Greatest BJJ Match ever! "Buchecha" Almeida vs Rodolfo Vieira 2012 worlds abosolute

Great match i wouldn't say it is "best" though.

The vid is on the front page on Youtube and a lot of clueless fucks are leaving comments.

Bad idea

Sick fight but Rodolfo really screwed himself at the end. And what is with Buchecha's lack of sportsmanship?

Nothing wrong with Buchecha's attitude. He's about to take his top competitor at one of the biggest events. People hang on Kron's nuts all the time and he's the biggest dick before during and after matches.

As someone stated earlier these two don't like each other.

Nothing wrong with Buchecha's attitude. He's about to take his top competitor at one of the biggest events. People hang on Kron's nuts all the time and he's the biggest dick before during and after matches.

As someone stated earlier these two don't like each other.

I'll never get this attitude.
These are adult males competing at the highest levels. Good sportsmanship should be a requirement. They should respect each other and be honorable, win or lose.

I hate seeing adults act like children.

These are adult males competing at the highest levels. Good sportsmanship should be a requirement. They should respect each other and be honorable, win or lose.

Like I said nothing wrong with how he acted. They did the hand slap at the beginning and shook after the match. Just because it wasn't a warm embrace people start to question his attitude.

At around 10:45, should Buchecha have gotten the 2 points for the reversal? It doesn't look like he has a guard established.

Funny how this video is on the front page on YouTube, it is getting all sorts of hits from people who never seen a bjj match.

At around 10:45, should Buchecha have gotten the 2 points for the reversal? It doesn't look like he has a guard established.

It's a legit question. He had recovered guard a number of times, but wasn't "in guard" when he initiated the reversal.

The ref was really on the wrong side to see if he was actually in a guard when initiating the reversal. The commentators noted that too.

I'm not sure that I would have called that a sweep, but I'm not an IBJJF ref either.

It's a legit question. He had recovered guard a number of times, but wasn't "in guard" when he initiated the reversal.

The ref was really on the wrong side to see if he was actually in a guard when initiating the reversal. The commentators noted that too.

I'm not sure that I would have called that a sweep, but I'm not an IBJJF ref either.

Funny how in this match, this call could easily have cost Buchecha the win.

Funny how in this match, this call could easily have cost Buchecha the win.

Yeah, it would have.

I'm have no vested interest either way, but I certainly think that there is a legitimate question about the "sweep" there.

I think you need a law degree to be a ref these days...

I wouldn't have called it a sweep either..Rodolfo was on his way to passing when Buchecha bridged him over. Isn't there something in the rules about use of the legs as a requirement to score on a sweep? I'll have to re-watch it..not that it will change anything..

It's too bad it took till page 7 for someone to bring this up..which means people spent 6 pages trashing Buchecha's "unsportsmanlike conduct"..knocking the scoring system..and there were some praise points in there too.

That was a sick match though..I need to improve more so I can justify going to the worlds so I can see some of these matches in person.

Hugging is not a requirement, and shouldn't be. Buchecha did nothing disrespectful, he just didn't want to hug a guy that he doesn't particularly like.

To me, it's like when people criticize someone for not agreeing to touch gloves at the start of the first round, even though they just touched gloves after the ref's instructions. We definitely don't need to institutionalize additional gestures of respect just because some competitors feel the need to make gratuitous gestures of respect.

Back