reasonably. I already think that, but this would make it undeniable IMO.

So what will it be? Is GSP the GOAT no matter what with a convincing win here?

He will need to clean the division before he is accepted as GOAT, by that point there may be a new potential GOAT

The problem is no matter what a fighter does, someone always wants more. Before the Bisping fight it was, "If GSP comes out of retirement after 4 years and wins the MW belt is he GOAT?" Its always one more fight, one more fight. The guy has won 13 title fights and his last 11 title fights consecutively in 2 different weight classes.

GSP is already the GOAT. He has no equal.

He already is one of the best so it won’t matter either way

He will need to clean the division before he is accepted as GOAT, by that point there may be a new potential GOAT

Why would he have to do that? He would have:

A) Taken the real title from the "defending" champ

B) Beaten the Interim (real) champ to defend

Pretty solid statement with the rest of his career to back that up as well..

That doesn't even make sense. He has to be the best WW of all time and then he has to retire, come out of retirement and then clean out MW for you to accept it? Gdamn, you don't ask for much.

I feel that after the Bisping fight, GSP is most certainly the GOAT, but I know many Fedor fans feel differently.

But if GSP beats Whitaker, it would require a whole new level of denial to believe that Fedor is still the GOAT.

I think it would really make clear that fans are just be fans ("fan" being short for fanatic), and not really thinking critically or reasonably. I already think that, but this would make it undeniable IMO.

No, the greatest of all time is still Ali, but how about B(aldest)OAT...!?!

He's had the best case for GOAT since Jones popped again. The Bisping fight wasn't even necessary.

He already cleaned his division years ago, noob. He doesn't need to do it again.

Someone will say something to the degree of "He needs to move up to LHW and take the belt from Cormier and maybe THEN he will be considered the GOAT."

Yes, sherdoggers are that stupid.

OK, but he has ALREADY cleaned out a division before he retired.

He's had the best case for GOAT since Jones popped again. The Bisping fight wasn't even necessary.

The Bisping fight was an awesome watch though so I'm glad it happened. GSP finishing Bisping after 4 years off, and it was the main event of one of the greatest events of all time, sheeiiit.

sheeit.gif

The Bisping fight was an awesome watch though so I'm glad it happened. GSP finishing Bisping after 4 years off, and it was the main event of one of the greatest events of all time, sheeiiit.

sheeit.gif
Yeah, it was spectacular.

If he beats Whitaker that seals the deal for me.

He already cleaned his division years ago, noob. He doesn't need to do it again.

Actually, some recognize that he cleaned at least 2 generations of fighters out of WW.

The problem is no matter what a fighter does, someone always wants more. Before the Bisping fight it was, "If GSP comes out of retirement after 4 years and wins the MW belt is he GOAT?" Its always one more fight, one more fight. The guy has won 13 title fights and his last 11 title fights consecutively in 2 different weight classes.
Exactly

Agreed. BS-Ping & Whitaker are slam dunks HOFer, GSP has to be GOAT. Period.

Think of the amount of pressure involved for a career like he's had. He's 26-2 but 50% of his entire career has been spent in main event 5 round title fights.....50%

Back